Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hogs on the pp due to a bad call on a high stick, Wolves get three different odd man rushes before converting a 2 on 0 to tie up with three minutes left. Hogs defense is very raw.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hino wins it in the shoot out.

This team can skate.

Forgot - Johnson - Highmore were great. Gave the Wolves fits. Very north south line. Highmore especially stood out.

Hino and Pirri were pretty noticeably the most talented on either team. Hino is going to make a lot of money playing hockey, here or in Europe. Jurco flashes his talent, didn't do much.

Iacopelli has a f***ing cannon of a shot. He ripped one wide and I didn't hear his name again.

The defense... Yikes. They play a very involved offensive scheme. EVERYONE was jumping up. On Johnson's first goal it was Snuggy battling in the corner who fed it to the point where Fortin was covering. Threw a nothing wrister on frame, Johnson in the slot tipped it down and in.

Svedberg was great. Rock solid defensively, and was cheating up and getting feeds in the slot. Doesn't seem so slow at that level. Not a fan of his, but he was like an AHL Pronger. Was weird.

Gus and Snuggy have wheels, good offensive instincts. Gus, Jurco and Hino had the Wolves hemmed in for a solid 90 seconds in OT. Mixed bag in their own end.

Dahlstrom was pretty invisible to bad. Haven't seen him very much, just my takeaway from tonight. Wasn't impressed.

Glass is bad. Made some saves, but his angles and athleticism are sub-par. If we lose a goalie long term, we'll need to make a move. He's not nhl quality.

Wolves announcers were crying about the officiating a lot. Some of it warranted, but still.

Just my two cents, if anyone cares. I don't see a ton of Rockford, was a happy surprise to see them.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Highmore with tge Hatty in a 3-1 win tonight for Rockford. .Seems like The Hawks coukd use Highmore and Hino ..but alas Q goon stick with his vets ...like the useful Sharp etc...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If Jokiharju played all 72 WHL games this season his numbers project to 19 goals and 81 assists and +100....HOWEVER he will miss 7-8 games due to probably being on Finland World Junior u-20 team at the IIHF World Championship U-20 tournament ...
So I doubt he gets to be a 100 point +100 guy ..

BTW ...the record for D-man points in tge WHL all time for a D-man is 140 set back I'm the 80s by Cam Plante ...so zero chance he breaks that t record or the 118 asdists record for a D-man also set by Plante ...

However the all tine +/- record for the WHL is only +89 set by Len Barrie back in the 80s ...this record is within his reach though maybe others on his stacked Portland squad can also eclipse that ..

Currently Jokiharju sits at +32 for 23 GP ..If he misses 8 Portland games due to the WJHC u-20 and plays in all other remaining games before and after ,you can project 32÷ 23 then multiplied by 64 GP for the regular season which works out to +89 ... That would tie the alk tine WHL +/- record..so it is possible (though probably unlikely) as he would need to keep up current pace and +/- is also a team caused stat...Hard to know if Portland can maintain their pace all season.

Last edited:

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
If Jokiharju played all 72 WHL games this season his numbers project to 19 goals and 81 assists and +100....HOWEVER he will miss 7-8 games due to probably being on Finland World Junior u-20 team at the IIHF World Championship U-20 tournament ...

BTW ...the record for D-man points in tge WHL all time for a D-man is 140 set back I'm the 80s by Cam Plante ...so zero chance he breaks that t record or the 118 asdists record for a D-man also set by Plante ...

However the all tine +/- record for the WHL is only +89 set by Len Barrie back in the 80s ...this record is within his reach though maybe others on his stacked Portland squad can also eclipse that ..

Currently Jokiharju sits at +32 for 23 GP ..If he misses 8 Portland games due to the WJHC u-20 and plays in all other remaining games before and after ,you can project 32÷ 23 then multiplied by 64 GP for the regular season which works out to +89 ... That would tie the alk tine WHL +/- record..so it is possible (though probably unlikely) as he would need to keep up current pace and +/- is also a team caused stat...Hard to know if Portland can maintain their pace all season.
HJ is the 2nd highest scoring D-man in the WHL, only 3 pts from #1. I follow all the W-Hawk game stats this year to watch how he is doing.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
HJ is the 2nd highest scoring D-man in the WHL, only 3 pts from #1. I follow all the W-Hawk game stats this year to watch how he is doing.

Nice. Have you seen him play this season or is it just the stats/clips? Nothing wrong either way. If you have watched him play, what is your take on his game?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

...If I win the current Power Ball Jackpot at 163 million dollars, and I get about 55 million lump sum after taxes, and I conservatively invest and earn about 5% compounding interest, that means I'll have about 58 million by the end of next year (if I don't spend any of it)...

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Nice. Have you seen him play this season or is it just the stats/clips? Nothing wrong either way. If you have watched him play, what is your take on his game?
In my case I've seen him live for 2 games this year.

He's decent positionally, Seems to have good IQ, reads plays well. Has some finish. Basically, same progression track from last season.

As I mentioned when we drafted him...give it 1-2 years from now and he should be a good middle-pairing D-man.

However, one thing Fiddy is correct on is that the W'hawks are really good this year. But unlike what Fiddy is saying, He did play last year when the W'hawks were one-and-done, and he did have a lot of promise on a less-good team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
...If I win the current Power Ball Jackpot at 163 million dollars, and I get about 55 million lump sum after taxes, and I conservatively invest and earn about 5% compounding interest, that means I'll have about 58 million by the end of next year (if I don't spend any of it)...
good luck but if you win, go thru a private banker .... reason, you should get more rtn on the money from the bank that normal people do not know of. esp if you have that lump sum to deposit. Banks gives extra perks to entice you to deposit.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
good luck but if you win, go thru a private banker .... reason, you should get more rtn on the money from the bank that normal people do not know of. esp if you have that lump sum to deposit. Banks gives extra perks to entice you to deposit.
You missed my joke...all of the "if this, then that" scenarios that Fiddy was playing out...I just thought I'd give my own "if..." scenario. Just as likely.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You missed my joke...all of the "if this, then that" scenarios that Fiddy was playing out...I just thought I'd give my own "if..." scenario. Just as likely.
oops.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nalimov is doing fantastic work these last few weeks. A pleasant surprise and I expect, or at least hope, he lands in Rockford next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad