Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
There are plenty of guys I would be fine with snagging this year. Zadina is going top 3. I would love him though.
this is a talented first 8-10 players depending on how they are drafted.

every yr i am always advocating the needs to get multi 1st rnd picks to help this team..... i am wishing harder this yr for multi 1st.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Mr Moustache he of the Mr.November excelkent Anisimov woukd get us slate first. .but Mr. Anisimov still obviously suffering effects from his injury and never quite the same ...in fact pretty slow and useless..he will not get us a late first..and BTW ..he still has to waive his NMC.. which cones offAFTER tjus draft ...ie.his full MMC expirs aftervthis contract seadon is over ...me Bing it is off July1st ...So ...he probably would waive it if he knows they care going to trade him anyway before next season..Bit as people point out, there are no Centres ready to replace him from Hawks system for next season ...and there are few Centres of NY real improvement over hom who are going to ve Ufa on the market this summer. THUS ..Maybe becausebifvtheyvrealky that..they simply can't risk trading him till we can get in proper replacement ...or He may want to only move in the summer and not now for personal reasons or perhaps tp better select hid list by thinking g longer about where he would like to play if possible.

Thus both the assumption we get a late first for him and that we dare ship him out now without any forsee able C replacement ..means probably he is not trades fir less now when he coukd fetch mire at tge TDL in 2019 next season ..especialky if he has a much better season and is injury free next season till the TDL. IF he do ES have a better season and better health ..then at tge TDL in 2019 he may fetch us tgat first rounder ...And a late first in 2019 would be better than a Kate first in 2018..because the 2019 draft is tge start of a 3 consecutive years of drafts tgat are exceptional..as to deep deep depth and Quality ..

So...Rather than get less.I would wait...hope he us healthy next season and has a strong campaign till the TDL and if we again ate out of playoff race ..then we coukd trade him for a lot better pick or pick quality or picks ...plural .

Now...if Hawks are again cellar dwellers next season (say CC hurt again..say Toews and Saad again disappoint )but say Jane at least does not quit mid season and Anisimov gives us October November December Jan and Feb lije he pkayed in November this season. .in tgat case we trade both (if both see we are going to really need a total Re-Build LD and can not win as currently constituted..so Kane waives then and AA also agrees to head to other pastures ..and we load up for the 2019 draft and some 2020 picks too.

So next season could be a lor simolar to where weare now.or a lit different...depends on comebacks from disappointing vets plus health plus better luck (less hot posts..better shooting % and injury situation (hopefully CC heLthy and AA healthy and none of jet guys hurt) ...But If It goes awry again..then TDL or before draft trades in 2019 and a lot of big changes will come. .

So given alk the above..not sure AA goes this TDL or even this summer..may get 1 more crack with us.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Mattias From is apparently some kind of head case. Left Rögle för Södertälje mid season and now Södertälje have decided to terminate his contract. Rumoured to have reported sick for a game to hang out with friends instead.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Follow up question...Anyone know why the eff he's on the third pairing? o_O

Is Colliton trying to get fired too/staging a walkout with Coach Q?
It was a game Clendening has been playing LD with a ppg pace mostly.

So he's gonna mix with the many D they have that often has a couple D needing to be scratched for everyone to fit in the team

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'd be shocked if that were the case. I could see him getting us a 2nd + another pick or a prospect, but a 1st would be surprising to me.
i agree furthermore why would a team, any team sacrifice their #1 on AA when there are other team willing to do a dumpster fire kind of cleaning ......

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'd be shocked if that were the case. I could see him getting us a 2nd + another pick or a prospect, but a 1st would be surprising to me.

i agree furthermore why would a team, any team sacrifice their #1 on AA when there are other team willing to do a dumpster fire kind of cleaning ......

Centers cost a lot. AA is better than Vermette and Vermette cost a 1st. TD inflates prices as well.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Centers cost a lot. AA is better than Vermette and Vermette cost a 1st. TD inflates prices as well.

Arguable on if he's better or not at the time of the respective (potential) trades, but the point is that Vermette was the best option available at the trade deadline when he came up whereas I don't think that'll be the case for Anisimov in 2018 unless I'm misreading who's available. So even if you are of the opinion that AA is better than Vermette, AA doesn't have the best player available bonus to drive up his price. Hunger is the best spice and all, and you're not going to spend a lot on one thing if there's a buffet available next to it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Arguable on if he's better or not at the time of the respective (potential) trades, but the point is that Vermette was the best option available at the trade deadline when he came up whereas I don't think that'll be the case for Anisimov in 2018 unless I'm misreading who's available.

What other centers are available? I might have missed someone.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if Jack Johnson lands a 1st in return like is being said right now, then AA absolutely should as well. we do not know what the market is yet, who is available and who is buying. I can see a lot of teams wanting his services, Pitt would definitely be one if they could afford him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Centers? Brassard and Letestu are rumored to be available, so at the very least there are comparable nearby players that'd weaken the center market (I'd put Brassard over AA who would be over Letestu). Nash, Hoffman, and Maroon as potential forwards as well (edit: and Kane, Patches, and Domi). And Green on defense is an option too, I would think. I think that this is a better trade deadline class than 2015 at least.

I'm more than willing to be surprised, but it also depends on if the Hawks think that a quick bounceback is possible and thereby don't want to give up a serviceable center for a pick that wouldn't be ready to play likely for a couple of years.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
then this is on me and thinking that maybe i am under valuing the hawks players.

but i just don't see it. but that is kool, i have been wrong many times before.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
just don't know. yea not having craw there hurts, but come on, the talent on the team is there. there is no denying that. those player who are offensive minded and is responsible for scoring is not scoring. they are not even carrying the team, why ??

another thing i like to point out is the defense, without them this is what we, the fans and the org can expect.

so for thoughts process and wondering, does the players know or realize that the d-men are or will give up x amount of goals and is beyond caring ??

is the problem the coach and the players can't or continue to play the same old game plan and gave up ??

i will still say that the talent is there or at least is there to being doing a better job then what they are showing, it is just sad that the org is in this mess...... now for my rant >>> it has to start some where.... at the top.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Trading Anisimov will likely have to wait til summer when his NMC turns into a NTC. And I don't honestly think we'd likely get a 1st back for him at that point.

He's had injury issues, is getting older, and is still signed for 2 more seasons at about $4.5m. I think the best the Hawks could do would be to trade him, again in the summer, for a good player with a yearly cap of $2-4m. Save a little bit of cap, and get a player who might fit better with where this team is going.

But I just can't imagine we get a first for him.

Reactions: Teemu and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Trading Anisimov will likely have to wait til summer when his NMC turns into a NTC. And I don't honestly think we'd likely get a 1st back for him at that point.

He's had injury issues, is getting older, and is still signed for 2 more seasons at about $4.5m. I think the best the Hawks could do would be to trade him, again in the summer, for a good player with a yearly cap of $2-4m. Save a little bit of cap, and get a player who might fit better with where this team is going.

i totally agree

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Pitt is looking for a center, if they like Anisimov enough they will move a 1st for him, and I am sure he would waive to play with Malkin and Crosby..

Anisimov is at a low value, but GMs know his value and what he has done over the years - he is a perfect add for a cup contender...

I think there is a good chance Anisimov lands a first if the market has enough buyers which it looks like it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->