Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So maybe Colliton isn't some genius head coach that will be replacing Q soon? Rockford is falling hard lately. Lost 8-1 last night.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
People were absolutely talking about him coming in here in the next year or so.

Next year or so, sure, people have speculated that possibility. But based on your post I was assuming you were inferring before this season is over. If you're talking next year or the year after, using a sample size this small to make that kind of projection and argument is rather silly, quite honestly. Unless it was underlined with some sarcasm.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Next year or so, sure, people have speculated that possibility. But based on your post I was assuming you were inferring before this season is over. If you're talking next year or the year after, using a sample size this small to make that kind of projection and argument is rather silly, quite honestly. Unless it was underlined with some sarcasm.
I wasn't being completely serious.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lots of ups and downs in a season. Even the best coached teams are gonna have an off night and get smacked around every once and awhile. Sullivan's Pens on Blackhawks opening night are an example.

Even in the 8-1 loss, the Hogs still outshot Manitoba 48-36. I'm going to assume it had more to do with goaltending than coaching.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lots of ups and downs in a season. Even the best coached teams are gonna have an off night and get smacked around every once and awhile. Sullivan's Pens on Blackhawks opening night are an example.

Even in the 8-1 loss, the Hogs still outshot Manitoba 48-36. I'm going to assume it had more to do with goaltending than coaching.
They are a struggling hockey team right now. 4-5-1 in their last 10. Went from 1st in the division, to 4th in short order. Hopefully it's just growing pains for a young team.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Good lord.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But now that they won 2 in a row after the 8-1 loss,does this mean Collison is back in the great coach category?

THE Icehogs are not going to win every game ...they usually out shoot teams .But really they have had mediocre goaltending ...amd some nights other teams get better goaltending despite getting out shot by tge Icehogs.. No way you can blame Collison for goaltending issues .

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Chad Krys not on Team USA world Juniors ...surprised ?Has 14 points in 17 GP but I guess they saw the -4...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
A lot of talking heads on twitter seem to think Krys got robbed of a roster spot. They think there is no way he isn't a top 10 JR Dman.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Little surprised about Krys but nothing shocks me with USA Hockey anymore. Pretty good D group, in fairness. Still surprising.

I'd look for Ian Mitchell to be on Canada's radar next year.

Reactions: BK and migi

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Little surprised about Krys but nothing shocks me with USA Hockey anymore. Pretty good D group, in fairness. Still surprising.

I'd look for Ian Mitchell to be on Canada's radar next year.
Hopefully it spurs him on to do even better, like DeBrincats rejection pushed him to prove the USA Hockey wrong.

Reactions: Blue Liner

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have only seen a single game of Krys this season. Looks like he is kind of putting it together.

Anyone seen Adam Fox play?

Wouter Peeters? Stats are meh but I haven't seen anything other than stats.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have only seen a single game of Krys this season. Looks like he is kind of putting it together.

I’ve seen Harvard in person. Adam Fox is good.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Peeters has been up and down. He's been a little bit better than his numbers would say but there's some inconsistency there. Still adjusting to North America in all facets. Would like to see a bit more out of him. USHL is a tighter defensive league so I'd like to see his numbers and play improve given that, but I suspect they will. He's on a good team too so it's not like he's not getting a lot of help. I think he's still a solid G prospect but he's somewhat of a project and a ways out from being a pro.

Fox has been really good. I'd have loved to have had him in CHI's system.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Filip Pešán interview: Dvacítka startuje! Když bude forma a chemie, myslíme na medaili, tvrdí Pešán | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje
Chytil is ready, join the team at 13 december. Also Klouček will join the team after World A Challenge.

Edit:
Also his word about Jakub Galvas: I like Jakub for long time, he's growing into great defensman. I will rely on him a lot. He's getting lot of minutes, playing the most important moments of game. In Extraliga. In such young age! We should thank to my colleague Zdenek Venera, that he give him that time in his age. I will definitely use it.
Take the translantion lightly.
Last edited: Today at 3:57 PM
Maluk11, Today at 2:29 PM Report
110 Like + Quote Reply
czechcanadian likes this. Just in case some haven't read the WJC threads.
Also, that's the WJC Czech coach speaking of our PRIZED Czech d-man who is going to be named to the WJC all star team!!

Another tidbit, the Galvas family is kinda' Howeish in that Jakub plays on the same team as his father at 38 and has an uncle who is 42 and is still playing as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Filip Pešán interview: Dvacítka startuje! Když bude forma a chemie, myslíme na medaili, tvrdí Pešán | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje
Chytil is ready, join the team at 13 december. Also Klouček will join the team after World A Challenge.

Edit:
Also his word about Jakub Galvas: I like Jakub for long time, he's growing into great defensman. I will rely on him a lot. He's getting lot of minutes, playing the most important moments of game. In Extraliga. In such young age! We should thank to my colleague Zdenek Venera, that he give him that time in his age. I will definitely use it.
Take the translantion lightly.
Last edited: Today at 3:57 PM
Maluk11, Today at 2:29 PM Report
110 Like + Quote Reply
czechcanadian likes this. Just in case some haven't read the WJC threads.
Also, that's the WJC Czech coach speaking of our PRIZED Czech d-man who is going to be named to the WJC all star team!!

Another tidbit, the Galvas family is kinda' Howeish in that Jakub plays on the same team as his father at 38 and has an uncle who is 42 and is still playing as well.
many thanks of all this.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Jumps in his game? How was his zone coverage? So hard to tell in the stats.
Defensively he was rough in the corners but quick to pucks, sometimes would look to make a quick play too high in the zone and leave the front of the net open.

Had a tough time with size in front. He was matched against Middlestadt’s line most of the night and played well.

He can defend the speed game well with his gap and skating, but physical he can get overmatched.

Offensively he has an excellent wrist shot and can get it through, good first passer, good skater. If he can develop more strength I could see him being a bigger, slightly better version of Torey Krug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad