All Purpose Tickets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I probably fall into the former category since I am 25, haha. I just enjoy the energy in the building for Hawks and Wings games with all the opposing fans. Emotional investment in the game is much higher than say a game vs Ottawa.
I'm the same. I'm 30 but I don't have kids or anything so I get it but I also understand that some people aren't in my shoes and see these games as a nuisance. I'm not trying to make any judgments about it, I just know where I stand on the issue, but I do concede that these bad things must be happening even if I don't see them. I admit that I've been to Chargers vs Raiders and Dodgers vs Giants games where the crowds can get intimidating and it makes you feel uneasy. I'm in touch with that emotion, I just haven't experienced it at Bridgestone for whatever reason. I guess it's just a frustrating scenario all around and I wish our fan base was naturally larger so that even if some of our fans decided not to go based on personal preferences, we had fans of our own lining up to take those seats and fill the arena either way. Unfortunately that's probably not the case.

(watch me end up front and center in something tonight now that I say this)

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I was really busy at work today and didn't have time to chime in. I'll opine later... In the meantime.... Here is another promo - http://predators.nhl.com/friends

Blues and Philly game for half off. This is yet another reason I probably will not renew my seats. It's easier and cheaper just to buy ala carte and not worry about games I can't make.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was really busy at work today and didn't have time to chime in. I'll opine later... In the meantime.... Here is another promo - http://predators.nhl.com/friends

Blues and Philly game for half off. This is yet another reason I probably will not renew my seats. It's easier and cheaper just to buy ala carte and not worry about games I can't make.

I guess if some of the throw-ins don't appeal to you that's the way to go. The swag, the extra LIDS game tickets, the Meet the Player deals, the freebie tickets to the Ford Ice Center--if you can't use any of those things AND you can't make most of the games then yeah, a ST isn't going to be the right thing for you. For me, the 6 extra tickets are a good way to treat my friends--I don't sell them, but I could. I don't care a bit about meeting the team and getting autographs so that feature is kind of worthless for me. I do like getting 10% off of concessions and 20% off the pro shop, though.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Thankfully I never learned to care much about how or what others think of me. Safety is my concern and considering I've left with bruises from this fan base, I choose to keep myself safe. The "security" sure isn't doing it for me.

Amen. When women don't feel safe by themselves at the Bridgestone, it isn't a good atmosphere.

Frankly if the Preds get called on attendance during a national game, well the front office of the predators has created the situation, let them take the heat. They've encouraged a party atmosphere for years and won't put adequate security in place to toss DRUNKS.

Frankly tired of all this "you're not a good or mature fan base because you don't want vomit beer filthy language and menacing behavior in your face during a sporting event."
Bs

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Simple question. If Hawks fans are inherently bad then why don't other teams have our policy or why is it a surprise to them when Nashville reacts negatively to them based on their behavior? Is it a Nashville environment that enables them or are other cities better equipped to deal with them? They play 41 away games a year yet Nashville seems to be the only ones to have a plan in place to (unsuccessfully) keep them out and I wouldn't think most other fan bases think twice about them, let alone letting them keep them away from their own arena. I had zero problem with Hawks fans tonight. The only ones who annoyed me were the ones I was with and it wasn't even that bad.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I just wish people (Preds and hawks fans and some chi writers) would stop thinking we are the only team to do this. Other teams do this in the NHL and in other sports leagues.

The Denver broncos just had this same policy in effect for their game Sunday. You could only get tix to the game if you lived in a Denver zip code. This is the NFL and Denver that inacted this! I don't think Denver is insecure about anything.

I have no problem with the Preds making these policies.

To me, there is a difference when Chicago comes and when new York rangers or mtl or TO come.

When NYR/MTL/TO come, it's fun. Their fans are fun. They have a good time, they respect people around them.

When Chicago comes I feel tense, like I have to be on guard for something. A lot of their fans that come have no respect for the Preds, the fans, or anyone around them. I know that all fanbases have bad apples, but it just seems they have a lot more than anyone else and when they get into a group and especially after drinking all day they make a bad environment.

The ones I saw tonight were fine. Most genereally seemed to be older and not drunken idiots. A lot of them were local or with Preds fans. Even after the game was over there wasn't much yelling around the arena like there is some other games.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
The Hawks fans were fine las night. The row of 5 behind me all lived in Chattanooga. The two preds fans in front of me were far more annoying and knew nothing about hockey.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
A friend who is a blues fan says they are having similar issues with the current crop of hawks fans. A couple Minn fans I chatted with Sat also said the hawks fans are becoming a problem.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
A friend who is a blues fan says they are having similar issues with the current crop of hawks fans. A couple Minn fans I chatted with Sat also said the hawks fans are becoming a problem.

I talked to a guy visiting Nashville for the first time from Chicago. He said he has been to all but 5 arenas for Hawks games and that ours was one of the nicest as well as our fans. Said St Louis was terrible and far more hostile to Chicago fans than Nashville.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN

So where did that come from and who should I put in as the Referring Employee? I just bought a new house back in October, have a middle school daughter that is highly involved in school activities, and I had to give up my season tickets a while back because of both of those plus the friends I went to games with moved out of state... I could use a night out or two as I live in a sea of estrogen (two daughters and a wife)!

I felt the same way too about season tickets and did just cherry pick deals last year while getting my house and finances ready for market; but the truth is that I miss the camaraderie of the friends I went to games with sometimes more than the product on the ice. It's hard to put a price on something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad