Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
It's really the same window you have to sign a CHL player you draft at 18.

CBA is linked here. College draft stuff begins around page 17.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf
Thanks for the effort !!

A question...... I can't figure it out
Let's take Nate Clurman ( Sioux city, USHL ) a 1998 born RHD.
Drafted in 2016 by Colorado.
STILL playing in Jrs for 2 full seasons after being drafted ( actually 1 yr Prep school and this yr USHL ).
Enrolls at Notre Dame this coming August. This will begin his 3rd yr after being draft.
When does Colorado lose his rights ? I think in 2 yrs when his "Graduating Class" graduates ????

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Thanks for the effort !!

A question...... I can't figure it out
Let's take Nate Clurman ( Sioux city, USHL ) a 1998 born RHD.
Drafted in 2016 by Colorado.
STILL playing in Jrs for 2 full seasons after being drafted ( actually 1 yr Prep school and this yr USHL ).
Enrolls at Notre Dame this coming August. This will begin his 3rd yr after being draft.
When does Colorado lose his rights ? I think in 2 yrs when his "Graduating Class" graduates ????

Yes, they would still have his rights for two more years. They have until 2020 to sign him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Other reasons, wanting to be by home or the big northeastern area draw I get. And certainly the open role on the team element.

Every time there's oh he will want to go play with his teamate claim as a threat for the college FA... who has gone that route of these players ever?

Recent ones on my mind like Will Butcher could of done something connected to drafted teamates but went ot the best place to get a shot to play right away. Vesey basically said Rangers pitch that they wanted him and had a role for him in sight that season mattered.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Other reasons, wanting to be by home or the big northeastern area draw I get. And certainly the open role on the team element.

Every time there's oh he will want to go play with his teamate claim as a threat for the college FA... who has gone that route of these players ever?

Recent ones on my mind like Will Butcher could of done something connected to drafted teamates but went ot the best place to get a shot to play right away. Vesey basically said Rangers pitch that they wanted him and had a role for him in sight that season mattered.
These kids' agents are looking for the best place to play in NHL Immediately if they become UFA's

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But will Chicago still be the "best place" to play given the turmoil it already is and could be worse?
Fact...aging Core
Possible. ..Stan or Q gets fired= unlnown ahead...not the same Blackhawks org...

Possible. ..Crawford either cannot come back and retires...or he cones back never the same top 3 goalie on tge league level ...but becomes just another middle of tge pack goalie...

Factor in all the a over facts and down possible and the negatives for going to a likely non-commercial tender for tge next several years make Chicago a less enticing g "best place' to go to to impact and have success ..it could be a long long somber stay in the basement .

So burning a year of ELC and getting his shot as a top six RW on line #1 or LW on line #2 just may not be enough to say him..and certainly not the fact we drafted him...there is no loyalty as we saw with Hayes or Vesey or Butcher to their draft team...So this is no lock that he signs with us..

What can change his mind to lock in his choice to join the Hawks?

A lottery win for a top 3 pick...Either future "star" impact players...Dahlin. ...Zadina...ir Svechnikov..IF and it is a huge IF ,we get lucky and move up to get any of these 3 top prizes of this draft ,then he could see the beginnings of a re-londli of the Hawks to rise again to a serious contender ..He certainly could see himself on a line with Zadina ir Svechnikov and "producing" in a top role and quickly ..because both Zadina and Svechnikov ikov will go straight to the NHL after the draft ..they are that good.

But shoukd tge Hawks not get so lucky to win a top 3 lotto pick then all bets are off on hom joining us...Given our current issues...

What else could sway him by Aug 15th?

Well ..if we traded AA and Saad...clears cap space to be in play for Tavares ....If we land Tavares,again that changes everything ...

SIKURA woukd immediately sign and Hawks would be instant contenders again...

Best scenario ...Hawks get lucky...get 2nd in draft via lotto ...Take ZADINA ...Hawks trade AA and Saad ...Sign Tavares as Ufa ...Sikura Signs...CC announces retirement...Hawks now have $6 million per to sign Ufa goalie or offer sheet on still unsigned RFA goalie (target Tristan Jarry ...please..always liked him and wanted us to draft him ..but Pitt did) ..

SEE IF we get lucky and creative with trades ,cap space and at least 1 dman from our existing drafted crop who is nit even in Rockford yet but signs and makes our team next seaon with impact and Competence ...then this whole thing can turn back upwards very quickly..but let us admit it..it us a lot of IFS. ..

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Loyalty is there, you can focus on those who left.. yet every year there are players who go to seniors and sign with their drafted team, a lot more than the few who go elsewhere.

The Hawks in the recent years have had fans here fearing Hayden and Johns presigning, even some worried when they did not sign the immediate days after their seasons ended. But no signs ever showed they just didnt want to finish their seasons and be loyal.

When you look at those you listed, and include other notable leavers through this method, almost all of them have had clashes and reasons to be upset with their drafted clubs. The loyalty wasn't given their way why should they extend it. Several wanted to sign as juniors or earlier than time up but the team didn't sign them.

Kayes' situation is known here in that way after his troublesome junior year and brother's trade off.

Will Butcher's family was told the Avs had no interest in signing him after his junior year because Roy, in that more than just coach role he had, did not like his game. Sakic tried to plead they were changed by then to him but what loyalty should he show when they did not show it?

I didn't know the story why Justin Schultz who was the big one talked about before the recent players but the Ducks also had drafted Gardnier and they were D partners at UoW and they traded Gardnier thinking well they got the better of the pair still but that and maybe other things bothered Schultz.

Mike Reilly and Jimmy Vesey are the only ones I don't know of anything the teams did wrong. That's though a smaller square of the small square of possible leaving FAs. Reilly considered Chicago but went home staying in Minnesota where he played college and his dad is a team stake holder.

Every guy also until Will Butcher, from wisconsin, signed pretty close to their home area. None I can see chose their teamate's team as the choice despite options to, and even claims Schultz was made about Gardnier's trade yet didn't go to Toronto.

Sikura is from Ontario, if home area and chance to play are his biggest desires, the Senators should be the team to pick. If he wants a potential soon winner Toronto is in that bucket too. Though the Hawks have done nothing to spur him and done a lot to be pleasing and that ussually goes well. Only Vesey is the case that went that way.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
If he could burn a year of his ELC and does not he is getting bad advice. ELC you only make $100K in the AHL. I'm sure he can also say that spend most of the year up in 2018/19. Tor has a ton of good young players so he might not be in the top 9 and does not look like the 4th line would suit him. We have Wingels and Jurco in the Top 6 those spots would be his to compete for. The worst thing that would happen is if they goto the frozen 4 and we cannot burn the ELC.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
wow, did the Penguins give up a lot for Brassard at 18% retention - so much for them getting AA!

Ian Cole and a 1st round pick for Brassard....that is a good haul for Ottawa, Cole isn't that bad of a player.

I definitely think AA can land a first if Brassard got that

wrong thread-sorry

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
2 goals (both PP) and an assist for Sikura as they pound New Hampshire 8-0

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It is true....Hawks play their last game April 7th...Frozen Four Final is April 7th ...so if Northeastern gets all the way to that Frozen Four Final then we cannot offer that burn 1st yr of ELC advantage to Sikura.

But if he goes out on April 5th in a semi-final loss or never gets to the Frozen Four....we will be in position to offer him 1 game (or more game if knocked out before April 6th ) to burn off that first year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Will the Blackhawks sign Kayumov and Altybarmakyan this summer?So far,their contracts appear to end at the conclusion of tge 2017/18 Season. .so they should be free to come over and sign if tge Hawks want to bring them in mow and not wait through some next contract xterm atkin signing window...If we do sign them,they probably both need to adjust fir a year in Rockford before getting a real shot in tge Shiw.. But usually Russians hate spending time in tge AHL and probably negotiate some option to go back to Russia if tgey cannot make the Hass squad as they woukd rather spend development time back home till they are given a real chance to stick in the NHL...,

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mr.Irrelevant for his draft class, John Dahlstrom is having a more successful 2nd stint in the Allsvenskan ....he now has 5 g and 2 assists and is +3 in 9GP for his current club,Oskarshamn....he started the season with the club that contracted him ;Almtuna, but nit playing much they sent him down to Division 1 on koan. ..he played a few games for 2 teans there ...then got loaned back up to tge Allsvenskan again with his current team Oskarshamnn. Any way he seems to ve getting a bigger role there and is producing g .His contract with Almtuna ends after the 2018/19 season ...so hevwill develop 1 more season in Sweden before Hawks decide on contracting him or not.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Barratt was chirping him in the penalty box before that, too.

But he's at PSU so..worthless prospects, amirite?
well he was the 3rd round pick for the Bhawks in the 2017 draft. i just hope he continue to develop.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
well he was the 3rd round pick for the Bhawks in the 2017 draft. i just hope he continue to develop.

That was sarcasm in response to certain claims made by certain posters about the PSU hockey programs and prospects essentially being no good if they go there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That was sarcasm in response to certain claims made by certain posters about the PSU hockey programs and prospects essentially being no good if they go there.
oh, i guess i missed that point..... which i have a tendency to do.

many thanks.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Barratt has been one of my favs for the draft last year- this kid will be a nice sleeper who should have wen't higher...but like BL said, he is worthless since he went to PSU!! hahahaha

I think he makes team USA for the WJC as well this year...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Barratt has been one of my favs for the draft last year- this kid will be a nice sleeper who should have wen't higher...but like BL said, he is worthless since he went to PSU!! hahahaha

The reaction from some on here when he was drafted was classic. One of my favorite HFB moments.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I haven't seen much of PSU but sounds like he's had a good season and is progressing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad