Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2 games, 2 points, is +1, 4 hits, 3 sog, 1 x 2 min minor penalty and 2 W for Flyers
has played as 1D in both games, about 20 minutes in game 1, 22 minutes in game 2.

plays good in the d-zone, is great in the o-zone

had an awesome secondary assist in his game 2
- he drew 2 minny players very close to the blue line, made a hard long pass
to Konecny, who then made a cross the ice pass to Tippett, who scored 3-3 tying goal
with a hard and accurate wrister

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
This right here? Some of the most delusional nonsense I've ever read. Only teams that make the playoffs can "throw stones" now? And only certain percentages of playoff seasons have a right to chirp? Get a grip, man. It's a game.
Oh whats wrong? Ducks fans or other teams fans hating on Philly dont like being told some hard-hitting facts?

I see a lot of 'Philly this' and 'Philly that' and mosty negative - yet the moment anything negative about Anaheim is brought up, its 'delusional'

Lmao, seems like some cant handle the back and forth huh? You poor thing you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I find it quite ironic that Philly is labeled this horribly rude fanbase yet the worst of each fanbase has come out in this thread to hate on them - really goes to show the insecurities of those attacking an entire city and organization based off a single trade

74% playoff rate for Philly - 48% playoff rate for Anaheim - and he lost the chance to play with Michkov who is easily the best prospect of both teams.

you made a great choice here, Cutter (lmfao)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I find it quite ironic that Philly is labeled this horribly rude fanbase yet the worst of each fanbase has come out in this thread to hate on them - really goes to show the insecurities of those attacking an entire city and organization based off a single trade

74% playoff rate for Philly - 48% playoff rate for Anaheim - and he lost the chance to play with Michkov who is easily the best prospect of both teams.

you made a great choice here, Cutter
You misspelled Leo Carlsson lol.
Would probably put Fantilli above Michkov too. He's gonna enjoy getting passes from Carlsson leading to some great Cutter goals.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Cutter said he had multiple issues with the organisation so would be interesting to see what these were. Michkov has already said he doesnt want to play for multiple teams so if he encounters these issues over the next few years I would be very worried

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Odds are neither side is telling the truth.

Gauthier should either make specific claims or never speak on the matter again; he will always look worse than an entire organization, considering one is a teenager with zero NHL experience
You think he looks worse, I don’t. It’s a matter of opinion and ours differs. I think Philly didn’t live up to a commitment it made and I don’t think some kid should have to go on TV and call them out to satisfy people. Him wanting to leave should be enough, as you say he isn’t an NHl player and hasn’t been paid, so he owns no one anything.

Reactions: Firequacker

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

He may have made a great choice, time will tell. Let people be proven wrong.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Friedman seemed to lay it out pretty clearly.
Kid wanted to come out of school last year and burn a contract year.
Flyers were a mess at time organizationally and they said wait til next year when we sort ourselves out.
Maybe other bits and pieces around that, related to how that was communicated.

If that’s the case. Kid sounds selfish and entitled. Also the sky is blue.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Friedman seemed to lay it out pretty clearly.
Kid wanted to come out of school last year and burn a contract year.
Flyers were a mess at time organizationally and they said wait til next year when we sort ourselves out.
Maybe other bits and pieces around that, related to how that was communicated.

If that’s the case. Kid sounds selfish and entitled. Also the sky is blue.
Gauthier does have that douchebag feeling when you seem being interviewed. Starting the contract a few months earlier doesn't take him to group III free agency sooner. 40 games on the NHL roster is needed for an accrued season. 7 years or 27. His agent Kurt Overcharge doesn't have a great reputation. They are perfect for each other.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Would probably put Fantilli above Michkov too. He's gonna enjoy getting passes from Carlsson leading to some great Cutter goals.

I think all three are in a similar ball park here. If Michkov wasn't signed in Russia, he'd arguably be a #1.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
2 games, 2 points, is +1, 4 hits, 3 sog, 1 x 2 min minor penalty and 2 W for Flyers
has played as 1D in both games, about 20 minutes in game 1, 22 minutes in game 2.

plays good in the d-zone, is great in the o-zone

had an awesome secondary assist in his game 2
- he drew 2 minny players very close to the blue line, made a hard long pass
to Konecny, who then made a cross the ice pass to Tippett, who scored 3-3 tying goal
with a hard and accurate wrister
You will love Drysdale, I am bummed we traded him away as I think Drysdale should be at least a very good number 2 d-men. But it is clear that the price on Gauthier was high and to get such a blue chip prospect you need to pay up. When you see Drysdale skate back after he pinched, just wow, his skating is elite. Good luck to him on the Flyers, less injuries and may you enjoy his playing for many years to come! As a last note, he seems a great person as well, which is always nice. Cheers.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Drysdale was exactly what Philly needs. That back end is very weak and he makes them significantly better. I love this deal for the Flyers.

2 points 2 games
Set up the game tying goal. Then they won

Flyers are a way better team with him

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

There were Flyers fans who showed up to a college game last night, with custom t shirts made up, for the sole purpose of harrassing a teenager. Do you realize how pathetic that looks to anyone who isn't having a hissy fit over this situation? Sure every fanbase has its good fans and morons but your morons really make sure they don't go unnoticed. They are more than living up to the very reputation that folks suggested may have driven the kid away in the first place.

Again not painting the entire fanbase with the same brush, there have been some more than reasonable takes here from Flyers fans. You just seem to have an unusually high number of complete knuckleheads and they give you all a bad rep.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Didn’t realize just how delusional Ducks fans are on this site. Holy shit, this is hilarious.

Cutter said he had multiple issues with the organisation so would be interesting to see what these were. Michkov has already said he doesnt want to play for multiple teams so if he encounters these issues over the next few years I would be very worried

Worry about your own team?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Didn’t realize just how delusional Ducks fans are on this site. Holy shit, this is hilarious.

Worry about your own team?

Carlsson was just drafted five slots ahead of Michkov, and has already impressed in the NHL. Take off the Flyers blinders, you are the delusional one if you think it's so cut and dry that Michkov is the better prospect at this point.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Carlsson was just drafted five slots ahead of Michkov, and has already impressed in the NHL. Take off the Flyers blinders, you are the delusional one if you think it's so cut and dry that Michkov is the better prospect at this point.
Yes Carlsson is a great prospect. As is Michkov. And Fantilli, as already mentioned.

All three teams should be happy to have them.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
It's possible the agent had something to do with it, why his client didn't want to play in the city of brotherly love. The sport today is more of a business than ever, and agents make a lot of money on these young prospects. If the Flyers told him to wait a year, that's suspended money on an agents bank account. Gauthier even mentioned he would keep the reason between himself, his family and the agent.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Are people still upset about this? It’s like old news now lmao
Every day there is something new to keep it going. Yesterday it was Boston College delaying entrance for fans with Flyers gear.

Or Cutter’s activity on social medias, liking the Sean Avery interview. Dont tell me he is allowed to, not my point. Just saying why its still going.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Every day there is something new to keep it going. Yesterday it was Boston College delaying entrance for fans with Flyers gear.

Grown men show up to a college event to harras a teenager, shouldn't have been allowed in.

Look at the fat greasy slob in this picture, with his hand drawn T-shirt. He's actually proud of what he's doing with his Friday night haha brought his kids with him! So utterly pathetic.

Haven't seen a melon that greased up since Michael and Dwight were practicing giving birth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-095047~3.png
    Screenshot_20240113-095047~3.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: lordtrillson

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Fans in Flyers gear who were there for the sole purpose of harassing a Boston College player, including custom T-shirts calling him a jackass. I can't imagine why they might think those fans warrant a delay.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Fans in Flyers gear who were there for the sole purpose of harassing a Boston College player, including custom T-shirts calling him a jackass. I can't imagine why they might think those fans warrant a delay.
Yup. That’s strange behaviour for sure. Considering Torts is seeing another Dan Boyle type in Drysdale, you’d think Flyers’ fans would be excited about this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad