All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Jim Robson Division Final - Nalyd Psycho
Nalyd Psycho, I saw you around yesterday and thought you were working on the write-ups for the division.

An extension until tonight.

We can turn out attention to analyzing the other conference's final while we await this conference's second finalists to be determined.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I'm cool with just posting the results of the Clippers/Oilers series.

It's a pretty big undertaking doing the write ups and totally understandable that Nalyd doesn't have the time.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Nalyd Psycho, I saw you around yesterday and thought you were working on the write-ups for the division.

An extension until tonight.

We can turn out attention to analyzing the other conference's final while we await this conference's second finalists to be determined.

No, I'm on at school, during class, so I can't write up. I got home last night and had no internet access. If anyone can cover, please do, if not, I'll hopefully have the net up tonight.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
I'll hopefully have the net up tonight.
we can wait

in the meantime, posters can comment on the other conference's finals already set (thread is up but not yet stickied)

if everyone posts just ONE factor in the series, we'll have 20+ posts on the thread in no time!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
we can wait

in the meantime, posters can comment on the other conference's finals already set (thread is up but not yet stickied)

if everyone posts just ONE factor in the series, we'll have 20+ posts on the thread in no time!

Sure thing VanI.

This is definitely reasonable for everyone to do. One post with a few factors of the series shouldn't take more then 5 minutes.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
could someone with the power (nalyd psycho?) unsticky the divisional final threads and sticky the conference final threads?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
When is the voting due?
Ask John Flyers Fan. He's collecting votes for the conference finals.

I suspect it'll be Monday to give ample time for discussion and voting. I won't be voting until Sunday night. I suggest if there aren't at least 15 votes by Sunday that everyone be PM'd a reminder and due date extended until Tuesday. Let's get it right. This is not the time to do it quick and messy. If only 9 votes come in, that's simply not enough.

I'm willing to help out sending reminders sunday night to everyone via pm if needed.

But between now and sunday night I, VanIslander, will be travelling on a trip.

See y'all sunday. :)

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've currently received just 9 votes for the Conference Finals.

The deadline will be extended until today when I get home from work - 6 pm est.

Only two series to vote on. Let's get it done.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
I've currently received just 9 votes for the Conference Finals.
5-4? 6-3? that's simply invalid

post who's voted and let's PM the rest of the g.m.s to take the time to do it

imagine being one of the losing g.m.s in such a small voting sample, after going so far in the playoffs, I'd be pissed if that was me... at this stage it's more important to get it right than to get it over with isn't it? or is it?

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
5-4? 6-3? that's simply invalid

post who's voted and let's PM the rest of the g.m.s to take the time to do it

imagine being one of the losing g.m.s in such a small voting sample, after going so far in the playoffs, I'd be pissed if that was me... at this stage it's more important to get it right than to get it over with isn't it? or is it?

I agree, personally. I'd rather it take a few more days and have it done right rather than just cutting it off now. Unless the voting was really lopsided (like 9-0), I'd feel bad whether I won or lost.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Duh, I was in a panic thinking I'm late and sent my votes to spit, didn't even hit me until now that they went to the wrong guy.

Spit, forward them on to JFF will you.......please?

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
How are we doing for votes JFF?

I guess this playoff is similar to the Stanley Cup in that once your teams eliminated, interest wanes a bit.

I am gone this weekend and won't be available for write-ups. Do we have a couple volunteers?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How are we doing for votes JFF?

I guess this playoff is similar to the Stanley Cup in that once your teams eliminated, interest wanes a bit.

I am gone this weekend and won't be available for write-ups. Do we have a couple volunteers?

I've received 15 votes. The voting will stay open until I get home from work today, approx. 6pm est.

I can do one of the write-ups if we don't have two people already slated to do so.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Notice on page 1 of this thread, in the op rules from 2007:

BASED ON WHAT THEY HAVE DONE NOT ON WHAT THEY WILL DO.

No gambling. No talk of "Gee hope my guy wins the Rocket Richard."

Reactions: The Macho Man

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Notice on page 1 of this thread, in the op rules from 2007:

BASED ON WHAT THEY HAVE DONE NOT ON WHAT THEY WILL DO.

No gambling. No talk of "Gee hope my guy wins the Rocket Richard."

Based on what they have done at what point?

At the point of drafting the player? At the start of the draft? At the end of the draft? At the start of playoffs? You really think anything accomplished between drafting a player and voting on teams should be ignored?

I look at each player and evaluate them at the time. For me, modern players add to their resumes after you draft them.

I know I drafted Doughty in 2018 assuming he would add another Norris finalist before the end of the draft.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->