Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Pitt is looking for a center, if they like Anisimov enough they will move a 1st for him, and I am sure he would waive to play with Malkin and Crosby..

Anisimov is at a low value, but GMs know his value and what he has done over the years - he is a perfect add for a cup contender...

I think there is a good chance Anisimov lands a first if the market has enough buyers which it looks like it will.
but the flip-side of the AA trade is his salary. teams who really can use him for the cup run, they do not have the salary cap room to acquire him.

so yeah, i do not expect a 1st as a rtn.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
but the flip-side of the AA trade is his salary. teams who really can use him for the cup run, they do not have the salary cap room to acquire him.

so yeah, i do not expect a 1st as a rtn.

AA doesn’t have a huge salary so you are off in that thought.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
AA doesn’t have a huge salary so you are off in that thought.
when pitt as was the example being use have something less than 1 mil left in the cap, how to fix this under their cap restriction.

furthermore AA salary is 4.5+ until 2021 ...... that needs to be taken into account as well.

Last edited:

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Not sure if this is right thread. Anybody have a clue how you can watch olympic hockey? It certainly isn't the NHL channel.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
when pitt as was the example being use have something less than 1 mil left in the cap, how to fix this under their cap restriction.

furthermore AA salary is 4.5+ until 2021 ...... that needs to be taken into account as well.

The salary is pro-rated. They would have to send someone back but they have room to make moves.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The salary is pro-rated. They would have to send someone back but they have room to make moves.
i understand the prorated and that is not my point. it was the idea that no mention the idea of who would come the hawks way to make this work.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
likely Ian Cole which we can either keep or move. Cole seems to be the name Pitt is shopping around out there.
you may be right but to know for sure, i will wait until something else is mention. remember i am not doubting you, i just don't know.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why not just keep Anisimov unless there is a concrete plan to move him for cap space and a late 1st then use the cap space to help the team in free agency. AA is a decent player with a reasonable cap hit and term, so not ready to trade him in a down year when he can easily be apart of a good team next year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Why not just keep Anisimov unless there is a concrete plan to move him for cap space and a late 1st then use the cap space to help the team in free agency. AA is a decent player with a reasonable cap hit and term, so not ready to trade him in a down year when he can easily be apart of a good team next year.
this team will need to make some harsh decision. the team really needs some wiggle room, they also need to get quality top tier prospects in the system. where the Bhawks been picking, they have been doing fine in the draft pick prospects, but as of right now, they are not the top elite finish prospect.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
I'm a bit torn about Anisimov as well. I think our issues lie more with Q's system rather than a lack of talent on the roster so I'd rather wait to see how we do with a new coach next year before entering full rebuild mode. Anisimov was playing really well the first half of the season (all 14 of his goals were scored by December if I remember correctly) and same with Saad so I would be really hesitant to jettison them after a down year where our blueline and Crawford's absence have been the main problems.

That being said, AA would probably bring back the most in return from a team looking to add center depth heading into the playoffs than any other hawk I'd be willing to have on the trading block

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
this team will need to make some harsh decision. the team really needs some wiggle room, they also need to get quality top tier prospects in the system. where the Bhawks been picking, they have been doing fine in the draft pick prospects, but as of right now, they are not the top elite finish prospect.
This team has wiggle room. And your not likely getting a top tier prospect for Anisimov.

I'm in favor of trading him because I think this team needs to continue focusing on younger and faster skaters, but we're fine on cap space for next season and it's incredibly wishful thinking that we'd get anything more than a low 1st rounder for him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This team has wiggle room. And your not likely getting a top tier prospect for Anisimov.

I'm in favor of trading him because I think this team needs to continue focusing on younger and faster skaters, but we're fine on cap space for next season and it's incredibly wishful thinking that we'd get anything more than a low 1st rounder for him.
with ref to the rtn for him, i am totally with you on that. that is all i am going to say about everything else.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Agree with most points made above. I think it makes a lot of sense to keep Anisimov until at least the draft and possibly to begin next season. Unless there is a hockey trade to be made then it's not urgent to move Anisimov until Schmaltz is done with his ELC, which is after next season, then ideally they sign Schmaltz to an extension and give him the cap Anisimov is taking up.

So by keeping Anisimov to start next season they can see a.) how good the team is b.) can he find his game again and rebuild some trade value c.) be a more valuable asset at the TDL if the Hawks are not a contender. If the Hawks happen to be a much improved next team next season then it's likely Anisimov will be a part of that and have more value than a late 1st round pick and they can move him next summer.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Ulf's son Henrik has three goals in his first three games for the Hogs

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Olofsson is very likely to sign after Nebraska-Omaha's season is over. Will be really good to finally have him in the mix. Little talked about in his time as a prospect but he's an excellent prospect and look forward to him being a pro and in the mix.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Olofsson is very likely to sign after Nebraska-Omaha's season is over. Will be really good to finally have him in the mix. Little talked about in his time as a prospect but he's an excellent prospect and look forward to him being a pro and in the mix.

How has he been this season?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
How has he been this season?

He was hurt but he's been very good upon coming back. 20 points in 29 games, has been getting in a lot at C of late. Has the versatility to play C and W. Really good defensively, smart, but has good offensive skill that should translate at the pro level. Plays a pro game already. Has had an element of that since his days with the Steel. Real slick, smart, polished game. Think he'll elevate and adjust well at the next level. Good size and moves really well. I've long been a fan since his USHL days.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He was hurt but he's been very good upon coming back. 20 points in 29 games, has been getting in a lot at C of late. Has the versatility to play C and W. Really good defensively, smart, but has good offensive skill that should translate at the pro level. Plays a pro game already. Has had an element of that since his days with the Steel. Real slick, smart, polished game. Think he'll elevate and adjust well at the next level. Good size and moves really well. I've long been a fan since his USHL days.

you definitely saw more in him than I ever did...he did turn out into a decent prospect and is another name to add to the list of up and comers for us. good call with him BL, he does show promise.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
you definitely saw more in him than I ever did...he did turn out into a decent prospect and is another name to add to the list of up and comers for us. good call with him BL, he does show promise.

I've been singing that praise since they drafted him. Was real happy they took him. There were a few other teams in on him the rest of that round and into the next round. He doesn't get a lot of the attention many of the others have gotten in the same time but I really like him as an NHL'er. He already has a lot of pro traits to his game. Look forward to seeing him on board.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
2 more asdists for HAwks D-man draftee.. Jake Ryzcek in a 6-5 Halifax wim yesterday ... now has 5G 15a in 22 GP in the Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->