TV: American Horror Story Season 7 Theme Revealed

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, on one end you have Sarah Paulson whose character is annoying as all hell, but on the other end you have Evan Peters arguably having his best performance in the series — although I also really enjoyed him in Hotel, too. Evan has never really had a bad performance on this show now that I think about it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Peters is clearly in the star role this season, usually held by Jessica Lange..he is not disappointing.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This season has been one of the best. Started out not so great, but it's gotten a lot better.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Sorry, not meant to be a spoiler but there as suppose to be some sort of school shooting scene in tomorrows ep but it has since been REMOVED due to the Vegas shooting. However it will still be available through on demand platforms.

It's on a bunch of major news websites already.

FX network is making what it calls "substantial edits" to tone down the gun violence in a scene set to air during Tuesday's episode of "American Horror Story."

The network said Monday it would substitute the edited version of that opening sequence "in light of the tragedy last week in Las Vegas."

The scene, filmed two months ago, portrays an occurrence of gun violence that, in the network's words, "has sadly become all too common in our country." FX said some viewers might have found it traumatic.

While only the edited version will air on the linear channel, FX said the unedited version will be available through its on-demand platforms.

Now in its seventh season, "American Horror Story" regularly lives up to its name with ghoulish and violent displays.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-violence-scene-after-las-vegas-shooting.html

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was surprisingly okay with the nail gun scene.

The gimp falling with all those needles in him and tearing him apart kind of made me not feel so good though.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I just realized that this season is the first without any supernatural elements. I was thinking I forgot Freakshow, but even that had ghosts.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The nail gun scene was enough for me... bleeeehhhhh

The gimp thing was wince-inducing, but I didn't make any grotesque faces because of it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Gimp scene was hard to watch for me, the nail gun was fine.

I also enjoyed last nights episode, it was all part of the plan!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Good twist even though it was pretty obvious ("nearly dead" in a hole, but no injuries depicted; cult not chasing her much when they easily could; and the kickers where she left the shrink's office and the assassination attempt by shooting his leg.) Still a better episode than some earlier ones.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good twist even though it was pretty obvious ("nearly dead" in a hole, but no injuries depicted; cult not chasing her much when they easily could; and the kickers where she left the shrink's office and the assassination attempt by shooting his leg.) Still a better episode than some earlier ones.

Another great ep..they had me fooled the whole time. I watched the Amazon version of it so I wouldn't get the Active Shooter scene deleted...I can't imagine it was anywhere near as good without those scenes.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Another great ep..they had me fooled the whole time. I watched the Amazon version of it so I wouldn't get the Active Shooter scene deleted...I can't imagine it was anywhere near as good without those scenes.

We just watched the edited version (lazy) but looked it up later. That was a great scene, but I think I'd have been more suspect throughout the whole show about the ruse to set up whats-her-face than I was already.

I wasn't going to look it up but I'd seen around that it was a school shooting scene which was deleted. I couldn't imagine where the hell that would fit in, so I had to see. Now I see that was incorrectly reported and it all makes sense =P

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I watched the initial shooter scene online (the one at the beginning of the episode), but if there was another extended scene, I missed that. I watched the edited version after that.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I watched the initial shooter scene online (the one at the beginning of the episode), but if there was another extended scene, I missed that. I watched the edited version after that.

Ya they replayed that scene later on..showing who the real shooter was and what went down in their eyes.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm shocked that we're now officially more than half way through the season and Murphy has held off on derailing it to the point where it becomes unwatchable and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They're finally on course to have a good season from start-to-finish for the first time since Murder House, imo.

Kai Anderson is also the best character the show has ever produced, imo, unless I'm forgetting someone. Evan Peters is absolutely phenomenal this season.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, that is Lena Dunham as Valerie Solanas in this episode. Wow. That's actually a pretty good likeness.

My daughter watched Girls, and last year my wife got the first few episodes on a free preview with our cable. She watched about ten minutes of the first episode, turned to me and said: "We're too old for this shit." then turned it off.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->