GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There's just no way this team is going to find any consistency without all of Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, Vatanen, and Kase. That's just too many important players missing at once. I expect them to play the way they have been until a couple of those guys make it back

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
When you're taking this many penalties you're simply not gonna win. Ever.

Surprisingly Berra looked great. Hopefully Gibson or Miller is back soon though. When Berra isn't in the zone he can be absolutely horrible. He has tendencies to flop around in the crease more than any goalie I ever saw. But in this game he was terrific.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wagner 18 minutes ice time, almost 9 minutes in PK.
How did he look? I don`t think I ever have seen such a big PK time in one game. Would be very very usefull if he could become our PK go to guy to reduce wear and tear on G&K

Rasmussen only 7 minutes ice time, even Grant had 14. What`s up with Rasmussen?

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
That was a couple of hours of my life I wish never happened. It was embarrassingly bad. Does anyone have a clue what Getzlaf's problem is? If he needs to sit out for a longer period of time we're going to be done for the season pretty early.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
There's just no way this team is going to find any consistency without all of Getzlaf, Kesler, Lindholm, Vatanen, and Kase. That's just too many important players missing at once. I expect them to play the way they have been until a couple of those guys make it back

Yep. I mean we're withour three best players. It's like the Pens without Crosby, Malkin and Letang or the Hawks without Kane, Toews and Keith. Not many teams could survive for long with the injuries we have.

I just hope it's not going to be like this the whole year. Tampa who was one of the cup favourites missed the playoffs altogether last year because of injuries, I don't want to see that for us.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Gibson is made out of glass.

I just hope it's not going to be like this the whole year. Tampa who was one of the cup favourites missed the playoffs altogether last year because of injuries, I don't want to see that for us.
I doesn't make any difference to me whether we miss the playoffs if we can't go all the way, and I don't believe this team can go all the way any more.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How did he look? I don`t think I ever have seen such a big PK time in one game. Would be very very usefull if he could become our PK go to guy to reduce wear and tear on G&K

Grant has surpassed him and Shaw on the depth chart it seems. But Grant playing 14 obviously had to do with all the PK time. I think the plan was to play Rasmussen, Kerdiles and Shaw more, but because of all the penalties there wasn't much 5 on 5 time to go around for the 4th line.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
After watching last nights game I don't believe Ritchie is completely healthy either and Eaves looked like he was not 100%, that might have been soreness from the last game.

Last edited:

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I can't believe I actually watched the whole game.

Injuries are bad and it looks like there is zero chemistry between the players. Perry is starting to look like Perry from last season. Silfverberg looks like he is just lost. Rakell tries to do everything by himself. The only time I noticed Eaves was when he was doing the Avs' penalty killing for them.

Berra was very good and he will need to be as Gibson looked to be in some pain after Perry skated into him. Wagner has been one of the very few bright spots. BM better not waive him again. Grant with another nifty redirect and this time it counted and was the game winner. Well, in all fairness he is ok as a depth player and is yet to take a slashing penalty.

With all the injuries you wish someone would step up, but sadly no-one really has. Apart from Gibson, and now he's gone too. We need some bodies back sooner rather than later if we are to make the playoffs.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho

Honestly, I think Wagner has been one of our best players so far this season.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gibson is made out of glass.

I doesn't make any difference to me whether we miss the playoffs if we can't go all the way, and I don't believe this team can go all the way any more.
I think healthy the team will be fine... the defense is going to be among the tops in the league... if Gibson stays healthy hell be towards the top in major goalie categories. We will be contender in the west if we are healthy.

Biggest issue will be finding offensive help, I think we need to find a way to roll 3 lines consistently... so we don't put too much wear and tear on kesler and getzlaf.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I think healthy the team will be fine... the defense is going to be among the tops in the league... if Gibson stays healthy hell be towards the top in major goalie categories. We will be contender in the west if we are healthy.

Biggest issue will be finding offensive help, I think we need to find a way to roll 3 lines consistently... so we don't put too much wear and tear on kesler and getzlaf.
Yeah, I think we need to find a way to keep Rakell at center. He has looked good, and can provide 3 solid centers as long as we can surround him with talent

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, I think we need to find a way to keep Rakell at center. He has looked good, and can provide 3 solid centers as long as we can surround him with talent

I would love to get someone like a james neal... if/when vegas is out of the race. Left handed shot. Pure goal scorer with a physical edge.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I would love to get someone like a james neal... if/when vegas is out of the race. Left handed shot. Pure goal scorer with a physical edge.
Or Perron or anyone that isn't a 4th liner.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Cogliano has absolutely answered the bell. It's not good when your 6-8th best forward is the guy carrying you though.
Yes, Cogliano has been good. Then again he is pretty much always good, it's just that this time his efforts have been rewarded. Kase looked pretty good too but is now injured as well. I guess I was hoping that Ritchie would take the next step and/or one of the "bottom six" would be a pleasant surprise. Granted (no pun intended), Fiore only got one game and that time the nerves got the better of him.

I still prefer Rakell as a winger. I think the best play would be to eventually get a 3rd line center and go with Getzlaf-Kesler-X-Vermette in the middle. Don't know how it would work cap-wise, though.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Our 1 and 1a goalies are injured.
Getz is down again
Hampus and Sami
Ritchie looks bad
Eaves still not right
Kase?

Need Pedro Serrano to exorcise our demons

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
The less said about that game the better, if it wasn't for Berra playing way above his actual level Anaheim would have given up 5 or 6 goals easy (and deserved to do so). Anaheim just got dominated by the worst team in the NHL, yes they have some injuries but that is still a flat out joke.

Also I originally liked this idea of tightening up on slashing calls, but it's honestly garbage - not only in Ducks games but other NHL games I've seen it's just terrible. Anything that is even remotely in the rough area of the hands is a slash - I mean how many times were Anaheim called for slashes in this game that didn't catch the hands? Must have been at least 2 or 3. Not to mention you have guys now shaking off the hand to try and draw the call even when it's nowhere near the hands.

What's up with Rasmussen is that he is the worst player on the team currently, yes even worse then Boll somehow. At least most of the time Boll is a 'meh' where you don't notice him in a good way or a bad way, Rasmussen is a flat out negative every time he's out there right now with the constant stupid penalties he takes and his defensive play has been pretty garbage as well. IMO best he can hope for when the team heals up is to be the 13th forward.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I read that Gibson went full practice today which is strange if in fact it was a hand injury that took him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad