All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Hmmmm...does anyone think they can handle the write-ups for the Saskatoon-Nanaimo series? I've got some good ideas for the Edmonton-Trail series, and I'm pretty pumped to do that one. I'm just not sure if I'll have the time to do the Blues-Clippers series justice.

If not, I can do it, but it just might take a little while to get done. I might need an extra day or two. If taking a little more time is ok with everyone, then I'm more than happy to do it. I just don't feel it would be right for me to do a rush-job on one of the series'.

thanks

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I'll have to see how I'm doing. Tommorow is a wash as I work then drink. But Sunday I work 'til 5 then have the evening off to write. If I can burn through my stuff, I can pitch in on Nanaimo, as I have some ideas there.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Hmmmm...does anyone think they can handle the write-ups for the Saskatoon-Nanaimo series? I've got some good ideas for the Edmonton-Trail series, and I'm pretty pumped to do that one. I'm just not sure if I'll have the time to do the Blues-Clippers series justice.

If not, I can do it, but it just might take a little while to get done. I might need an extra day or two. If taking a little more time is ok with everyone, then I'm more than happy to do it. I just don't feel it would be right for me to do a rush-job on one of the series'.

thanks

I can do it, inventory time for me at work, I need the diversion and one series I can handle.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I had no time at all to look at the other matchup: I'm battling with a crazy flu lately :(. I would feel bad giving results without looking closely at the teams and reading each threads. If my any means we can give our results by midnight tomorrow, I will do it. If not, well I'm sorry but I'm gonna give results only on the next round.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I can do it, inventory time for me at work, I need the diversion and one series I can handle.

Yeah, that sounds good, as long as it's cool with everyone else.

So I've got the Edmonton-Trail series, and you have Saskatoon-Nanaimo.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I still currently have just 14 votes in. The deadline is being extended one final time in hopes that some people come on-line during the game.

The voting will finally close the moment the puck drops for the 2nd period tonight.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
just 14?

voting should be mandatory for participation in the next all-time draft

with so many people interested in the draft, it'd be a fair way of deciding who can be g.m.

those who don't vote can be an assistant g.m., head g.m.s willing

the next round we should have full participation. let's make voting mandatory (unless notice of unavailablity is given). anyone second this idea?

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Certainly disappointing considering we've been at this 2 months or so.

Yeah, 14 is disappointing. Considering there are 8 series, that's not even all of the GM's left in the playoffs (though I know HO is on vacation).

I know people are busy as summer descends upon us, but it'd be nice if we could get most people participating.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Here are the teams I'm still waiting votes from:

New York
Boston
Miami
Adler
Detroit Falcons
Portland
Kansas City
Siberia
Vancouver
Saskatoon
Winnipeg
Montreal Canadiens
Quebec
Toronto

Puck drop of the 2nd period tonight is the cutoff.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Of the 14 GMs that haven't voted yet, only four are still in the playoffs, and one of those, HO, is on vacation. I'm in the midst of my peak time, but I still found time to vote. (You'll note that I didn't post on several series, but that might also have something to do with the yapping with Murphy).

I think Spit and pappy are the only two eliminated GMs who voted.

I do agree that there should be some sort of incentive to vote. I don't know if you can mandate it for this draft (I drew heat when I suggested it in the last draft), but for future drafts, it might make for a good determination for who gets in, and who doesn't. If you aren't willing to do the GM's work, should you be a GM?

I won't asterisk my series with Murph if he wins and only 14 GMs voted, just like I hope he won't asterisk the series when I win, but you'd hope that more than half of the GMs voted.

just 14?

voting should be mandatory for participation in the next all-time draft

with so many people interested in the draft, it'd be a fair way of deciding who can be g.m.

those who don't vote can be an assistant g.m., head g.m.s willing

the next round we should have full participation. let's make voting mandatory (unless notice of unavailablity is given). anyone second this idea?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Of the 14 GMs that haven't voted yet, only four are still in the playoffs
The votes of g.m.s of eliminated teams are even more valuable because they don't have a vested interest in (are more objective about) the results.

I do agree that there should be some sort of incentive to vote... for future drafts, it might make for a good determination for who gets in, and who doesn't.
Yeah. Perhaps those who don't vote could get offers to be assistant g.m.s.

We're getting enough interest - and it helps the the flow of the draft - to have co-g.m.s of teams.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Voting has been closed. We did get up to 16 votes.

Let's set a goal of at least 21 votes for the divisional finals.

I will PM'ing the results to the writers shortly.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Frank the Tank, not only can you keep writing your excellent series stories... but you can vote (for the rounds to come)!

We agreed in the last draft that a non-g.m. poster who proved himself knowledgeable can vote. That means you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad