Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Game over ..7-0 victory for the WHL ...Russua not very good ...but again it might have been a different game if Russia started a better goalie...theirt starter did not make thev big sace when needed on quality chances ..whereas Carter Hart did on the quality chances Russiavgeberated despite a lit few shots on goal ..abd Hart held the fort when Russia didvmake a push for 5 minutes in the 2nd half of the 2nd period ..Still did not see a litbofvpitebtial NHLERS IN the Russian lineup as oopsedcto several drafted top prospects for the WHL who should be good NHLERS soon...

The Russian who did impress me most was ALTYBARMAKYAN... still did not see his shot ..but othervteams's that liked his game. Very fast ...and surprisingly good work ethic and hustle and he checks and battles unlike Kane or Panarin ..did not see his shot or hands so camnotvskayevbaclwards if he has that in his arsenal too ..but he looks like a competitor with very good speed ..and in a 7-0 game I saw him realkybhistkebon a back-check and I saw him in a fierce puck battle on his check..so no question he bis NOT lazy ..tgatvis untol Stan drops sone crazy $10.5 on hom..that will make anyone not exactly crazy to sweat the A efgort game ...But as far as prospects go ...I like what I saw ...The real mystery is with that kind of speed,why Russia did not use him on the pk ...because he could get a lotbofvshorty chances with that speed .But tgey had others who got breakaway shorty chances but theyvfaikedvto scoreboard those ..woukd be interesting to see if he could score on those .

Still he showed me enough to have some hope he could be I our lineup I a few years ...looks like elite speed ...that and hustle will go a long way ...give him bettervtalentbho work with amd it coukd be special. .but I need to see his shot and hands ...but the surprise is that he competes hard and hustles back to check hard ..if only Kane would do that ...

I will try to watch him again in other games of the series.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Altychicomakian has very good wheels, maybe holds onto the puck a little bit much but also finds the open man.

He impressed with his hustle also and not afraid in traffic.

He and Maltsev were their best IMO.

Reminds me of a cross between Yakupov and our old buddy Sergei Krivokrasov but before everyone throws him under the bus, a bit of Mogilny in there as well.

Was hoping that Kayumov would've been selected also but....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mea Culpa ..have to correct can earlier post that TSN in Canada was again going to televise some NCAA hockey ....apparently I mistakenly thought a schedule I saw was for this season ..but it was for the 2015/16 season ...however TSN did not announce their schedule last season till later on November ...so do not know whether or bnot an announcement will come again I a few weeks or whether they decided not to show can games this season ...perhaps the viewer numbers do not justify the expense of bringing in ncaa hockey games ...So ignore what I posted before on this...If they announce a schedule for this season I will alert you Canadian posters to this board about it .they've I'd expand coverage of ncaa football ..so maybe they will show ncaa hockey after the ncaa foitball season is over. .stay tuned.
Meanwhile the Karjala Cup starts tomorrow in Finland ..and Dylan Sikura will get in the lineup for Canada ...These games will be used by Hockeyv Canada to select the Canadian Olympic Mend hockey team ..so Sikura gets his chance in this tournament to make a case for a spit on the team.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rusdia cones back from a 3 goal deficit to answer with 4 straight gals and won the game 2 of the canada Russia Super Series 4-3 ...Russia was a lot better tonight than in the 7-0 blowout loss they suffered last night ...Again the best 2 Russians were Maltsev with 2 goals and our 3rd round draft Andrei Altybarmakyan with 1g 1a ...AA#2 scored the tying goal then won a puck battle at the high RW to strip the puck then dish to Maltsev for the 4th goal ...again the speed the hustle and compete from AA#2 were evident on many shifts but tonight it also resulted in scoring.I like him. .lot ..

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
BTW ...I was pronouncing ALTYBARMAKYAN as ALTY-BAR -MAKYAN ...but the tv announcer calls him ALTY-BARMIKAN ...do not sure which isvthe correct pronunciation. .

NOW 7-0 for the WHL ...I think that was the 1st shot on the new goalie .

tv announcers at their best :D

Altychicomakian has very good wheels, maybe holds onto the puck a little bit much but also finds the open man.

He impressed with his hustle also and not afraid in traffic.

He and Maltsev were their best IMO.

Reminds me of a cross between Yakupov and our old buddy Sergei Krivokrasov but before everyone throws him under the bus, a bit of Mogilny in there as well.

Was hoping that Kayumov would've been selected also but....

Kayumov is still recovering from a broken collarbone.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks Caser....do you think he would've been a consideration for the WJC squad if not injured and if you've seen him play, what are your thoughts?

Definately would be in consideration, he actually still is, it depends on his recovery though. I think of him as a good player, but coaches need to find a proper role for him: he won't carry a line for you, but he can add some skill and attacking zone creativity to it.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Rockford played a morning game today in Iowa in front of 13,000 fans. Hogs lost 5-3 despite outshooting the Wild 36-17. Vinnie with a goal and an assist, Collin Delia gets the loss in his first AHL game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone know what happened to Dylan Sikura?As to why he is nit on Team Canada's roster for tge Karjala Cup which is serving as a preview test of Olympic hopefuls trying to make tge Olympic sad for Canada. . SIKURA was named to the roster in late October. ..But is not listed on the roster for Canada at the tournament.. I noticed he did not play in game 1 that Canada won ..then I checked the Canadian roster listed for the tournament thinking they held him out in game 1 to view some other hopefuls as perhaps they had an overabundance of guys trying for a spot...But since Sikura wss not on the tournament roster listing on team Canada ;I guess he never went over to Finland for this tournament. ..So what gives?Did he get injured prior to the tournament? I have heard no news on this..but it is strange there was a press release stating that Sikura was 1 of 2 players not currently playing on euro teams who Hockey Canada invited to their pre-Olymoic squad to show their stuff at the Karjala Cup ..

Again if he got invited to go ,why is he not there?I will check to see if he is in the Northeastern lineup tonight for their game with B.U. If he is not there and also not in Finland for the Karjala Cup tournament then he has to be injured ..if he is playing for Northeastern tonight,what happened regarding the announcement that he would be at the Karjala Cup per the press release in late October?

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I just checked. ..Sikura is NOT in the lineup for Northeastern tonight..So 8f not on the roster fir Canada at the Karjala Cup nor playing for Northeastern tonight,I surmise he must have gotten injured or sick prior to Canada listing its final roster for tge Karjala Cup at tournament start time on Nov.8th.

So either he got sick or injured prior to leaving Northeastern to fly to Finland where Team Cana daxwoukdvassemble (because most big their squad already in Europe so most of their players would not need to flybfrom North America to Finland) ...OR he got injured in some practice with Team Canada before the tournament began...ir got I'll before the tournament began bit had already flown to Finland ...so go injured or I'll there and so not on the tournament roster? I am onlyvsurmisibg..but it does apoear that has some he INJURY or ILLNESS tgat occurred cat the worst posdible time to make his Olympic bidvforva spit on Cabada's team!

I have heard no news about this ..so I merely surmise this is what happened. .. BUT maybe the Karjala Cup rules alow for a fluid roster during the tournament? IF thatv is the case,then he could still be added for games Cabada has yet to play ...perhaps they just kept him out of game 1 amd tge Roster for the tournament was just Canada's opening roster for the 1st game? I have heard no news on the situation. .so alk I can do is guesswhat might have happened.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No it is definite..on the Hockey Canada website they show the roster they named for the Karjala Cup and Sikura is not on it..but also not playing g for Northeastern tonight...so he has to be injured or sick which occurred sometime between October 27 (the press release that he was invited by Hockey Canada to the Karjala Cup games ) and close to Nov.8th when the Karjala Cup games started..

Bottom.line..he got injured or I'll and socould not be named to that team..the questionnus:how serious is this injury /illness ?Whatever it is? 1 OR A FEW WEEKS? OR something more serious?

Anyone with more info on this story?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On the bet I found an article from the Boston Globe dated Nov.4th talking about how Sikura woukd be playing for Team Canada at the Karjala Cup in a few days (started Nov 8th)..so whatever happened...illness or injury must have happened on the 5th or 6th or 7th ..because as I said ,Sikura is not on Team Canada's roster at the Karjala Cup ..nor is he playing for Northeastern tonight ..but I can find no news But what did hapoen with him...Strange. There should be done news on this..So very strange ...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rockford getting hammered 5-0 after 2 periods tonight at home ...San Antonio scored 4 (on 8 pps) pp goals !!!!Rockford 0-2 pn it's pps (San Antonio has only 3 penalties through 2 ...Rockford has 8 ...Clearly tge Rockford pk having problems. .still 8 penalties in just 2 periods is a recipe for disaster ...Rockford has 31 minutes in penalties through 2 period. ..includes a 10 min .misconduct for Svedberg for abuse of an official after he got called for unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (2min) .. so he sat for 12 minutes (but he probably was justified at his unsportsmanlike conduct at 8:2min of the 2nd was the 7th penalty on Rockford already in the fame ...31 minutes in total penalty time to Rockford to just 9n mons for San Antonio ..and syill 1 priodvto GP. ..UGLY game on the Rock!

Last edited:

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
i read in the toronto star the other day.that they where playing 2 other players ahead of sikura at the tournament.Must be trying out different players.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But he is not on the Karjala Cup roster for Canada ...so if tgey did being him over not to pkay then for what?To see him just in practices? Of course he is not going to displace the big guns for Canada ...KHL star vets like Matt Ellison,Gilbert Brule and Woytek Wolski ..

Obviously he us nit bettervtalentbho them else he would be in thevteam...I guess tat he did not displace some of the lesser role vet Euro pros who are Canadian on that team is ,however ,surprising unless he got injured in practice just before the tournament started ,in which case tgey are keeping him around just to soak up the atmosphere?

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
If you were sikura,would you sign with this shit show?I think we have a good chance of losing him.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
If you were sikura,would you sign with this **** show?I think we have a good chance of losing him.

Just can the ****head HC. That would get rid of at least half of the stink. (Those albatross contracts with NMC though...)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you were sikura,would you sign with this **** show?I think we have a good chance of losing him.
Seriously? Will Butcher went to NJD, who, while a team on the up and up, will likely not be a legit contender anytime soon. Vesey passed on the Predators to sign with a NYR team that was likely on a downswing. Kerfoot signed with Colorado.

These guys want an opportunity. In a lot of cases, they'd rather be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Not to mention we have his brother playing in Rockford. Be a dick move on his part if he passed on an opportunity to either play in the NHL or with his brother in Rockford, simply for the chance to maybe make it in a different organization's NHL team a season later.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They could promise Sikura a shot at playing with Toews pn line#1 ...because neither Saad nor Panik is a playmaker ..That Saad was going to get Toews more points is being proven wrong...yes Saad on pace for 32 goals ..but his goal scoring pace dropped way off after the first couple of games ..so if tgectrend ofvthe last dozen or so games holds as tge truer story then Saad will tail off from reaching over 30 goals..Saad has only 3 assists in 18HP ...hardly a set up guyvforvanyinevelse on the line. ..He never in his career has gotten over 29 assists a season.And Panik is not a great playmaker either. .So logically you woukd put Sikura at RW to set up Toews and Saad or Toews and Panik (Sikura plays RW at Northeastern so Panik would be at LW if Saad on another line). SO any othervteams's going after Sikura if he decides to go free agent cannot do a better offer moneyv-wise (it woukd be the same limited rookie entry amount for salary and bonus) nor coukd they offer more than a top line (as Toews line us always drsignated even though he now is a disgrace as a 1C "star)...I suipisevif EDM called and promosedvtompkay with with McJesus ..or maybe if Buffalo called amd promised him a spit alongside Richelieu. ..Maybe those offers trump a chance to play with the "great" Toews..or maybe NJ with alk their talented kids is the pace to ride an up escalator ..But tge Hawks woukd give hom a chance to star ..I mean if he can resurrect Toews from the crap -pile then he can sell Chevy cars too ...right?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
BTW...saw a tweet about the Sikura injury on a Northeastern tweet site ....soneone tweeted he was "day to day" (this was a Nov.11th tweet ) ..so he must have got injured shortly on or after Nov.4th where tweets said he was going to Europe for the Karjala Cup which started Nov.8th ...but obviously he coukd not go due to injury so Team Canada replaced him gor tgat tournament...nor coud he play from when he got tgeinjury through last week-end in Northeastern games ...So "day to day " now shoukd mean he will be back in for Northeastern perhaps fir next week-end ?

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
They could promise Sikura a shot at playing with Toews pn line#1 ...because neither Saad nor Panik is a playmaker ..That Saad was going to get Toews more points is being proven wrong...yes Saad on pace for 32 goals ..but his goal scoring pace dropped way off after the first couple of games ..so if tgectrend ofvthe last dozen or so games holds as tge truer story then Saad will tail off from reaching over 30 goals..Saad has only 3 assists in 18HP ...hardly a set up guyvforvanyinevelse on the line. ..He never in his career has gotten over 29 assists a season.And Panik is not a great playmaker either. .So logically you woukd put Sikura at RW to set up Toews and Saad or Toews and Panik (Sikura plays RW at Northeastern so Panik would be at LW if Saad on another line). SO any othervteams's going after Sikura if he decides to go free agent cannot do a better offer moneyv-wise (it woukd be the same limited rookie entry amount for salary and bonus) nor coukd they offer more than a top line (as Toews line us always drsignated even though he now is a disgrace as a 1C "star)...I suipisevif EDM called and promosedvtompkay with with McJesus ..or maybe if Buffalo called amd promised him a spit alongside Richelieu. ..Maybe those offers trump a chance to play with the "great" Toews..or maybe NJ with alk their talented kids is the pace to ride an up escalator ..But tge Hawks woukd give hom a chance to star ..I mean if he can resurrect Toews from the crap -pile then he can sell Chevy cars too ...right?

Choice of Toews, McDavid, or Eichel? LOL, I know who I won't pick.

And that "Saad effect" on Toews stuff has to be the most hilarious "fearless prediction" of the year, because I didn't need the help of hindsight to predict it ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad