All Western Conference series are 2-0. Who’s coming back and who’s not?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Saying they could have won that game is like saying a game that lost 0-5 would have won if they scored on an early Chance because everything would have gone another way. Of course it is possible. Leafs should have won tonight. They scored 3 goals, if only the Bruins missed 5 more chances instead of scoring the would have won

They had 30 shots on goal each game. Vegas was the better team but when the score is that close, all it takes is one shot. FWIW I don’t think they’re gonna come back but they have the best chance out of the four IMO

BerlinBlueShirt

Feb 25, 2016
Berlin, Germany
They had 30 shots on goal each game. Vegas was the better team but when the score is that close, all it takes is one shot. FWIW I don’t think they’re gonna come back but they have the best chance out of the four IMO
Maybe they will come, we will see. Anyway 30 shots in a game of nearly 5 periods equals like 20 shots in a game without OT. Sounds less impressive, does it?

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Maybe they will come, we will see. Anyway 30 shots in a game of nearly 5 periods equals like 20 shots in a game without OT. Sounds less impressive, does it?

Sure. They actually outshot Vegas in Game 1 too. Fact is, they still managed to be close on the scoreboard despite being badly outplayed. Doesn’t mean they won’t get completely blown out in game 3 though. We will have to see. Personally, I would like 7 games because I don’t care which team wins and that gives up more hockey, but I doubt that will happen.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Saying they could have won that game is like saying a game that lost 0-5 would have won if they scored on an early Chance because everything would have gone another way. Of course it is possible. Leafs should have won tonight. They scored 3 goals, if only the Bruins missed 5 more chances instead of scoring the would have won

Yeah, it's not the same at all. Youre taking a one goal game and equating it to 2 types of blowouts. The other team scoring a goal in OT to send you home is not even close to, "if we scored first we wouldn't have lost 5-0"... the only thing those two scenarios have in common in that you lost.

Nice strawman though

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
LA, but can they score? I'm honestly a bit surprised with Vegas, I guess I underestimated them as a regular season anomaly but the Kings just haven't done enough on offense.

Anaheim is the other, seems like that's a series that could break either way but a 2-game hole is always tough to break out of.

The other two series are basically over. The better team has a commanding lead, period.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I have a feeling that the Wild might actually not go down as easily as it seems...

The way some Jets fans are jinxing it scares me.

I don’t think the Jets will ease off the gas pedal or the hockey puck will suddenly bounce favourably for the Wild because some mystical spirit senses that JetsFan69 from HF Boards thinks the Wild will be swept in a laugher.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hard to get those bounces if you don't get to the offensive zone in the first place.

Game 2 was the game we expected with no Doughty, Muzzin, Forbort--hold on to your butts, pray for 2012 Quick, hope to get a bounce. Game 1 was much, much closer.

How should they have won game 2 without even shooting on goal? The only other direction that game could have gone is something like 6-1 Knights

Yet despite all that, Kopitar had a look right in the slot early in overtime that could have nailed it.

It can look terrible on the stats/advanced stats but if you're within one or tied in overtime all it takes is one break.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild are for sure coming back.
giphy.gif

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
None of them are coming back

For those saying LA, they have been garbage

But the games are close, Kings like to play those 2-1 kind of games.
And they are getting 2 or the missing top 4 D back for game 3. So the thought is they will limit Vegas shots a bit more.

Obviously they need to get a couple of wins, because all those hit Kings are laying should start taking effect late in series. Problem is for Kings they need to figure out a way to win a couple to get it there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad