All Purpose Tickets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Good discussion here. A few thoughts/observations:

- Going to a game where there are fans from both teams passionately engaged in rooting for their side is an awesome experience. That said, I have never been on the "receiving" end of the experience, so can't comment on how fun it must be. I was at MSG for the Rangers / Habs game last week (5-1 loss for us) and there were lots of Habs fans there. Most were just having a good time, and some were genuinely funny. Not a big deal, because everyone keeps it in the right context.

- As a visiting fan, I always try to be friendly to the people around me. Yes, I am going to cheer for my team, but I also understand that its a hockey game, not a gang fight. Saying hello, chatting about the game, and heck - maybe buying them a beer goes a long way towards smoothing things over. That said, if your intent is to cause trouble and be a jerk, well, these words will be lost on you.

- Being rude and/or belligerent while drunk is moronic behavior that should not be tolerated anywhere, including a hockey arena. When I am a visiting fan and see a fellow Ranger fan behaving like that I fully support and encourage security to toss them. It gives us all a bad name and ruins the experience for everyone.

Long story short, if you're not a moron its not hard to make this work. However, as we all know, some people find it really hard not to be an imbecile.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You should come to a weekend game vs Chicago and see what is happening, Superyan. Then venture away from the Club Level and observe the behavior on the other tiers. CL is small so you just don't see how bad it can get. The games on the weekdays just don't compare.

I don't think blocking the sales is the ultimate solution, but there is definitely a problem that needs to be solved. It's not just the drinking, it's the crowd mentality that goes on. Their fans are not respectful of the home crowd or our traditions and the goal has become to be as disrespectful as possible--not simply to cheer on their team but to do so in such numbers that the home crowd is edged out. They can easily do this because they're huge markets in comparison to ours. Their goal is also to push buttons. I don't care if fans in Chicago yell during the national anthem. I don't care if Blues fans in St. Louis yell out BLUES during the anthem. If that's their thing fine, but it isn't OUR thing and it's offensive to a lot of people. Not just annoying, OFFENSIVE. You see people just bristling. You just don't do that here...and yet there they are doing it. Requests not to do so are gleefully disregarded and such offensiveness is considered a badge of honor. Honestly I see "Blues" or "Chicago" on a weekend and I just groan inside. I don't know what the solution is, other than Chicago and the Blues becoming bottom feeders again. Their fans are much more pleasant then. :)

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
You should come to a weekend game vs Chicago and see what is happening, Superyan. Then venture away from the Club Level and observe the behavior on the other tiers. CL is small so you just don't see how bad it can get. The games on the weekdays just don't compare.

I don't think blocking the sales is the ultimate solution, but there is definitely a problem that needs to be solved. It's not just the drinking, it's the crowd mentality that goes on. Their fans are not respectful of the home crowd or our traditions and the goal has become to be as disrespectful as possible--not simply to cheer on their team but to do so in such numbers that the home crowd is edged out. They can easily do this because they're huge markets in comparison to ours. Their goal is also to push buttons. I don't care if fans in Chicago yell during the national anthem. I don't care if Blues fans in St. Louis yell out BLUES during the anthem. If that's their thing fine, but it isn't OUR thing and it's offensive to a lot of people. Not just annoying, OFFENSIVE. You see people just bristling. You just don't do that here...and yet there they are doing it. Requests not to do so are gleefully disregarded and such offensiveness is considered a badge of honor. Honestly I see "Blues" or "Chicago" on a weekend and I just groan inside. I don't know what the solution is, other than Chicago and the Blues becoming bottom feeders again. Their fans are much more pleasant then. :)

This whole Chicago thing is really interesting to me. I've been to two Chicago playoff games in the past two years (including the 3 OT game vs Nashville last year), and was really surprised and disappointed in how lame their crowd was. I keep hearing about the "Madhouse on Madison" but it was not anything like what I would have expected. They cheered when the scoreboard told them to, chanted Let's Go Hawks or whatever when someone banged on a drum - and stopped when the drum stopped. It is true that the arena is loud at big moments simply because of the number of people (close to 22,000) and the size of the place (huge), but as far as organic, non prompted intensity? Meh, was really unimpressed. A lot of the folks I talked to were there because it was a cool thing to do, like "hey, Hawks games are fun - let's go!", but freely admitted that they were not really hockey fans. Not saying that's good or bad, you know, Chicago people like a good time, but it was very surprising to me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This whole Chicago thing is really interesting to me. I've been to two Chicago playoff games in the past two years (including the 3 OT game vs Nashville last year), and was really surprised and disappointed in how lame their crowd was. I keep hearing about the "Madhouse on Madison" but it was not anything like what I would have expected. They cheered when the scoreboard told them to, chanted Let's Go Hawks or whatever when someone banged on a drum - and stopped when the drum stopped. It is true that the arena is loud at big moments simply because of the number of people (close to 22,000) and the size of the place (huge), but as far as organic, non prompted intensity? Meh, was really unimpressed. A lot of the folks I talked to were there because it was a cool thing to do, like "hey, Hawks games are fun - let's go!", but freely admitted that they were not really hockey fans. Not saying that's good or bad, you know, Chicago people like a good time, but it was very surprising to me.
Home crowds are probably much more civil. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of normal Hawks fans because I know there are. For a big percentage of the Hawks fans that come here when it's a weekend game they just buy cheap flights on Southwest and party all weekend long. Right outside of our arena is 5 blocks of countless rowdy bars and nightlife spots and they camp out there all weekend, and in the case of a Saturday night game, they go out early in the day, hop from bar to bar and get absolutely wasted before even getting into the building. There's a drunken mob mentality when their fans come here. I'm not shaming anyone for enjoying their time here and going to bars and stuff because I do it too, but so many of them really have no shame. They don't care what they do or how they act. Nashville is probably the closest thing the NHL has to a New Orleans-type pre-and-post game setting and that can spell trouble when the wrong types of people are here.

We play Chicago here next Thursday and a few of my friends are Hawks fans that live here and they're taking the day off work and have been looking forward to partying all day before this game ever since the schedule came out. Whether they live here or they visit for a couple days it just seems to be what they do.

Last edited:
A big part of the chIRAQ fans and BOOZE fans entering our arena is because they are good, our city is easy to party in, and it's cheap to get here. The Dead Things fans were more civil because a lot of them lived here.

I had a chIRAQ fan knock my hat off at a game and I proceeded to take pictures of them as they were drunkenly heckling me. That stopped them real quick.

My solution is to be as drunk or more drunk than they are and to heckle them much more severely. What's the murder rate in Chicago, Blues have been around for 47 years and zero cups, and what time is your shift at the brake plant, etc.

If we need to police our own arena I am down. Just be as ****ing awful as they are and worse.

**** em. Come into our house? Play by our rules.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I have no problem with any type of ticket restrictions for chi games. If chicago fans could control themselves and act like normal human beings they wouldn't have this problem.

And hey, we're not the only team that restricts ticket sales to certain markets. It's been going on for years. Even some Canadian teams restrict sales to certain markets, they even did it this past playoff season.

I don't mind other teams fans coming to our arena, I love some of the fans of other teams (NYR are one of my favorites). But...when they act like chicago fans do, then something needs to be done. And if some local fans get effected by it, so be it.

It's not that we're not a major league enough city and need to just deal with it. It's becoming a league wide epidemic with chicago fans. A guy that sits near me is from Detroit (he's all Preds fan, no detroit at all), and said that some STH he knows in detroit won't go to games when chicago is in town because of the way they act up there in detroit.

We draw large numbers of fans from NYRangers, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Buffalo, Washington, and even LA has started to draw a larger than normal crowd. But NONE of these crowds, COMBINED, cause even a fraction of the problems that chicago crowds do. Generally when most teams fans come to town they talk with Preds fans, cheer their team, respect what we're building here, respect the people around them and have a great time.

Not chicago though, they turn over trash cans, throw food, spill beer on people and laugh about it, cuss other fans out as they are walking in the door, criticize everything about us from our team to fans to jerseys to the arena to the city itself, puke in the hallway, start fights, basically act like animals. And yes I have seen every single one of these things happen at different chicago games.

And just to be fair, a few years ago I did meet a really nice chicago fan. He recognized our situation (injuries, last place) and acknowledged chicago was not that far removed from the same situation, complimented our players, the arena, he loved the nashville crowd and was a real fan of our team and future. Him and his friends were really nice guys and nice to talk to.

I know not everyone is a bad person in the crowd, but when the majority make it an unsafe or toxic environment, they have to deal with the results.

In may case, the sole driving factor for me to get tickets was guaranteed strips to the All Star Game. I was told that the Flex Pack people don't get the same seats, but best available. Another reason is playoff strips. Why buy a plan with a playoff presale, when I can buy a few more games and have a strip.
You'll get guaranteed All-Star tickets, but they won't necessarily be in your actual STH seat. Basically if you sit on the penalty box side anywhere from 305/306-313/314 (and I assume the corresponding sections down below in club/lower bowl but maybe it's just uppers that got moved) you will get moved to the other side of the arena. I sit in 307 and got put in 325 (or 326 I can't remember) about half way up and in the middle of the row. But bascially the NHL has taken the whole side of the arena for the league and sponsors (or at least that's the party line they told us anyway). I figured my seats would be moved, but I didn't think it would be that big of a difference.

Last edited:

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Hey, guys! I may be making a trip up to Nashville with my aunt for a few days this month from 12/27-12/29 to check the city out. I've always been told it's a go-to place to visit.

If we go, we plan on catching the Titans game that Sunday and, of course, considering I'm a huge Rangers fan, see the Rangers/Predators game that Monday on the 28th. Ticket prices down low on StubHub and on the Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange are ridiculous. However, there's numerous amounts of tickets available for face value on Ticketmaster at the lower levels. Being from Florida and not in the viewing market for the Predators, I can't buy any tickets on that site.

Does anyone here have two tickets they may be opened to selling for that game?

I'll know by next week for sure that I'll be going or not.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The Preds have been slowly releasing tickets at every price point for tomorrow's game vs the Hawks.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Never saw that email until you just said that.

If that is all it is, I am not going to race to Rivergate or one of the other malls just to pick up a knitted hat. Stupid they are not doing a pickup at the arena during a game.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013

If that is all it is, I am not going to race to Rivergate or one of the other malls just to pick up a knitted hat. Stupid they are not doing a pickup at the arena during a game.

I'll go out to Cool Springs Friday, BUT only because I will be out there anyway. Something like this really should be done at a game. It's not much of a freebie/perk if we have to go somewhere out of the way (for some) to get it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Obviously the idea is to get people to go to Lids and buy something else while they're there but I find that off putting. I convinced my rep to let me pick up that jacket they distributed at Fifth Third Bank a few years ago at the arena but I had a little more lead time to work it out.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Absolutely- especially for people like me who are out of state season ticket holders. I won't be able to take advantage..

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I gave my tickets for the game tomorrow to a couple of friends because I have to work till 7. And I am less likely to get into an altercation if I am not there. :)

I've seen hawks fans troll our team FB page saying the usual redneck stuff but a few comments I saw once were really vile. Blues fans don't even stoop that low.

The latest "thing" seems to be Chicago transplants wearing their brand new hawks jerseys to Preds games when we aren't even playing the hawks. Their way of protesting our "keep the red out" efforts. There doesn't seem to be a imit to their obnoxiousness.

Last edited:

PatriotBlueTJ

Mar 28, 2015
I apologize in advance, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the rules and restrictions placed on premium games. Is it possible to transfer tickets to tonight's game to someone else?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I apologize in advance, but I'm having a hard time understanding all the rules and restrictions placed on premium games. Is it possible to transfer tickets to tonight's game to someone else?

I think you have to contact a rep to do so, or wait until the window to print tickets.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Yes. If you log into your Smashville account, you can do it at 10:00 AM local time.

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
Would any TN residents or STH be willing to pickup a pair of tickets to the NYR game for me and transfer them over to a New Yorker? Willing to workout a deal that benefits both of us.....and ill hook you up should you ever want to come to NY/BK/or NJ for a game.

PatriotBlueTJ

Mar 28, 2015
Would any TN residents or STH be willing to pickup a pair of tickets to the NYR game for me and transfer them over to a New Yorker? Willing to workout a deal that benefits both of us.....and ill hook you up should you ever want to come to NY/BK/or NJ for a game.

I've got two tickets, and I'd be willing to part with them. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the game anyway, unfortunately. They are in section 318, row E, seats 3 and 4, if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad