Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
here is a query for those who really, i am meaning asking from who really follow RFD minor league. while the stats really do not give a good feeling, but a visual pov will be great. how is their defensive scheme. the reason i am asking is, if that HC is the Bhawks future coach, i am wondering on how he works the defense and their scheme.

What are you asking exactly?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What are you asking exactly?
i really don't know, as a fan and not a player i can't put forth my thought process here. just wondering on his defensive scheme and is RFD doing a great job, defensively.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Things ought to be simple. .like Dmen avoiding Q's weak stick checking to actually ...you know cover guys lije glue and shove them off pucks and block shots instead of failing to block shots and just screening our hours (3 and 8...I want to vomit) ...First hey competent defending Dmen ..then worry about sysyems
2nd concern. .Can our Dmen actually fire pucks on net?Right now...except for Rutta...it seems not ...Shots blocked too much...dots off target too much if they get through..really really poor at point shots. Q has done nothing to correct this ..

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Forsling back on the top pairing again last night with Franson

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Didn't see the game, just pulled the info from their lineup. The Hogs only allowed one goal, though.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Ahem *clears throat*
I wasn't at the game last night. So I'm not replying to that.

BUT.
The defense is pretty good. They block a lot of shots. Their gaps are good when the attacking team enters our zone. Sometimes they get caught and can't clear it. But I don't get upset with our D often.
This isn't to be taken as gospel though. I have had to miss A LOT of games due to everything with my mom late last year. So, this is just from what I've seen.

The D also jumps up in the rush a lot. And they don't get beat wide very often.

Obviously there are defensive hiccups, or else we would be first in the league.

I like Jeremy's coaching.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ahem *clears throat*
I wasn't at the game last night. So I'm not replying to that.

BUT.
The defense is pretty good. They block a lot of shots. Their gaps are good when the attacking team enters our zone. Sometimes they get caught and can't clear it. But I don't get upset with our D often.
This isn't to be taken as gospel though. I have had to miss A LOT of games due to everything with my mom late last year. So, this is just from what I've seen.

The D also jumps up in the rush a lot. And they don't get beat wide very often.

Obviously there are defensive hiccups, or else we would be first in the league.

I like Jeremy's coaching.
many thanks for that update.....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Scott Powers has a lot of clips of Jokiharju on his Twitter account. Too many to bother posting, but well worth a look. HJ is very good at moving the puck up ice himself.

Also, apparently Winter Hawks got their logo because the Blackhawks organization donated some jerseys to that team in the mid 70's. They eventually changed things up a little, but just a nice little nugget of info about that franchise courtesy of Powers.

Reactions: iiStylesx

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Scott Powers has a lot of clips of Jokiharju on his Twitter account. Too many to bother posting, but well worth a look. HJ is very good at moving the puck up ice himself.

Also, apparently Winter Hawks got their logo because the Blackhawks organization donated some jerseys to that team in the mid 70's. They eventually changed things up a little, but just a nice little nugget of info about that franchise courtesy of Powers.
Heaven forbid, if Q is still coach when HJ arrives, the HC will squelch the nasty habit. :sarcasm: a la Leddy, MK, Daley before him.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not recall anyone posting on this...but perhaps I missed it...O came across an article in Sedish dated Feb, 2018 where I think it said the Blackhawks were interested
in offering Michael Lindqvist,(a 23 yr old RW for Farjestads of the SHL ) a contract ...He is 2nd in the SHL in goal scoring shooting% (but the leader has only played 7 games ).so really Lindqvist is the top shooter in the SHL on terms of finishing..Elite Prospects lists him at 5'11 172....he plays LW.

Hope we can sign him.

He has 20 goals in 33GP in just 72 shots for a shooting % over 27% prior to games today...On contrast Viktor Edjsell had 17 goals in 104 shots generated in 40 GP... Edjsell scored a goalagain today in his 41st game ...

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Soderlund seems like the type of guy that will jump straight from Europe to the Hawks lineup. Everything written about him is really positive and people seem to love his work ethic.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Soderlund seems like the type of guy that will jump straight from Europe to the Hawks lineup. Everything written about him is really positive and people seem to love his work ethic.
but i 5'9 i really wondering if he can make that jump. granted some of the other hawks players has.... what do you see of his upside.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
but i 5'9 i really wondering if he can make that jump. granted some of the other hawks players has.... what do you see of his upside.

Victor Arvidsson. They are very similar.

Söderlund plays so effectively north-south game and his engine just doesnt run out. At least he will be very solid 4th liner.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Victor Arvidsson. They are very similar.

Söderlund plays so effectively north-south game and his engine just doesnt run out. At least he will be very solid 4th liner.
i agree, if and that is a big if, i see another 4th liner in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad