OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
No, but I would keep him away from Marvel films going forward. At least as a director.

macho-man-randy-savage.gif

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Late to the game, and the movie definitely had its flaws, but love and thunder had the best use of guns ‘n roses since terminator 2.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If this was the first MCU movie Taika directed, would we be so harsh? I’m actually torn on this. Is it just sequel fatigue or was it a bad movie?
I enjoy the Thor sequels , haven’t seen the second one, because they don’t take themselves seriously.
It was a fun ride.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If this was the first MCU movie Taika directed, would we be so harsh? I’m actually torn on this. Is it just sequel fatigue or was it a bad movie?

I think it's all about frames. Taika doubled-down on making Thor this jokey character, when he really shouldn't be this overtly funny. It feels all seriousness has left the character.

The movie was about his estranged girlfriend dying of cancer & someone named The God Butcher - and it was like a 2 hour laugh fest. I can't understand why they went that direction...like you can keep the Zeus & Omnipotent City part, and random gags, but the whole film it felt like Thor couldn't take anything serious.

Drove me nuts upon reflection. The leap from Infinity War Thor to this is just so extreme...also, I'm extremely salty they didn't capitalize on their best actor (Christian Bale) who supposedly had a bunch of his footage left on the cutting room floor.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad