Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You can speculate we lose but saying we would have is just your opinion. Hutch has played well enough this year and before to not make winning yesterdays game a stretch.

Oh please. Hutch sucks. Accept it. Seriously. K. Well i see how this is gonna be now on here... OMG we lost the sky is falling.. So take it easy k. Im out of here until Friday

Reactions: Jets 31

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Myers looked really bad all game last night. He is so inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like a #2 other times he looks like a #6. We really need Trouba back to limit his ice time.
sometimes eyeball-wise he looks like a #2 other times eyeballwise and statwise he looks like a #6

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Lots of angst over nothing.
One game.
The D corps other than Buff and Jomo
were PUTRID last night.
Helle didn’t have his best stuff.
I don’t get the Little criticism at all.
Just tighten it up in our zone and we should be golden.
Agree with the rest but Little and Perreault both were not good last night. Not saying that is going to continue but they were weak spots.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Especially the part where the Jets lost.
giphy.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
sometimes eyeball-wise he looks like a #2 other times eyeballwise and statwise he looks like a #6

He is wildly inconsistent. Last night he was easily one of the worst players on the ice. I lost count how many mistakes he made. Nashville's forecheck completely owned him.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Oh please. Hutch sucks. Accept it.
LOL uhhh...no. Not saying he is better than Helle but he won the last game he played, we scored 5 goals last night and had AT LEAST 2 0r 3 scored against us that were really soft. Saying Hutch could not have won had he started is simply your opinion which could be entirely inaccurate.

Reactions: GNP and Eyeseeing

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
nashville is far from being a perfect team.
but their execution and game plan are excellent. their stretch offense and forecheck were excellent.

If their execution was so good why did the Jets look so effective?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Agree with the rest but Little and Perreault both were not good last night. Not saying that is going to continue but they were weak spots.
Weren’t their best games agreed but all of our forwards I was happy with.
The first period we were a defensive tire fire and Helle kept us in it.
Nashville had lots of dangerous chances in the first.
We needed to clamp it down and could not and Helle let in 2 bad ones.
I concede nothing to the Preds, we are every bit as good.

Reactions: GNP

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
You obviously haven't read a thing I wrote. I'll clarify in point form and add a few more obvious details.

- no team has balanced TOI. That's a pipe dream that will never happen in today's NHL. With three 90 second time outs per period and special team time it just doesn't happen unless the game is a blow out.

- Maurice has never run balanced TOI Scheifele averages over 20 min/GM

- Jets were ahead 5-3

-why would Maurice abandon his matchup game at this point. Why would he abandon it at 5-4? Why would he abandon it at 5-5. Your suggestion defies logic. Coaches don't change on a whim

It's not a misdirection at all. It's truth

What does Corsi have to do with my argument?I haven't mentioned it once in this thread. And you are talking about misdirection?

Why would he abandon it? Because of what is happening on the ice. Because of the different strengths and weaknesses of the lines, and based on how the lines were doing. "No that's not possible" should not be the answer. It's too rigid otherwise.

So they are a weak corsi line, but good defensively? Is that what you are saying?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I'm not starting Hutch against the Wings because a loss would be a big set-back and a win would cloud the goalie issue. Helle needs a rest but save the rest for the road.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I know this sentiment is not popular here but Perrault has not been good for awhile. He was at his best on the fourth line playing against weaker players. Maybe coach can revisit that somehow.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Think about the fact that we went toe to toe with the sc finalist and how it could have gone the other way that's amazing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
When you replace Charoit with Enstrom and Morrow with Trouba just the subtraction makes this a better team . Myers can't have big minutes unless he is paired with Morrissey , this is certain . Having Lowry back is going to be huge , we need him checking the other teams #1 line .

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Why would he abandon it? Because of what is happening on the ice. Because of the different strengths and weaknesses of the lines, and based on how the lines were doing. "No that's not possible" should not be the answer. It's too rigid otherwise.

So they are a weak corsi line, but good defensively? Is that what you are saying?

Why the heck are you talking about Corsi for with me?

I'm talking about coaching. Read my posts. They tell you exactly why he won't abandon it. No coach in the NHL would abandon it. You play your best players there

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I know this sentiment is not popular here but Perrault has not been good for awhile. He was at his best on the fourth line playing against weaker players. Maybe coach can revisit that somehow.
He is a favourite for sure but I agree he has not been as effective the last while as he was. He hasn't been bad but he has settled down from his run of really strong and productive games.

Going against weaker players will provide you with better results as long as you have decent support. Jets can do that, lots of options. Sounds like Lowry is not as close to returning as we were lead to believe a week ago.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
^ BTW @grieves I disagree with how you are talking about the Scheifele line but that's no surprise. I don't care to discuss it TBH

I don't appreciate the way you have started attributing things to me that I have not stated. Please stop doing that. What are you trying to accomplish with that? I never said anything like those words you want to put in my mouth

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
LOL uhhh...no. Not saying he is better than Helle but he won the last game he played, we scored 5 goals last night and had AT LEAST 2 0r 3 scored against us that were really soft. Saying Hutch could not have won had he started is simply your opinion which could be entirely inaccurate.
So did Helly , with a shutout , no way am i starting Hutch over Helly . If Nashville got up 3 -0 or 4-1 ya you pull Helly but we were leading almost the whole game , you don't pull him when we are winning .

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Your also rarely going to have everyone going at the same time. Perrault was on fire earlier when we has a number of players fighting the puck. Now he has cooled off but Laine and Ehlers are really going and have picked up the slack. Its why you can't be a one line team anymore.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
So did Helly , with a shutout , no way am i starting Hutch over Helly . If Nashville got up 3 -0 or 4-1 ya you pull Helly but we were leading almost the whole game , you don't pull him when we are winning .
Your post in reply to me saying the statement that Hutch in last night could have been a win doesn't fit. My point was that it is more than possible that Hutch could have started and won, and he could have. Hutch starting a game the Jets score 5 goals is not an automatic loss which was what the post I replied to stated. That was 100% incorrect.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I thought they played a little too hectic, I wouldn't say panicky but it looked like they turned over a lot of pucks and missed a few assignments by trying to play at such a frenetic pace, especially in the 1st and 3rd. It's definitely where they missed Enstrom and Trouba, they do a good job of settling the play down, along with Buff and Morrissey. Myers and Kuli can't keep up at that pace for that many minutes, never mind Chiatot and Morrow.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Not much discussion yet on how much Stastny potentially offers to our PP . Wow, a really smart left hand shooter that can play down low so well. The opportunity for Wheeler (as qb) to now generate an attack on net is mindnumbing . Won`t describe all the attack options open, but Stas clearly can now work with Wheeler/Scheif to generate scoring from the slot and general "strong side". Just having this "strong side" attack should cause the entire defensive structure to collapse lower to the net, and really open up opportunity for the one-timer to Laine in his office ( especially if Buff cooperates as well).... Methinks we can look forward to great things here. AND, think about how a killer PP potentially forces the other team to play differently than they might otherwise. A killer PP is much more effective than a goon or two in disuading teams from going over the line with physicality and/or other intimidation tactics!

All good points including the intimidation-by-PP. Once they work on the PP a bit, it looks like there would be almost no defending it completely, except if Buff has trouble hitting the net :)

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
sheifele 22 min
wheelesr 22 min
laine 14 min

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes sheifele/wheelesr doubleshifting....takening shifts 2 times Before laines line came in.

i suspect THIS coach even next season doing this thing. he is playing sheifele with wheelesr and playing them to up to 25 min games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS KILLING TEAM SPIRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAINES IS THIS TEAM HE MUST BE PLAYING THIS MINITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS LAINE EHLESR STSTNY HAVING 1ST LINE MINITS. STASTNY ALSO CAN WIN FACEOFF. SHEIFELE ALSO WEAK AT THIS AND STILL WANTING AND GIVEN IMPORTANT FACEOFFBATTLES HE NEVER WON.

IS THIS SHEIFELE TRAINING MORE OF IMPORTANCE THAN LAINES TRAINING AT IMPORTANT GAMES?????????????????

ALSO LAINE MUST START FROM NOW PLAYING WHOLE PP+S. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE STILL THAT THE PLAYERS PASS PUCKS TO LAINE. TOO OFTEN HAPPENING. IT IS SILLY WHEELESR LETTED TO PLAYMAKE TOO MUCH AT PP. THERE MUST BE MORE PPLAYMAKING POSSIBILITIES. ALSO BUFF WEAK ONE HERE. HE DESTROYS PP!! TONIGHTS GAME TELL EVERYTHING. LIKE OPEN BOOK. IM SURE COACH DONT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS

avgard hockeyprofessor

first off really fun game to watch - Jets's team going to be tough in the playoffs

second - need more avgard posts.......this guy is gold!!!

Reactions: Scheifelaine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad