Not open for further replies.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
same picture with a blow up

skada.jpg

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Another black mark against this dumb money grab. I'm going to be rather mad if Silf is carrying an injury before the season has even started because of it.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I know this is a tournament with NHL rules and the pool might be small to pick from but isn't it weird that Canadian referees are working Canada's games at an international tournament?

Oct 18, 2011
Oh, I guess Perry CAN show up to important games.

Perry historically has shown up in the playoffs, he had a bad series against Nashville but those things happen sometimes.

Prior to last year he had 24 goals and 29 assists in his previous 55 playoff games

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I know this is a tournament with NHL rules and the pool might be small to pick from but isn't it weird that Canadian referees are working Canada's games at an international tournament?

I don't know if you have watched Team Canada over the past 6 years, but it doesn't matter who is officiating their games. They are dominant.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I don't know if you have watched Team Canada over the past 6 years, but it doesn't matter who is officiating their games. They are dominant.
The results aren't the point. Of course Canada is the best team around and they would be heavily favored to win any tournament.

The point is that having Canadian referees officiate Canadian games seemingly reinforces the idea that this is some fake tournament that some call a cash grab and not a real international prestige tournament where I thought those things were avoided to make the tournament seem more legitimate.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
The results aren't the point. Of course Canada is the best team around and they would be heavily favored to win any tournament.

The point is that having Canadian referees officiate Canadian games seemingly reinforces the idea that this is some fake tournament that some call a cash grab and not a real international prestige tournament where I thought those things were avoided to make the tournament seem more legitimate.
Aren't all the NHL refs Canadian? Maybe an American or two, but that's it?

This is an NHL-run tournament. The refs will only be from the NHL pool. It has more in common with the old North America vs the World All-Star games than a real international tournament.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Aren't all the NHL refs Canadian? Maybe an American or two, but that's it?

This is an NHL-run tournament. The refs will only be from the NHL pool. It has more in common with the old North America vs the World All-Star games than a real international tournament.
Having NHL refs, on top of hamstringing team USA with team NA, creates an impression of deck-stacking on Canada's behalf that they don't really need.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hahaha one of the Gimmick teams made the final. What a joke of a tournament.

Murray needs to get off his ass now that Sweden is done. Or else we're going to have our first camp holdout in a long time.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
As a Swede, I'm not even sad. Pretty sure I would have been if this was the Olympics.

Now we have two gimmick finals to look forward to, maybe three. And with the games starting 2 AM here, I don't think I'm gonna watch any of them. It's unfortunate cus usually I love international hockey. But I can't take this final as such.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I really, really want the castoffs of countries the NHL didn't think were important enough to win the whole thing.

I think Canada wins it, but I remain hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad