Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

MCU moving into
goldblum-quote.jpeg

Reactions: achdumeingute

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Werewolf by midnight(or whatever it’s named), moon knight, blade, and the rest of the marvel suns “should” be able to right the ship, but only if they let shit get dark. At the very least, keep it the same tone as werewolf was.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Werewolf by midnight(or whatever it’s named), moon knight, blade, and the rest of the marvel suns “should” be able to right the ship, but only if they let shit get dark. At the very least, keep it the same tone as werewolf was.
HBO canceled the "Justice League Dark" stuff. That could basically be MCU Dark... but I'm not very optimistic about the tone that the MCU will go with.

So far phase 4 and 5? Are not exciting me in the least bit
A lot of the decisions and constantly having to 'set something up for another product' is just making everything get way too tedious and lacking payoff in individual projects. At this point the only thing that might save the future of the MCU is hitting a homerun with the Fantastic Four and then introduction of Mutants/Xmen.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
HBO canceled the "Justice League Dark" stuff. That could basically be MCU Dark... but I'm not very optimistic about the tone that the MCU will go with.

A lot of the decisions and constantly having to 'set something up for another product' is just making everything get way too tedious and lacking payoff in individual projects. At this point the only thing that might save the future of the MCU is hitting a homerun with the Fantastic Four and then introduction of Mutants/Xmen.
They cancelled it? It was actually decent. WTH.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Musicals can be great if done right. The Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode might be the best in the entire series. That said, Kathryn Hahn cant sing..nor does anyone really want to see her sing lol. Honestly I dont even know why they're making an Agatha series at all. I'll give it a shot though.

Todd Philipps Joker 2 being a musical is even more ridiculous.

Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Musicals can be great if done right. The Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode might be the best in the entire series. That said, Kathryn Hahn cant sing..nor does anyone really want to see her sing lol. Honestly I dont even know why they're making an Agatha series at all. I'll give it a shot though.

Todd Philipps Joker 2 being a musical is even more ridiculous.
She sung wonderfully in step brothers

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Wait, what happened to Agatha at the end of the series? This is going to take place inside the Scarlett witches head isn’t it?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I thought Huge Ackman retired from that role
They're getting around it by this being a version of Wolverine he never played before. It won't be the Wolverine from the 2000 X-men movie universe, nor the Wolverine from the Logan movie.

Deadpool uses the watch/time travel thing from Cable to basically go around to alternate universes and runs into a version of Wolverine. This is a spoiler for the movie and some other cameos

The blue & white costume Wolverine may also appear with James Marsden, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, Patrick Stewart and Ian Mackellen appearing as Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Prof X, Magneto and in more 'comic outfit looks' from an alternate universe

Reactions: Lord Defect

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I thought Secret Invasion was ok, not great but not terrible. I mean, it’s hard for something to be terrible when it has Samual L Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in it. Emilia Clarke was good too.

The biggest problem I had with it is that it should have been the follow up to the Infinity saga. There are so many possibilities for films and supporting streaming series I think they passed up a huge opportunity.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Through four episodes, "Moon Knight" is aggressively stoopid.

It does get better. Overall I enjoyed it more than most of the series' so far, but I had just finished reading a full run of the comic from 2014. My biggest complaint is the voice work F. Murray Abraham does as Khonshu. It's too campy and not dark and ominous enough like I would hear it in my head when reading the comic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It does get better. Overall I enjoyed it more than most of the series' so far, but I had just finished reading a full run of the comic from 2014. My biggest complaint is the voice work F. Murray Abraham does as Khonshu. It's too campy and not dark and ominous enough like I would read it in my head when reading the comic.

I couldn't even get to thinking about the superhero parts with the abject trash that was everything else. It's just a complete hack job.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00