All Western Conference series are 2-0. Who’s coming back and who’s not?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
As a Predators fan, the Avs made it interesting during both games in Nashville. I am concerned about the next two games in Denver!

I think the Avs have a better chance to take a game or two in Denver, but it's going to take a catastrophic collapse by the Preds for the Avs to win the series.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I don't think any of these teams is coming back. The Wild have been completely dominated in almost every facet of the game. I honestly think they get swept. The Avs just can't match up with the Preds but at least they can score.

The ducks have shown they can come back after giving up the first two home games but I doubt the sharks will let up and let them back in. The team with the best chance is the Kings. Quick is in God mode and if the Kings just play okay, they have a chance to come back. Assuming quick continues to play this way though. I wouldn't put money on the Kings stepping up though.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not sure if the Jinx post is strong enough, but thanks for the effort :)

I don't believe in jinxes or anything but if I did I would be saying the same exact thing. I'm rooting for LA in this series but they're done.

When is the last time you saw a team get completely and utterly dominated in games 1 and 2 of a playoff series (Think in terms of flow of play, not necessarily pure goals for and goals against), along with losing both games, and not lose that series?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
When is the last time you saw a team get completely and utterly dominated in games 1 and 2 of a playoff series (Think in terms of flow of play, not necessarily pure goals for and goals against), along with losing both games, and not lose that series?
Well Kings-Blues in 2013. Probably a lot more.

This is not how it works anyway.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
I don't believe in jinxes or anything but if I did I would be saying the same exact thing. I'm rooting for LA in this series but they're done.

Kings in 2013 against the blues and 2014 against the sharks.

Next!

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
6 of 7 series have reached 2-0 and it could be 7 of 8 if Columbus wins today. And of all teams, the Flyers were the ones to tie it after the awful Game 1. Kudos to them. Is this normal? I feel like in most years, many of the series are tied 1-1 after 2.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well Kings-Blues in 2013. Probably a lot more.

This is not how it works anyway.

Kings in 2013 against the blues and 2014 against the sharks.

Next!

Kings 5v5 against Vegas through games 1 and 2 - 100 CF, 145 CA (40.81 CF%)

Kings 5v5 against San Jose through games 1 and 2 - 100 CF, 92 CA (52.01 CF%)

Kings 5v5 against St. Louis through games 1 and 2 - 85 CF, 99 CA (46.20 CF%)

Next!

Reactions: Phu

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018

Next!
You made a false statement, were proved wrong and replied by changing the topic lol. Your shtick is played. Shark fans all high and mighty 2 games into the playoffs lol.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Next!
yes and thats why stats dont always tell the whole story.

Its no coincidence that someone else exactly says Blues Kings too.

Thats the eye test, just like I was not impressed with Vegas.

I doubt you root for the Kings because you are always negative about them.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You made a false statement, were proved wrong and replied by changing the topic lol. Your shtick is played. Shark fans all high and mighty 2 games into the playoffs lol.

What are you talking about? I'm rooting for the Kings in this series, but they're done. I hope that I'm wrong, but this series has NOT gone like the 2014 Kings-Sharks or the 2013 Kings-Blues series at all. The numbers I posted show that Vegas has had a different level of domination than either of the other two teams had - the numbers actually don't say as much, IMO, as what I saw from the games (I watched all 6 of them, the 2 in San Jose live) which showed that LA would probably still have a chance to come back in the prior two series. How did I change the topic? The topic is about which of the teams down 2-0 have a chance to come back, and Los Angeles is one of those teams.

In the Vegas series, LA has shown me nothing that says they have any chance to win 4 games before they lose another 2. Again, I hope they win, but they have not shown me anything in the first two games that says they have a chance to. They haven't controlled play 5v5 for any segment of either games and the numbers that I posted are merely a strong defense of my eye test.

Reactions: Phu

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What are you talking about? I'm rooting for the Kings in this series, but they're done. I hope that I'm wrong, but this series has NOT gone like the 2014 Kings-Sharks or the 2013 Kings-Blues series at all. The numbers I posted show that Vegas has had a different level of domination than either of the other two teams had - the numbers actually don't say as much, IMO, as what I saw from the games (I watched all 6 of them, the 2 in San Jose live) which showed that LA would probably still have a chance to come back in the prior two series. How did I change the topic? The topic is about which of the teams down 2-0 have a chance to come back, and Los Angeles is one of those teams.

In the Vegas series, LA has shown me nothing that says they have any chance to win 4 games before they lose another 2. Again, I hope they win, but they have not shown me anything in the first two games that says they have a chance to. They haven't controlled play 5v5 for any segment of either games and the numbers that I posted are merely a strong defense of my eye test.

They're getting arguably one of the top pairings in the game back tonight in Doughty-Muzzin.

Look at those stats above--In game 1, with Drew, they were 60% CF, no other dman off his paring was better than 35%. You saw that carry over to game 2. Getting him AND the shot generating machine Muzzin in is huge.

Everyone looking at game 2, a game with no Doughty OR Muzzin, and extrapolating THAT to everything, is the one making a mistake. I'm not saying a win is a certainty by any means, but most Kings fans were willing to admit Game 2 was a longshot at best with that garbage lineup, yet so many people seem to think that was the regular Kings. You're our rival, when have you EVER seen Martinez on the top pairing, never mind as the #1?

Drew is everything to the Kings but instead of seeing that (not you, you get it) most people just call the Kings garbage because they don't think Drew has that much of an effect.

Reactions: snowkiddin

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They're getting arguably one of the top pairings in the game back tonight in Doughty-Muzzin.

Look at those stats above--In game 1, with Drew, they were 60% CF, no other dman off his paring was better than 35%. You saw that carry over to game 2. Getting him AND the shot generating machine Muzzin in is huge.

Everyone looking at game 2, a game with no Doughty OR Muzzin, and extrapolating THAT to everything, is the one making a mistake. I'm not saying it's a certainty by any means, but most Kings fans were willing to admit Game 2 was a longshot at best with that garbage lineup, yet so many people seem to think that was the regular Kings. You're our rival, when have you EVER seen Martinez on the top pairing, never mind as the #1?

Drew is everything to the Kings but instead of seeing that (not you, you get it) most people just call the Kings garbage because they don't think Drew has that much of an effect.

Is Muzzin confirmed for game 3? The team as a whole was still outplayed in game 1 by quite a bit, but looking at the numbers, it definitely wasn't as bad as game 2.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Muzzin confirmed for game 3? The team as a whole was still outplayed in game 1 by quite a bit, but looking at the numbers, it definitely wasn't as bad as game 2.

Muzzin says yeah, Stevens says questionable. Good luck keeping a hockey player rearing to go out of the lineup eh?

Stark difference between game 1 and game 2 yeah, and we're ADDING Muzzin for Game 3 (while subtracting Gravel, who was on for both VGK goals despite being on the rink for less time than our Top 4 are in any normal game).

This isn't bravado, I know we're in deep, but the Kings aren't a deep enough team to weather any lineup subtraction, never mind the three major ones in Doughty, Muzzin, Forbort. Our #9 d-man got taken to the woodshed.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They have been good and consistent all year.

Thats why it cracks me up to see virtually everyone pick the ducks to win and fully expect the sharks to choke.

This sharks team is not the same as 2009 and 2014.

This Ducks team is not anywhere near the 2014 Kings team, not even remotely on the same level. People vastly overrated the Ducks going into this series, making them the clear favorite, and I have no idea why.

Reactions: Phu and Frosty415

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
From what I have seen, the most competitive series thus far has been Nashville/Colorado. If CO can tighten up on the dumb penalties they can give Nashville a run.

The LA/VGK series has been interesting as LA has been thoroughly outplayed although only narrowly outscored.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
cite your evidence for this statement.
Sharks of a long history in the salary cap era of losin playoff series as heavy favourites. With this core they’re one of 4 teams ever to blow a 3-0 series lead. Ducks just came back from a 2-0 deficit in last years playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad