All Purpose Tickets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the good ole out of market ticket discussion.....this will be fun because we've never had it before!!!!!!!

File next to: does Trotz stifle offensive players or does he have offensive players to begin with?, Ryan Suter to Minny, Weber offersheet/Should we trade Weber?, David Legwand....., the 'you suck' chant, childish or awesome?, etc etc

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Ah, the good ole out of market ticket discussion.....this will be fun because we've never had it before!!!!!!!

File next to: does Trotz stifle offensive players or does he have offensive players to begin with?, Ryan Suter to Minny, Weber offersheet/Should we trade Weber?, David Legwand....., the 'you suck' chant, childish or awesome?, etc etc

OK.. I'm going to stop.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
The main problem is our fan base is becoming soft as tissue. Don't like the away fans in our arena? Buy some damn tickets and keep them out. I'm tired of hearing our own fans cry but then they don't show up and do their part to keep the other fans out. I'll never sell my ticket to a big rivalry match because there might be a large contigent of away fans. Never.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The main problem is our fan base is becoming soft as tissue. Don't like the away fans in our arena? Buy some damn tickets and keep them out. I'm tired of hearing our own fans cry but then they don't show up and do their part to keep the other fans out. I'll never sell my ticket to a big rivalry match because there might be a large contigent of away fans. Never.
You're exactly right, and you know what? This is a microcosm of the city of Nashville in general right now. We want to be a big time city but we can't deal with the problems that come with it. We want to be a city that's moving up and what are our main complaints? Traffic and high housing costs. Shocker here, but we can't have it both ways. We love the tourism dollars that our city brings in but the second that it inconveniences people it's got to change. If people show up and get wasted here then maybe we shouldn't be an attractive city to come to. Let's be Buffalo instead. (No offense to them). We have blocks of tickets still unsold for tomorrow because people "don't want to deal with Chicago fans?" Come on. It's such a minor league mindset. Until our fanhood becomes greater than our willingness to give into certain away fans than this will be an issue, outside of an insane new ticket policy we haven't seen yet.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I don't go to the Chicago games because my skin is not thick enough and my maturity level just isn't there to deal with foul mouthed drunks. This isn't normal trash talking between opposing fans, it's belligerent in your face drunken behavior. I am not jeopardizing my health and livelihood for a bunch azzhats. I do make sure my tickets go to Preds fans.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Funny I've never really had really bad experiences with Hawks fans at the Bridge. Sure plenty of drunk trash talking ones but nothing physical. I like the rivalry, it's fun. There's no excuse for not going on a weeknight because the number of them is significantly less. The weekend ones are the rowdy ones anyways and even then they are fun if you can handle yourself maturely enough.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Funny I've never really had really bad experiences with Hawks fans at the Bridge. Sure plenty of drunk trash talking ones but nothing physical. I like the rivalry, it's fun. There's no excuse for not going on a weeknight because the number of them is significantly less. The weekend ones are the rowdy ones anyways and even then they are fun if you can handle yourself maturely enough.
Couldn't agree more. I like when the Hawks are here.

Compared to my days of living out west as a Chargers fan and going to games against the Raiders, this isn't even a blip on the radar.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

This angers me! I buy my tickets. I can't buy a ticket for the entire fanbase. So basically what you are telling me to do is not buy a ticket because I do not like these games.

And for everyone who likes the trash talk nonsense, you're better than me. I bought the ticket to watch a hockey game, not get trash talked by the guy sitting next to me. If Chicago fans want buy a ticket to watch a game without having to jump through hoops, go buy a ticket to the United Center, they will gladly take their money.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I can't say much because I am a trash talking road fan as well. The Chicago fans at the Bridge do like to run their mouths but there are always a few Preds fans near them to give it right back. It makes it especially fun in games like the last one that were a complete beatdown and they head for the exits 5 minutes into the 3rd period.

PS: If you sell your tickets because you can't handle some trash talk that is very soft in my opinion. You wouldn't ever catch me selling my tickets to a UT-Bama game because there will be some drunk Bama fans around me.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013

I quit going because I was tired of how I was treated in my home arena. I do not sell my ticket or even give it away, but there is NO way I'm going just to be abused again. Call me soft if you want. There's no reason to put up with the behavior.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I quit going because I was tired of how I was treated in my home arena. I do not sell my ticket or even give it away, but there is NO way I'm going just to be abused again. Call me soft if you want. There's no reason to put up with the behavior.

So you are rolling over and letting them win? What kind of attitude is that?

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Just for the sake of voicing my opinion...

My wife and I are 1/2 STHs. We don't go to Chicago games because of the Hawks fans. I either give them to Preds fans or they go unused.

When I was in my 20s and 30s I thought was great when UT fans took over Vanderbilt's stadium (and I'm a graduate of both institutions). Now that I'm in my 40s, I have a different perspective.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not going to sit here and call certain people soft, but I'll just say this.....the game is on NBCSN tonight. If a national audience tunes in and sees a lot of empty seats (it was mentioned you can still find blocks on 10 on Ticketmaster) and they wonder "What is Nashville's problem? This is a rivalry game." and they get a response of "A lot of Preds fans don't want to deal with Blackhawks fans so they choose not to attend.", it isn't the best look for our fan base. But to each their own. I understand things can happen at these games but I guess the fact simply is our fan base isn't large enough to still take every seat when a decent portion of STHs choose not to attend this game.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
I'm not going to sit here and call certain people soft, but I'll just say this.....the game is on NBCSN tonight. If a national audience tunes in and sees a lot of empty seats (it was mentioned you can still find blocks on 10 on Ticketmaster) and they wonder "What is Nashville's problem? This is a rivalry game." and they get a response of "A lot of Preds fans don't want to deal with Blackhawks fans so they choose not to attend.", it isn't the best look for our fan base. But to each their own.

Thankfully I never learned to care much about how or what others think of me. Safety is my concern and considering I've left with bruises from this fan base, I choose to keep myself safe. The "security" sure isn't doing it for me.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Thankfully I never learned to care much about how or what others think of me. Safety is my concern and considering I've left with bruises from this fan base, I choose to keep myself safe. The "security" sure isn't doing it for me.

If you don't mind, care to elaborate on what happened?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm not going to sit here and call certain people soft, but I'll just say this.....the game is on NBCSN tonight. If a national audience tunes in and sees a lot of empty seats (it was mentioned you can still find blocks on 10 on Ticketmaster) and they wonder "What is Nashville's problem? This is a rivalry game." and they get a response of "A lot of Preds fans don't want to deal with Blackhawks fans so they choose not to attend.", it isn't the best look for our fan base. But to each their own.

I get what you're saying but not sure we have ever really cared about what other fan bases might think about us. To be honest I think this goes deeper than just being a Preds game issue. Broadway has basically evolved into near-Bourbon Street levels over the past 5 years. They've already basically been forced to expand the sidewalks by blocking off street parking. It's going to cross the tipping point once the city finally relents and allows beer in the streets. They've already basically done this on the other side of the arena. It will happen on lower Broad by 2020 if I had to guess.

I guess that's a long way of saying we're going through some rapid growing pains in Nashville and not all types of growth are good (for locals).

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is this a lower bowl issue? I've been going to games since 1998 and I rarely witness anything other than obnoxious verbal diarrhea from their fans but I sit up top. Never anything physical. I say rarely instead of never because I assume I've seen it at some point but nothing stands out to me off the top of my head. Now I do remember the one time the Preds and Sharks fans get into a fight during the game and rolled down the stairs. That was hilarious/completely stupid.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
If you don't mind, care to elaborate on what happened?

One pushed me down steps. Thankfully I caught myself and was bruised from my hip hitting the handrail. Once I was walking across the plaza when they were allowing smoking out there. Because I'm allergic (like throat closing up), I had my jersey over my nose/mouth. They grabbed me and told me to quit being a f***king coward and show my face. It's just not worth it.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
Is this a lower bowl issue? I've been going to games since 1998 and I rarely witness anything other than obnoxious verbal diarrhea from their fans but I sit up top. Never anything physical. I say rarely instead of never because I assume I've seen it at some point but nothing stands out to me off the top of my head. Now I do remember the one time the Preds and Sharks fans get into a fight during the game and rolled down the stairs. That was hilarious/completely stupid.

I sit upper bowl as well. You must be lucky to have well behaving fans near you but clearly we all haven't been so fortunate.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Hmm, I have never seen anything that bad. Usually just a lot of running of the mouth. It takes someone engaging them in trash talk to actually start a physical confrontation. I see more fights at Titans and Vols games than Preds games though. A lot more drinking going on before those games.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I was at that game and sat in that section on the opposite aisle that night.

And yes this around the entire arena. The difference of opinion here relates to the fact that some people see it like a college football rivalry game with a bunch of college frats getting hammered and going back and forth. Others see it as a bunch of grown adults acting like 15 year olds drinking for the first time who don't know how to handle their alcohol. People have different tolerance levels for this kind of stuff.

Also some people are there to actually watch the game and don't give a *(&* about the people sitting next to them, but it is hard to ignore them when they are acting that way. Others are there to socialize.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I was at that game and sat in that section on the opposite aisle that night.

And yes this around the entire arena. The difference of opinion here relates to the fact that some people see it like a college football rivalry game with a bunch of college frats getting hammered and going back and forth. Others see it as a bunch of grown adults acting like 15 year olds drinking for the first time who don't know how to handle their alcohol. People have different tolerance levels for this kind of stuff.

Also some people are there to actually watch the game and don't give a *(&* about the people sitting next to them, but it is hard to ignore them when they are acting that way. Others are there to socialize.
I probably fall into the former category since I am 25, haha. I just enjoy the energy in the building for Hawks and Wings games with all the opposing fans. Emotional investment in the game is much higher than say a game vs Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad