All Western Conference series are 2-0. Who’s coming back and who’s not?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can see the Ducks storming back into the series, tying it at 3-3 and losing Game 7 on the home ice that they fought so hard to get. Few things would be more Ducks than that.

Everyone looking at game 2, a game with no Doughty OR Muzzin, and extrapolating THAT to everything, is the one making a mistake.

People aren't extrapolating purely from Game 2. They're extrapolating from both games. In Game 1, the Kings had Doughty and lost by the same deficit that they lost Game 2. There were many other things that were similar in the two games, such as Kopitar not being very good, Carter being dominated in the faceoff circle, Toffoli not being dangerous enough and the bottom lines posing no threat whatsoever. Those can't be dismissed because Doughty was out for one of the games. It's fair to view them as patterns established over two games and expect some or all of them to continue into Game 3.

Drew is everything to the Kings but instead of seeing that (not you, you get it) most people just call the Kings garbage because they don't think Drew has that much of an effect.

It seems to me that you're using Doughty's absence as, no offense, an excuse to completely disregard Game 2 and if people criticize the Kings for it, anyways, then they just don't see how important Doughty is to them. Everyone is well aware of how important Doughty is to them. I think that, if anything, some are calling the Kings "garbage" because it's apparent that he's everything to them. If one player is that important that you completely fall apart without him, then it's a sign that you're not very good.

Last edited:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I don't believe in jinxes or anything but if I did I would be saying the same exact thing. I'm rooting for LA in this series but they're done.

When is the last time you saw a team get completely and utterly dominated in games 1 and 2 of a playoff series (Think in terms of flow of play, not necessarily pure goals for and goals against), along with losing both games, and not lose that series?
Kings Sharks 2014 Kings were destroyed and dominated, not just on the score board, it was men against boys those first 2 games. It seemed like the Kings were in their Zone 45 minutes a game.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Kings are probably the only team that has a chance in my opinion, I still don't have faith in Fleury's mental toughness to recover if the kings break out offensively for one game.

I'd say the Ducks as well if they lost their away games, but losing both games at home is hard to come back from

Reactions: SharkPack

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I was at those games and that's just not accurate.

Will agree to disagree Sharks took foot of gas game 1 after destroying LA for 2 periods. Game 2 Kings scored a couple then got smoked and outshot by a big number.

At the end of the day Kings were owned those 2 games. They had zero opportunity win by the start of 3rd period. Unlike This series.

This time there is no Justin Williams bring the Kings back though

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I don't believe in jinxes or anything but if I did I would be saying the same exact thing. I'm rooting for LA in this series but they're done.

When is the last time you saw a team get completely and utterly dominated in games 1 and 2 of a playoff series (Think in terms of flow of play, not necessarily pure goals for and goals against), along with losing both games, and not lose that series?

That Hawks/Blues series maybe 3-4 years ago. The Blues I think tied both games in the final minute and won in OT but they literally dominated the hawks all over. Then the Hawks won 4 straight

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Kings 5v5 against Vegas through games 1 and 2 - 100 CF, 145 CA (40.81 CF%)

Kings 5v5 against San Jose through games 1 and 2 - 100 CF, 92 CA (52.01 CF%)

Kings 5v5 against St. Louis through games 1 and 2 - 85 CF, 99 CA (46.20 CF%)

Next!
So they were dominated by St. Louis and still came back?

I feel like thematically I should say next here

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So they were dominated by St. Louis and still came back?

I feel like thematically I should say next here

Not to the same degree that they were dominated by Vegas, no. Not even close. And what I asked for was what team had reversed a 2-0 deficit to win a series after being dominated in the first two games the way that LA has been in this series.

@racoon Jesus made a great point that LA will be getting their top pairing back, and that will make a big difference. And while they did have a better CF% with Doughty in game 1, I still felt they were dominated as a whole in that game - it was depressing to watch it while rooting for LA.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Sharks of a long history in the salary cap era of losin playoff series as heavy favourites. With this core they’re one of 4 teams ever to blow a 3-0 series lead. Ducks just came back from a 2-0 deficit in last years playoffs.

Literally none of this applies to the current situation other than the last item.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Literally none of this applies to the current situation other than the last item.
Of course it does. Sharks haven’t changed that much since 2014. The current core Pavelski, Vlassic, Burns, Couture, Thornton were all on that team.

SharkPack

May 10, 2006
Half Moon Bay, CA
Of course it does. Sharks haven’t changed that much since 2014. The current core Pavelski, Vlassic, Burns, Couture, Thornton were all on that team.

The 2014 team was driven by Thornton and Marleau. Patty is gone and Joe isn't playing. The 2014 roster lacked speed and goal-tending was inconsistent at best. All of those factors have changed.

What the Sharks are showing now is a fast, disciplined team, playing with a high level of effort and confidence. I think a lot of the people picking the Ducks to come back don't realize that the Quacks lost the first 2 games on their home ice.

This Sharks team will not let the Ducks win this series.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
This is just too wrong to even bother addressing.

Told ya.
Now I can't give you nothin' but advice
Cause you're still young
That's right, you're still young
I hope you learn a valuable lesson from all this.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Worst first round in decades. Every series looking to end in 4-5 games.

Only TOR/BOS and CLB/WAS has potential to go 7.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah unless Toronto or Washington win tonight, we won't have a single series that's tied after 4 games.

Can't remember a more lopsided first round.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah unless Toronto or Washington win tonight, we won't have a single series that's tied after 4 games.

Can't remember a more lopsided first round.

Which is weird, because coming into the playoffs I thought there were going to be a bunch of competitive series. I struggled with a few of the series.

Anaheim and LA really disappointed (though at least every game in Kings series was a close one). New Jersey hasn't been good either. And each game in the Pittsburgh series has essentially been over halfway through the game.

Toronto - Boston
Columbus - Washington
Nashville - Colorado

Have been the only close series thus far (despite Colorado being down 3-1).

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Which is weird, because coming into the playoffs I thought there were going to be a bunch of competitive series. I struggled with a few of the series.

Anaheim and LA really disappointed (though at least every game in Kings series was a close one). New Jersey hasn't been good either. And each game in the Pittsburgh series has essentially been over halfway through the game.

Toronto - Boston
Columbus - Washington
Nashville - Colorado

Have been the only close series thus far (despite Colorado being down 3-1).

I was surprised to see Nashville have such an easy time yesterday, thought for sure Colorado was back in it.

Doubt the series goes past Game 5 now.

As for tonight, I see Columbus getting the stranglehold, and Toronto juuuuust barely eking out a win to make it 2-2. One tied series, out of eight. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad