All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I havn't been on the computer for more than 2 minute sin the last 2 days, sorry guys. Next time for sure. These voting deadlines happen way quicker than I expect.

As for the series' in my division, write-ups due tomorrow evening.

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
just 14?

voting should be mandatory for participation in the next all-time draft

with so many people interested in the draft, it'd be a fair way of deciding who can be g.m.

those who don't vote can be an assistant g.m., head g.m.s willing

the next round we should have full participation. let's make voting mandatory (unless notice of unavailablity is given). anyone second this idea?

Agreed !

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I had no time at all to look at the other matchup: I'm battling with a crazy flu lately :(. I would feel bad giving results without looking closely at the teams and reading each threads. If my any means we can give our results by midnight tomorrow, I will do it. If not, well I'm sorry but I'm gonna give results only on the next round.

I think this is a good reason not to vote. It would be nice to have more votes, but I think having 14 votes from GMs who research players in the match-ups and read the threads is a lot better than getting an extra 10 votes from GMs that just take a quick look at both rosters and pick. That would just make the results worse.

I don't think voting should be mandatory when you have this situation or LL having a baby, but I agree it's kind of sour when gms just disappear. At least leave a post saying you were too busy this week or something.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
so is voting over?
you're a bit early for the next round of voting :) another day of story/results, followed by two to three days of next round analysis/discussion, followed by next round voting, puts us as voting somewhere next thursday/friday/saturday probably.

check back in a couple of days

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We'll give tomorrow to get the rest of the results published, and get the Divisional Finals threads up on Tueday at some point. We can have a few days of discussion and lets have the voting end for the Divsional Finals next Saturday.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
We'll give tomorrow to get the rest of the results published, and get the Divisional Finals threads up on Tueday at some point. We can have a few days of discussion and lets have the voting end for the Divsional Finals next Saturday.

I'll have the Trail-Edmonton series wrapped up at some point tommorow

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Sorry for the quick job. My day turned very sour at the end, so I just did a rush job for the finish. (Fortunatly, things worked out ok and I found my glasses in the middle of the sidewalk...)

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We have the divisional Finals threads posted. Let's get them stickied today and get some quality discussion going in the threads, and have all votes into me by Saturday morning 9 am est.

There is absolutely no reason for us not to have at least 21 votes (75%) for the divisional finals. If you're going away for he weekend get your votes in before you leave.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Since JFF's team is still in contention and we have a lot of GMs who are out, shouldn't we have someone else tally votes?

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
So VanIslander does all the tallying, who's doing the writeup?

I'm certainly willing to give that job up if there'e enough volunteers.

I think GBG would be good at it...........;)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
So VanIslander does all the tallying, who's doing the writeup?

I'm certainly willing to give that job up if there'e enough volunteers.

I think GBG would be good at it...........;)
I'd love to do write-ups (hey, it comes naturally to me), but I'm in the midst of three straight 60-hour work weeks, plus I have two family members who will be in the area through late June, I'm volunteering for a lobster supper Friday night that will have 600 people in attendance, and I'm participating in a Relay for Life next Friday. So I'm busy enough as it is over the next two weeks. Maybe if it slows down a bit for the final, I could do it, but someone like yourself or Nalyd or the other guys who have done write-ups in the first few rounds should be rewarded with a chance to do them.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Agreed, VanIslander can have first crack if he's willing to tally votes for all the match-ups.
Sure.

I'll send everyone a PM Thursday night telling them to send me the votes by saturday at 9am.

Whomever can do write-ups, indicate here on the thread and I'll have the results to you by noon saturday.

WRITE-UPS:

So Nalyd Psycho, which division do you want to write up?

Foster Hewitt Division Final - Frank the Tank
Don Cherry Division Final - Murphy
Bob Cole Division Final -
Jim Robson Division Final -

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll do the Don Cherry division, Buffalo vs Philadelphia.
k

So Nalyd Psycho, which division do you want to write up?

Foster Hewitt Division Final - Frank the Tank
Don Cherry Division Final - Murphy
Bob Cole Division Final -
Jim Robson Division Final -

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad