TV: American Horror Story Season 7 Theme Revealed

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ummmm.....this might really suck. :dunno:

from variety.com:

And the theme of “American Horror Story†Season 7 is… politics?

The show’s producer, Ryan Murphy, revealed on Wednesday night that the next installment of FX’s horror anthology will zero in on the 2016 presidential election. During an appearance on “Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen,†Murphy said that he’s pulling inspiration from the Nov. 8 election that saw now-President Donald Trump pull off a surprise victory over Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

“Well, I don’t have a title, but the season we begin shooting in June is going to be about the election that we just went through,†Murphy said. “So I think that will be interesting for a lot of people.â€

Will there be a character based on Trump? When asked the question by Cohen, Murphy played it coy, telling him, “maybe.â€

It’s already been confirmed that “AHS†veterans Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters will be returning for the next season, which, as Murphy revealed, will begin shooting in June. FX renewed “AHS†through Season 9 in January.

It’s almost surprising, given last season’s secrecy, that Murphy would make the reveal of the theme so early. For Season 6, “Roanoke,†FX whet fans’ appetites with a series of mysterious teasers, and didn’t make public the theme of that installment until its season premiere.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
And you just know people from both political parties will complain that the show is being too harsh on them. :shakehead

I fear it'll spend too much effort trying to lean one way vs. the other, rather than be completely objective.

I don't care what any type entertainment says regarding my preferred political stances, but when the product suffers because the creators just resist a real good zinger , one after the other, it becomes a task to put up with. Hopefully that won't be the case here. Based on the show's history I'd like to think we're safe, but you never know. Time will tell, I'll certainly give it a fair shot.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So... the payoff is that Trump wins and nukes everyone??? Pretty spooky

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
With almost absolutely nothing to go on aside from it having something to do with politics, you have concluded it could really suck? Okay. There is a million different ways they can go from that that backstory.

And lets be honest, this show has went downhill since season 2 and has yet to figure out the winning formula again since then.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, this show has been on a steady decline since the first two seasons. Whenever it looks like they're putting a good season together they do something really stupid, rush stories, or do some other stupid stuff that makes people really confused.

I bet a heavy dose of aliens is involved in season seven with that theme though, just cause lmao.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Like many people said, this show lost it's magic after Season 2.

Season 3 was unwatchable, S4 was Ok but I ended up giving up on it. Didnt even bother with the most recent seasons but I plan on eventually watching them anyway.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ugh - it's getting worse. Lena Dunham is joining the cast. :rant:

from cnn.com:

Lena Dunham will be one of the "Girls" to watch in the next season of "American Horror Story."

The show's creator, Ryan Murphy, tweeted on Wednesday night that Dunham will be joining the FX anthology in season 7, which will air this fall.

Dunham, who is fresh off her stint as star and show creator of the HBO series "Girls," joins a cast that includes Sarah Paulson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner and Cheyenne Jackson.

No details yet on Dunham's character, though Murphy has hinted that there may be news coming at Thursday's Comic-Con in San Diego.

During an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen in February, Ryan said the new season would take on the last presidential election.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Ugh - it's getting worse. Lena Dunham is joining the cast. :rant:

from cnn.com:

Lena Dunham will be one of the "Girls" to watch in the next season of "American Horror Story."

The show's creator, Ryan Murphy, tweeted on Wednesday night that Dunham will be joining the FX anthology in season 7, which will air this fall.

Dunham, who is fresh off her stint as star and show creator of the HBO series "Girls," joins a cast that includes Sarah Paulson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner and Cheyenne Jackson.

No details yet on Dunham's character, though Murphy has hinted that there may be news coming at Thursday's Comic-Con in San Diego.

During an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen in February, Ryan said the new season would take on the last presidential election.

Rumor is she's only in one episode and gets killed. This season will be terrifying for anyone who hates clowns though...AHS Cult

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Another thread getting no traffic. Premier was fairly solid with a lot of intrigue.

I want to know what was behind that locked door.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was surprised no one posted in here last night. I watched the premiere and I enjoyed it. I hope they don't go too overboard were certain things and ruin the season like they've done recently, though.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I was surprised no one posted in here last night. I watched the premiere and I enjoyed it. I hope they don't go too overboard were certain things and ruin the season like they've done recently, though.

I hope you are right. Just from the first episode, Sara Paulson and here over the top antics with all her phobias was getting on my nerves. Hopefully they sort that out with her taking her meds.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hope you are right. Just from the first episode, Sara Paulson and here over the top antics with all her phobias was getting on my nerves. Hopefully they sort that out with her taking her meds.

yeah that was unbearable. Her character last season was annoying and it's already starting off poorly for her character. She better get on her meds.

On the other hand, Evan Peters' character made me laugh. That hair is ridiculous.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
yeah that was unbearable. Her character last season was annoying and it's already starting off poorly for her character. She better get on her meds.

On the other hand, Evan Peters' character made me laugh. That hair is ridiculous.

Another thing was the over use of clowns. Between this and Pennywise, the market is kind of saturated right now. I love penny wise so I have no problem with him. All the clowns in AHS have no character or personality yet, so I'm undecided. I'm guessing they are the cult this show is based on though???

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Another thing was the over use of clowns. Between this and Pennywise, the market is kind of saturated right now. I love penny wise so I have no problem with him. All the clowns in AHS have no character or personality yet, so I'm undecided. I'm guessing they are the cult this show is based on though???

I don't really have a problem with them since I think they're all just imaginative and Paulson's character and the kid are both nuts and seeing killer clowns. It kind of reminds me of Asylum with that alien layer to the story which was weird. I think the main story of the season is going to be the divide in America and the cult-like mentalities the extreme right and left have to their beliefs with the clowns playing a secondary part.

I legit thought the the killer clowns would have been real but after the murder-suicide comment by the cop I guess the point is that Paulson's character is crazy and the kid is super deep into his comics. But it's just episode one. :dunno:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Lots of annoying stuff in that one...

What is the fascination with this show and having characters "discover" others having sex standing up?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah Paulson's character might get annoying FAST.

I thought it was a good start but the last few seasons have started "good" and turned into a cluster **** of random events.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad