2023-24 Jack Adams Award finalists: Rick Bowness, Andrew Brunette, Rick Tocchet

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I think Tocchet takes this one, the Canucks have to be the team that achieved most above expected in the league.

Reactions: Shane Diesel

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Montgomery deserved to be a finalist

109 pts with Zacha and Coyle as your 1-2 centres

Genuine question, when was the last time we saw a coach get nominated in back-to-back years?

Seems like the Jack Adams usually ends up going to whichever new(ish) coach saw the biggest improvement in their team's record.

Reactions: RogerRoger

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Bowness being nominated is surprising. Feel like there are a lot of guys who could've landed in that third spot behind Tocchet and Brunette.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Genuine question, when was the last time we saw a coach get nominated in back-to-back years?

Seems like the Jack Adams usually ends up going to whichever new(ish) coach saw the biggest improvement in their team's record.
last back 2 back winner was Jacques Demers in 87-88 DET (and was a finalist 86 STL)

back 2 back finalist.... looks like Paul MacLean 12-13 OTT and Trotz 10-11 NSH

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerRoger and LT

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Knoblach snubbed, brunette us mind boggling nominee lolol.

Have no issues with the other 2. Like most have said Tochette easily takes this. ..

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think Tocchet takes this one, the Canucks have to be the team that achieved most above expected in the league.
I think Tocchet will win too, but I'd argue he has more top pieces which makes it easier on a coach.

I'd give it to Brunnette.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Green coach and rookie GM, plus remember how many players were traded and bought out from last year.

Duchene Johansen Ekholm Tolvanen Kunin Jeannot Granlund Neiderreiter.

Brunette did alot this year to get them back in playoffs.

Reactions: CanuckCity

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't have minded seeing Oilers coach here too. Since Kris Knoblauch took over the Oilers, they are:

#1 in league for points
#1 in league for point %
#3 in league for power play
#7 in league on the PK
#1 in league for wins
#2 in league for goals for
#6 in league for goals against

Before he came on, Oilers were:

31st in points
31st in point %
#9 in power play
#30 in PK
#31 for wins
#28 in league for goals for
#26 in league for goals against

Such a turnaround within a season is pretty incredible.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Considering over half of teams in the league fired their coaches this year, it's surprising there's so many good candidates. Knoblauch had a great win %. Maurice turned the Panthers into contenders. And of course I'm always of the mind that the team with the best regular season record should at least get some consideration, so it's surprising that Laviolette isn't even mentioned I mean the Rangers had 55 wins lol. Montgomery was also working with quite a bit of spare parts

Lots of people were championing Tortorella when he had the Flyers in a playoff spot. I wonder if those same people would go to bat for Spencer Carbery (not that I think either should be nominated).

Reactions: RogerRoger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad