All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Anyone who has time shoud chime in on the playoff threads too. Considering the number of GM's in the draft, there hasn't been a lot of talk in the threads.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Foster Hewitt Division Final - Frank the Tank
Don Cherry Division Final - Murphy
Bob Cole Division Final - John Flyers Fan
Jim Robson Division Final - Nalyd Psycho

Last edited:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bob Cole Division Final -

Who is gonna write-up the Bob Cole?

I can do the Cole write up.

Also after you receive all the votes send me the entire list of voting you get for the 3 stars, so that I can add them to the running totals I have.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I just PM'd reminders to vote by saturday morning to:

LeafLander, shawnmullin, vancityluongo, pnep, bm67, raleh, hankyfourfingers, pitseleh, nalyd psycho, mxd, johnflyersfan, eaglebelfour, #66, godblesscanada, evil speaker, spitfire, frankthetank, murphy, frightenedinmate#3, pwnasaurus, evilsather. kruezer, wisent, pappyline, reckoning, lapierresports

i have votes in already from arrbez

i couldn't seem to send a PM to Zetterberg4Captain because I think he turned that capacity off somehow. if someone could email him a reminder that'd be nice and I havent been able to find a post by Brett Lebda yet to reply to: how does searching for a member work? better yet, send him a reminder for me eh?

g'night

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I can't wait to see the results of this round, with all the No.1 seeds still in it, it will be interesting to see if any of the lower seeds can pull off the upset.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I can't wait to see the results of this round, with all the No.1 seeds still in it, it will be interesting to see if any of the lower seeds can pull off the upset.

Here's a question, assuming two #1 seeds face off next round, how is home ice advantage determined?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Here's a question, assuming two #1 seeds face off next round, how is home ice advantage determined?

I have the voting results from the regular season, we could use those, although not sure that's enitrely fair as ,just because you received more votes than the other i tmay have been due to the strength/weakness of your division.

I'm planning on taking out one of the #1 seeds, though so it won't matter. :D

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I have the voting results from the regular season, we could use those, although not sure that's enitrely fair as ,just because you received more votes than the other i tmay have been due to the strength/weakness of your division.

I'm planning on taking out one of the #1 seeds, though so it won't matter. :D

Last time I used the regular season standings. It might not be perfectly fair, but in the NHL, being in a weak division helps a team win the Presidents trophy...

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Last time I used the regular season standings. It might not be perfectly fair, but in the NHL, being in a weak division helps a team win the Presidents trophy...

The standings of the remaining eight in the regular season are:

1. Nanaimo
2. Habs
3. Detroit
4. Buffalo
5. Philadelphia
6. Seattle
7. Wanderers
8. Edmonton

Last edited:

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Hi everyone, I'm back from my vacation. Northern Ontario and Quebec are beautiful at this time of year--absolutely worth a visit if you enjoy the outdoors. I was hoping to have occasional internet access during the week but none was available. I just got back today so I'll catch up on the second-round series ASAP. Sorry I didn't get a chance to vote on the matchups.

I'm glad, though a bit surprised, to see that my Habs are still around. Thanks to everyone that voted. Arrbez, congrats for the great series--too bad we didn't have a chance for more discussion. We both had some advantages, and I think you have one of the best teams ever from a rookie GM.

I'll add comments to my series (and, hopefully, the other three) during the next couple of days. Looking forward to some good discussions/debates with Laperriere.

I should also mention that on the way home, I stopped to visit my grandfather. We had a long, fascinating conversation about the Montreal Maroons. He had lots of first-hand information about the Maroons franchise and their stars, including Cy Wentworth and Hooley Smith. I'll type this up sooner or later, it's great to hear a first-hand account of an often-forgotten franchise.

Keep the votes coming! Deadline is saturday NOON your time.

Yikes, I didn't realize that the deadline was so soon. Is there any chance the deadline can be extended a few hours (maybe until 5 or 6 on Saturday?). I'd like to vote on the series but I just home about 2 hours ago and I need some time to read/analyze the series. Thanks.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Yikes, I didn't realize that the deadline was so soon. Is there any chance the deadline can be extended a few hours (maybe until 5 or 6 on Saturday?). I'd like to vote on the series but I just home about 2 hours ago and I need some time to read/analyze the series. Thanks.
The deadline is noon local time... that means noon pacific time at the latest, which is 3 p.m. eastern time... if you're in the eastern time zone then you have until 3 pm.

Those writing up stories will get the info soon after I tabulate them, to start the game coverage saturday if they can, continue sunday and finish story coverage by monday evening.

Then we can expect the conference final threads to be up by late Monday, voting for the conference finals to begin next Thursday, when the NHL Awards is on tv.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
21 votes are in so far, including pitseleh, murphy, lapierresports, johnflyers fan, pnep, kruezer, god bless canada, reckoning, arrbez, pappyline, wisent, leaflander, eaglebelfour, evil speaker, frank the tank, vancityluongo, raleh, nalyd psycho, shawnmullin, hockey outsider.

Keep the votes coming! Deadline is saturday NOON... pacific time... that's less than two hours away.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Results have been tabulated and PM'd to the writers.

Bob Cole Division Final - John Flyers Fan
Expect the stories to be written up Sunday and Monday.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Just wanted to throw out a suggestion for the next ATD. Instead of a Saturday morning deadline, have the deadline during the week instead. Just because most of us are either at work or school during the week so therefore would have more spare time on the weekends to comment on the matchups in their respective threads. But now, there's nothing to post there on the weekends because the voting is over and we're just waiting for the results.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm surprised tha three of the four series hasn't had any write-ups yet. Are they too busy on the weekend? They got the results 3 pm saturday and sunday is ending now.

Here's hoping to see the write-ups Monday!

Just wanted to throw out a suggestion for the next ATD. Instead of a Saturday morning deadline, have the deadline during the week instead. Just because most of us are either at work or school during the week so therefore would have more spare time on the weekends to comment on the matchups in their respective threads. But now, there's nothing to post there on the weekends because the voting is over and we're just waiting for the results.
good point...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3