GDT: Anaheim players at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
Wonder why there isn't a thread for this? Would be nice to stay up to date with Anaheim players' performance at the World Cup. And discuss their impact on each team's game.

Correct me if I'm wrong or just lazy, but these players will make an appearance:

CAN
Getzlaf
Perry

USA
Kesler

FIN
Vatanen

SWE
Silfverberg

Team NA
Gibson

Hope they all do well (some more than others ;) and come back unscathed for the NHL season!

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Probably gonna root for the Finnish. It's more fun to root for an underdog team, even if I'm Canadian.

It was awesome watching the Finns demolish USA at the Olympics. I'm just hoping for a repeat. :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pre season hockey thread? This gimmick doesn't deserve it's own thread. World Cup implies best on best tournament which this isn't.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pre season hockey thread? This gimmick doesn't deserve it's own thread. World Cup implies best on best tournament which this isn't.

Yep. Until the world cup is done like an actual world cup without gimmick teams like team North America, I can't take it seriously. The Olympics (and to a further extent the U-20 WJC) remains the best international tournament and unfortunately the NHL is doing its best to kill NHL involvement. The WHC is like a bigger NHL all star game where the rosters are set by nationality.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Only thing that makes me care at all is that I don't want any Ducks players getting hurt otherwise nothing about it matters to me.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Crg8md_XEAALH9s.jpg

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I saw this tweet and said to myself "wonder how long until Getzlaf gets taken off of that unit?"

*three minutes later*

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I expect Lindholm to play his way into the line-up.

Unless he starts the way he did last season, which I suppose is possible. It wasn't godawful or anything, but it wasn't particularly impressive.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Bjurman also writes "Richard Rakell and Hampus Lindholm I believe will be a big surprise experience for those that haven't seen them much here in Sweden"

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
According to Swedish journalist and blogger Per Bjurman, Lindholm is 7th defense and Rakell is paired with Gabriel Landeskog and Carl Söderberg. That is an alfa build, so much can change. Also, Silfverberg gets to play with Hagelin again plus Marcus Krüger.
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/perbjurman/

Think Rakell and Landeskog are pretty good friends off the ice. Was hoping Ricky would play with a more "exciting" center, though. Should've put 'em with Bäckström.

Hagelin, Krüger and Silfver sounds like a pretty solid shutdown line as well.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I couldnt care less about the wcofh.

However, i think this is potentially a huge boon for the ducks.

Getz and Perry always seem to start so... sluggish and out of shape.

Rakell and Lindholm will have a chance to escalate their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad