GDT: Anaheim players at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
So I'm not watching the game, but after reading the remarks here, I noticed Gibson had a .935 save percentage. Is he visually bad, or has he turned it around from a rough start?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So I'm not watching the game, but after reading the remarks here, I noticed Gibson had a .935 save percentage. Is he visually bad, or has he turned it around from a rough start?

He's looked a little shakey at times, and has had some bad rebounds. He's making some good saves, but I think there's some nervousness with how he looks in net.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

He's swimming on every potential shot. Just looks bad out there.

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas

While he's made some good saves, he still is vulnerable stick side with his arm out way too wide of his body, especially when he's moving to his glove side.

Put simply, he's not been very impressive because of the holes in his game.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not being able to watch really any of these games, from this thread it sounds like all the Ducks players are terrible (except Getzlaf). Not sure if that's actually the case or if people are over exaggerating. If it's true, then this is going to be a really rough season to get through. A terrible Kesler,a terrible Gibson, terrible Vats, unnoticeable Silf, and a lazy Perry all point toward a lottery pick.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Not being able to watch really any of these games, from this thread it sounds like all the Ducks players are terrible (except Getzlaf). Not sure if that's actually the case or if people are over exaggerating. If it's true, then this is going to be a really rough season to get through. A terrible Kesler,a terrible Gibson, terrible Vats, unnoticeable Silf, and a lazy Perry all point toward a lottery pick.

Other than potential injuries, I wouldn't read too much into anyone's performance in this tournament.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
To the guy who asked about Gibson, he had a very good game. One soft goal, one sequence when he gave up a rebound and had to make two difficult saves to make up for it, some rebounds were given up but no goalie controls every rebound in any game. On the flip side, some great and clutch saves. A very good, not great, game.

Some people are still fighting a war that's already over.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Silf was noticeable when he ran Gibson today. :sarcasm:

Gibby had a great save in OT that lead to the game winner for NA but I'm scared he's still hurt or something.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/burn-d...p-071352744.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Burn down Team USA, from its philosophy to its leadership

Part of the humiliation for Team USA was watching that identity morph into a multiple personality disorder during the tournament.

Why have David Backes and Ryan Kesler on your team, and then instruct them not to play the role of agitator against Canada? To stay away from “after the whistle stuff” that they excel at doing?

Why have Brandon Dubinsky on your team and not play him to agitate Sidney Crosby, which is literally his only notable accomplishment of the last few seasons? Because he might take penalties? Isn’t that point? And if he’s scratched because Kyle Palmieri brings more offense, well, isn’t that decision in direct contrast with how this team was built for “jam” but not for skill?

Why have Justin Abdelkader on the team and move him into a Top 6 role in your most important game? Or have him on the team, you know, at all?

The whole thing is worth a read.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I love that Abdelkader is basically becoming synonymous with wrongheaded failure.

He's a pretty good bottom six, maybe second line forward that plays a certain role. In other words he's "gritty." He's useless when playing a team like Canada, which has four first lines.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah he's not a bad player, I just love that everyone is like "oh great, good call going with Abdelkader over Kessel." Makes me happy.

Or Bobby Ryan.

Or Kyle Okposo.

Ooh, look, offensively gifted players. Surely they wouldn't have helped score more than zero goals against an arbitrarially assembled Europe nonsense team...

USA hockey frustrates me.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Gibson looked shakey today, good thing we got Bernier I actually think he will surprise a lot of people.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So I read Getzlaf sat against Europe because he's not at 100 percent. That's encouraging....

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So I read Getzlaf sat against Europe because he's not at 100 percent. That's encouraging....

In the game vs USA Getzy got hit from Buff and Carlson as much as i saw. It didn`t seem to impact him there at all but this is definitely worrying both short and longterm. His body definitely has taken on some beating over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad