GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
The Colorado announcers think Holzer initiated. He wasn't even looking at the player. He was backing up, while watching the play.

I can admit that Holzer did make contact but the Colorado player had a very "Perry-esque" bump into the goalie.

I wouldn't blame the Avs if they challenged that one but they wasted it on the obvious GI earlier in the game so they made their own bed.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I can admit that Holzer did make contact but the Colorado player had a very "Perry-esque" bump into the goalie.

I wouldn't blame the Avs if they challenged that one but they wasted it on the obvious GI earlier in the game so they made their own bed.

Yeah, I saw this last one as 50/50 if it were challenged. It's one of those I could see going both ways.

Their own fault for wasting it on the first one, which was pretty clear.

But I'd hope the fact that Holzer actually didn't initiate contact would result in it being GI. You shouldn't punish a player for trying to get into position and unknowingly making contact.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Hate seeing a defending player get his stick in the way when he's not at the shot. If you can't get your stick at the point of release, you need to get it out of the way.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Slashing never counts when it happens to our players, you should know this by now Hazy.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Colorado should have received a damn penalty, but God forbid they actually call the same bull for both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad