GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Our bottom 6 isn't our problem though. They're actually doing quite well for who they are. Our problem is our top guys playing slow, weak, and unstructured. Perry peaked in the first game, and then has gotten progressively worse. Eaves is who he is, invisible until he's set up for a shot. Rakell is back to puck-hogging. Silfverberg looks drunk. Props to Cogliano, but he's not the guy to carry a line.

Glad I'm not the only one noticing the puck hogging from Rakell. He turned it over a number of times last game trying to force his way into the opposing end. It looks nice, but it's easy to defend against because it's one player against multiple.

I also agree that the bottom 6 isn't the problem. The team just doesn't have enough talent right now. What talent we do have is either alone on an island, or just not playing well enough.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Yet every other game this season Boll is in you. And the rest somehow blame him and single him out. Despite those same missing players. Nice edit
Boll makes such a difference serving more PIMs then he gets ice time. Yeah total game changer and his 3-4 min of ice time.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yet every other game this season Boll is in you. And the rest somehow blame him and single him out. Despite those same missing players. Nice edit

And you thought they looked good in those other games?

No one is singling out Boll. They're saying Carlyle shouldn't be adding to a depleted roster by keeping a player in it who doesn't contribute anything.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
This team is just so dull with all the injuries. All they can do right now is find a way to get some points until they get some guys back. Most worrisome thing is Gibson still can't stay healthy, and Perry's great 1st game is starting to seem like an aberration.

Oh, and free Boll!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yes, he single handedly scared the puck into the net more then the opponent. Thought you knew this

It's because he intimidated them.

Into losing, I guess. It has nothing to do with the effort and play of the other players. It was the guy playing a couple of minutes. He was the difference.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
It's because he intimidated them.

Into losing, I guess. It has nothing to do with the effort and play of the other players. It was the guy playing a couple of minutes. He was the difference.
Yep, him having more PIMs then ice time is the difference. It's the key to this team's success

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yet the team won that game
In spite of Boll, not because of him. Being forced into playing three lines because you are icing a plug who can't play defense, can't play offense, can't win a fight, can't legally land a hit, and can't play special teams is stupid. It's grinding down what skill players we do have forcing them to play too heavy minutes because the 4th line can't be trusted with a shift.

I, and a number of other people who are criticizing you on this, are NOT anti-enforcer. We are against crappy, worthless enforcers. The position needs to be filled by an actual hockey player. Or at least someone who's legitimately scary. Boll is neither.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
In spite of Boll, not because of him. Being forced into playing three lines because you are icing a plug who can't play defense, can't play offense, can't win a fight, can't legally land a hit, and can't play special teams is stupid. It's grinding down what skill players we do have forcing them to play too heavy minutes because the 4th line can't be trusted with a shift.

I, and a number of other people who are criticizing you on this, are NOT anti-enforcer. We are against crappy, worthless enforcers. The position needs to be filled by an actual hockey player. Or at least someone who's legitimately scary. Boll is neither.

That's my biggest issue with Boll, and Carlyle, right now. If he wants Boll in a healthy line-up, fine. But now? When we desperately need all the help we can get? Not the time.

This team can't afford to roll 3 lines and have tired players at the end of the game, when it doesn't have the talent to fill them.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Some of the poor play can be blamed on injuries. Taking bad penalties is a hallmark of this team and there is no excuse for that, other than coaching.

As for the PP by committee...

5cc178d14b46968bcb6926dd02918f50--typo-poster-quote-posters.jpg

Or, in our case...

hybrid_1.jpg

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Boll's greatest contribution to date is serving the ten minute misconduct so we didn't lose an actual hockey player for that time.
Bolls impact on the wins that he dressed for,was about the same as mine. I was in section 320 for the home games except the loss.....so I may be in line for MVP

And I'd be okay with Boll, if he could, you know, scare someone. The only scary thing about Boll is his hockey ability

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Gibson day to day with an UBI. At least it isn't his groin. Kinda good news.

Plus they only have 1 game next week not including Sunday

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
The Getzlaf situation is ridiculous. He clearly was not 100% and they let him play and here we are with him out again, we aren't going far if they don't wait for him to get healthy before playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad