Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
He is wildly inconsistent. Last night he was easily one of the worst players on the ice. I lost count how many mistakes he made. Nashville's forecheck completely owned him.
my point is that his advanced stats rarely make him look like a top 3 d-man. he has major holes in his own zone. on occasion, is O makes up for it.

Reactions: surixon and Jets 31

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Your post in reply to me saying the statement that Hutch in last night could have been a win doesn't fit. My point was that it is more than possible that Hutch could have started and won, and he could have. Hutch starting a game the Jets score 5 goals is not an automatic loss which was what the post I replied to stated. That was 100% incorrect.
I think a pull of Helle would have been helpful but the path not taken... no way to tell what would have happened.
I’m not against Hutch starting.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
jets did not look effective in their own zone. stats show that. eyeballs in the 1st period specifically showed that.

But the Preds didn't look effective in their own zone. That's what I whas getting at. You said the Preds had good execution no? I think we did enough to win with normal goaltending

Reactions: GJETson

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Your post in reply to me saying the statement that Hutch in last night could have been a win doesn't fit. My point was that it is more than possible that Hutch could have started and won, and he could have. Hutch starting a game the Jets score 5 goals is not an automatic loss which was what the post I replied to stated. That was 100% incorrect.
Ok , but what I'm saying is Maurice would have been crazy to start Hutch last night when Helly was coming off a shutout and i'm sorry the Jets have a better chance of winning a game with Helly than Hutch .

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I think a pull of Helle would have been helpful but the path not taken... no way to tell what would have happened.
I’m not against Hutch starting.
I didn't say Helle should have been pulled or not start. Simply stated it was possible if he started that with the Jets scoring 5 it was entirely plausible he could have won the game which is contrary to what another poster stated.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It's like half the board forgot the Jets were up 5-3 with 9 minutes left. Nashville feasted on some shit play by a handful of players, one of which, most importantly was our goalie. Otherwise they were just as big a mess as the Jets,or just as good, depending on your perspective ;).

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pretty timely tweet by Garret. The best D is to have zone time and prevent the opposition from having the puck

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Ok , but what I'm saying is Maurice would have been crazy to start Hutch last night when Helly was coming off a shutout and i'm sorry the Jets have a better chance of winning a game with Helly than Hutch .
Never said that was or wasn't, as I posted in my last post, my reply was to a poster giving an absolute that if Hutch had played we would have lost.

That is not at all accurate, not you, but posts making statements as 100% and absolutes should be addressed and it was.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I just want to say that I thought the game went really well. We had two new guys that had never played with us before and in pretty important roles, we are missing 3 or 4 key pieces to injury, we played the best team (aside from us :) ) in the division, maybe in the league, and it was a coin toss until the very end.

We will be just fine.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Brian Little missed practice today - under the weather - as did Myers yesterday. Their sub par play last night is probably because they are playing while sick.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
i want this team to concentrate Powers to 2 lines. laine at first line is the first thing to do. and see that he got most playing time in League among c/wingers. lets make him the best , BIGGEST thing in League since Gretzky/Lemieux. lets not stand here seeing other team try with worse players try to do something like this while our diamont here is out of playtime. no. lets be proud of this diamont and have him raised to skies and get opponent to shame at games.

lets get rid of buff..or sideline it. Little same and then stepping down with this Wheelers. he must be at second or third lines. if he dont accept this then he must go. armia going to other teams first line i dont see hie future here as coach dont let him be good here. concstant ignoring and benching and doghocufosing. roslovic also maybe have to go. there is no room here since BIG strong well educated MONSTER vesalainen arrives here for next season and is pointing for instant notice being impossible to ignore here. and so on...

im sorry but buff destroying the pp here. he coach like big strong large amount of massiveness of scary thing out there but he very odd being there when thinking of playing..passing pucks around. he is not this kind of player. they fool him to throw pucks away and easy to clear zoun like this. very strange by coach

avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Piss off, McCurdy. I'll be frank. I'm not a "hockey fan". I don't care about "great exciting hockey games". I'm a "just win the ****ing game, Jets" fan. So, I don't want to see the Jets and Perds. I want all the stronger teams upset in every round so we can play weaker opponents that we can crush like bugs in boring one sided games that have viewers tuning out all across North America. Well, everywhere but Winnipeg, obviously. Honestly, beyond my contractually obligated attended games, I probably won't even watch the playoff games. I'll just check the score post game and if they win, watch the highlights. I'm old. Don't want to put too much strain on the ticker.

Sometimes, I miss the days when this team sucked. The losses were like meh, who cares? Had a tank thread to ***** and moan in. Could look forward to an exciting entry draft where we had high picks. Good times. Good times.

Consarn it, back in my day our team lost every game that counted. We were (somehow) mathematically eliminated from the playoffs during the pre-season! We didn't have much, but we were happy. These days you have to look at the standings to see where we sit. Back then we knew where we sat. At the bottom. And we were happy!

Lulz aside I'm having some concerns about Hellebuyck's play vs. Nashville. Here's his numbers for this season:

vs. NSH3358:57120155.099580.8420
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

5.09 GAA and Sv% of 0.842? Even Pavelec looks down at those numbers. Small sample size, I know, but is it possible it's like the situation Hutch had vs. Chicago, just in reverse? I hope PoMo doesn't get married to one goalie if his performance starts to slide...

m.

Reactions: nobody important

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't understand why people are ragging on Hellebuyck for that 5th goal. On the second goal, he gave up a bad rebound on a similar shot. Like an elite goaltender, he learned from his mistake, and didn't give up a bad rebound the second time it happened.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't understand why people are ragging on Hellebuyck for that 5th goal. On the second goal, he gave up a bad rebound on a similar shot. Like an elite goaltender, he learned from his mistake, and didn't give up a bad rebound the second time it happened.
upload_2018-2-28_13-46-9.jpeg

Reactions: Romang67

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

As Maurice said and I quote- " Chevy manages the forest, and I manage the trees". I know"certain board members" here would like to manage the trees, but unfortunately they'll have to live with what our coach wants--and so far, he's done a great job, at "tree management.":thumbu:
Amidst the raging forest fire of hot takes, this made me laugh. No idea why, but it did.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
But the Preds didn't look effective in their own zone. That's what I whas getting at. You said the Preds had good execution no? I think we did enough to win with normal goaltending

After watching the 3rd period, I have to agree. I think both teams didn't do that good of a job defending, including both Helle and Rinne.

My take on it was we weren't playing all that great, missing 2 key D-men, missing our shutdown C, but it was almost a coin flip on who could have won.

Also, read that Little and Myers weren't practicing today, and had a maintenance day. Someone surmised they could be down with a cold. If so, that explains there not-so-great play last night.

I have no doubt Helle will bounce back. And once we get Trouba, Toby, and Lowry back, we'll be in good shape.

GJETson, not-really-a-hockey professor

EDIT: Oh, and I never want to see Morrow and Chiarot as a pairing ever again. (unless it's another teams' first pairing :biglaugh:)

Last edited:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I didn't mind Morrow tonight - you can see he is a puck mover. Good depth guy.

Hellebuyck needs to be better than that - but games like that have been few and far between so he gets a pass from me. Still think not picking up a good vet backup is going to be an issue for us.

We need Trouba Tanev and Lowry back for sure.

I think we can feast on Ekholm in the playoffs. I hate Subban. Josi is goood.

it's like Al Bundy analysing 2018 NFL running backs

Reactions: Gm0ney and HannuJ

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I don't get why so many wanted to pull Bucky. Not to say he was good but we were leading up until his worst goal(Johansen) and there was only 6 minutes left in the game. I don't recall a goalie ever being pulled that late in a tie game. Mike Keenan might have done it a couple times back in the dark ages. It's a moot point.

I also don't get the "playoff" game thing. Other than maybe the 1st period, this game did not resemble a playoff game.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
After watching the 3rd period, I have to agree. I think both teams didn't do that good of a job defending, including both Helle and Rinne.

My take on it was we weren't playing all that great, missing 2 key D-men, missing our shutdown C, but it was almost a coin flip on who could have won.

Also, read that Little and Myers weren't practicing today, and had a maintenance day. Someone surmised they could be down with a cold. If so, that explains there not-so-great play last night.

I have no doubt Helle will bounce back. And once we get Trouba, Toby, and Lowry back, we'll be in good shape.

GJETson, not-really-a-hockey professor

EDIT: Oh, and I never want to see Morrow and Chiarot as a pairing ever again. (unless it's another teams' first pairing :biglaugh:)

Myers practiced today. Enstrom & Little did not.

Little - ill
Enstrom - LBI day to day

Reactions: GJETson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad