Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hes playing again but not much to it, just got back after a lot of time off. He got assists in his last 2 games after nothing in the few after returning so he may be back to in a positive groove.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
From the sound of things a few more of the college guys may sign after their seasons are over. Nothing concrete but being considered.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
From the sound of things a few more of the college guys may sign after their seasons are over. Nothing concrete but being considered.

Nice to hear.

The key will be Sikura. These boards will be unbearable if he choses not to sign here even though the has pushed to sign him the right way.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Nice to hear.

The key will be Sikura. These boards will be unbearable if he choses not to sign here even though the has pushed to sign him the right way.

Yeah, I hope he does. I wouldn't place a bet either way right now. Not sure what he ultimately ends up doing.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Tell me why it's beneficial for Sikura to sign after his season ends.

Hawks view:
1. He will get games with Rockford and will be great experience going into next training camp.
2. IF SB offers to "burn" a year he will get some games with Hawks ( like Hayden last season ) which brings him 1 yr closer to RFA / UFA status.....IMO it's still not a sure thing he signs

Sikura view:
1. I'm not signing an ATO period.
2. Hawks are in a terrible position with the current contract situation which will have major impact on my 2nd contract in 1 1/2 yrs.
3. Top 6 is very crowded
4. I can wait until after draft and July 1st Free Agency to see how things shake out with Hawks
5. I can wait until Aug 15th and be an Unrestricted Free Agent and sign with any team

What would you do ?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

yep, some solid names to bring in soon...

I would imagine we sign right away:

Sikura - F
Hillman - D
Olofsson - F
Dennis Gilbert - D
Chad Krys - D

at least that is my hope to get the next wave of kids in to see what they can do...

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Tell me why it's beneficial for Sikura to sign after his season ends.

Hawks view:
1. He will get games with Rockford and will be great experience going into next training camp.
2. IF SB offers to "burn" a year he will get some games with Hawks ( like Hayden last season ) which brings him 1 yr closer to RFA / UFA status.....IMO it's still not a sure thing he signs

Sikura view:
1. I'm not signing an ATO period.
2. Hawks are in a terrible position with the current contract situation which will have major impact on my 2nd contract in 1 1/2 yrs.
3. Top 6 is very crowded
4. I can wait until after draft and July 1st Free Agency to see how things shake out with Hawks
5. I can wait until Aug 15th and be an Unrestricted Free Agent and sign with any team

What would you do ?

He burns a year. This is the key and always has been. This huge from a money making perspective. The faster you get to FA the more money you can make.

Hawks are actually is a better contract situation that you realize. They will have a decent amount of room due to the bonuses coming off and the cap is going up.

Top 6 is actually not that crowded. There are 1-2 open spots pending on how you look at it and if the Hawks change their play structure top 9 is space you look at because 3rd line players can get ample minutes if you have a 4th line that is played less.

It actually makes a lot of sense for him to sign but he could also walk just as easy.

Last edited:

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He burns a year. This is the key and always has been. This huge from a money making perspective. The faster you get to FA the more money you can make.

Hawks are actually is a better contract situation that you realize. They will have a decent amount of room due to the bonuses coming off and the cap is going up.

Top 6 is actually not that crowded. There are 1-2 open spots pending on how you look at it and if the Hawks change their play structure top 9 is space you look at because 3rd line players can get ample minutes if you have a 4th line that is played less.

It actually makes a lot of sense for him to sign.
I understand burning a year .... that's the only way he signs

Please explain "Hawks are in a better contract situation than I realize"
4 F's = 31.55 million for at least 4 yrs ( with out Hossa 5.75 million )
3 D = 16 million for at least 3 yrs
1 G = 6 million 2 yrs

That's almost 55 million on 8 players

On a side note, I believe Hillman is also an UFA this Aug 15th

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

1 G = 6 million 2 yrs

They actually have capspace now that the bonuses are coming off of the books along with the cap going up. Do they have mountains of cap space? No not even close but they have space. By the time that DS needs to be re-upped, the is a good chance Seabrook is gone (compliance buy out). The Hawks are in much better shaper than you realize.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
yep, some solid names to bring in soon...

I would imagine we sign right away:

Sikura - G
Hillman - D
Olofsson - F
Dennis Gilbert - D

Chad Krys - D

at least that is my hope to get the next wave of kids in to see what they can do...

These are three I was referring to. I think there could be an outside chance Mitchell signs but may be best served to stick around in Denver one more season. I know Olofsson is very likely to sign this spring and is said by Omaha's staff to be their best guy right now.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
They actually have capspace now that the bonuses are coming off of the books along with the cap going up. Do they have mountains of cap space? No not even close but they have space. By the time that DS needs to be re-upped, the is a good chance Seabrook is gone (compliance buy out). The Hawks are in much better shaper than you realize.
If Hawks burn a yr, Sikura next contract up after next season. It's a 2 yr entry level for him now

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
These are three I was referring to. I think there could be an outside chance Mitchell signs but may be best served to stick around in Denver one more season. I know Olofsson is very likely to sign this spring and is said by Omaha's staff to be their best guy right now.
Olofsonn is another player that is an UFA Aug 15th.

Sikura, Olofsonn , and Hillman are all UFA's Aug 15th

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I do not understand how cap space is an issue for Sikura who has to sign an ELC with us or anywhere else...once we move Anisimov, that is over $13mil in space...not worried at all for once about the cap

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hillman shouldn't be a UFA, he was just drafted two years ago. Am I missing something? Not that I'm concerned about it either way but that doesn't sound right.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

1 G = 6 million 2 yrs

his brother plays here which is a big positive as well, plus burning the ELC is massive for these kids.

also who wouldn't want to play with Kane, Toews, Schmaltz, etc? we rotate the lines so much, Sikura can have top 6 minutes without issue. Duclair found himself instantly in the top 6 once we traded for him, he just didn't do much with the opportunity. If Sikura is good enough to play top 6, he likely will...there is room here in this lineup, that isn't a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille