Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Pre-game time, let’s go.

Willy Styles back we think? Roberson sits?

Brodie back in? My guess is yes but don’t know who is out? Easy answer is Lilly but somehow I guess not, going Benoit. Who knows?

Swayman? Ullmark?

Ok let’s discuss.

P.s. I’m not hellbent on gdt for this one, if anyone has something sure. But it has to be Bob Cole heavy. That said, I’ll take otherwise, the BwO brain trust is cooking.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Apparently Matthews was playing through an illness last game. This season it seems like our team has an illness going through it every other weak. All that money on sports nutrition department and medical staff and all that and this seems to be happening more than any other team in the league.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Imagine fans getting tuned up by the media bc this is their pump up anthem and the team hilariously fails for the past 7 years.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Go Leafs Go.
Powerplay.. need goals.
Penalty Kill.. need stops
Goalie.. make the easy saves.
Megabucks players.. lead the team, be the best players on the ice.

Play hard, for the whole game, pay attention to details.

If we win, it's because we showed up, played our games, and our Special teams won the battle on this day. If we lose, it's probably our own fault.

Critical game, just win. Want to win more than them bad news Bears.

Oh, and could someone please run over the rat.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's tough luck that they could only play 5 innings and losing by 1 run. They had no chance to come back.

Reactions: Jojalu

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lose this and series over

Whether its 5, 6 or 7 doesnt matter. Leafs cant beat boston 3 times in a row facing elimination

Must win, seasom deciding game
We need Marner and Nylander to make an impact before Pasta does. Hard to believe we are down 2-1 to this Bruins team without Pasta doing much damage and most of our foot soldiers stepping up.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
We need Marner and Nylander to make an impact before Pasta does. Hard to believe we are down 2-1 to this Bruins team without Pasta doing much damage and most of our foot soldiers stepping up.
Exactly right.

Somehow Pasta still has picked up 3 points althoufh he has looked invisable outside the goal he scored

Reactions: ToneDog

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nylander being back would be massive.

Hopefully the PP clicks a little more this game. If it doesn't Keefe needs to step in and have Boucher mix it up.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
With Matthews playing through an illness and the possibility of Nylander returning I think the 2 days benefits the team more.

Also gives the team time to work on their terrible PP and PK.

thing is with the talent on this team we shouldn't really need to practice too much on the PP, just let there talent come out. the problem could be over coaching the PP and there thinking to much or forcing things there being asked to do rather then just let there talent take over.

also the PK is bad because the players on the team are not good at it, and two days of practice are not going to improve it. doesn't mean you shouldn't practice it but that is a player personnel issue that was never addressed in the summer or trade deadline.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-04-24-12-49-21~2.png

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Start time very odd. They could have started the vegas game an hour earlier there and start normal staurday night in Toronto. Not sure what experience the network is trying to accomplish. I guess non-stop hockey but thats late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad