Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Cannot wait for WJC...

Denisenko is my guy for the Hawks in this draft. Just find a way to get him. He's that good. He won't make Russia cause Bragin brings nobody that young, but I think he could be a Panarin like player, he's that dynamic.

Polodyan is another Russian I've been keeping tabs on and watching in my spare time. He went undrafted, really a player I would like to see us sign/draft (idk the rules). Quick, great hands, great shot. Him and Altybarmakyan play on the same MHL team, so its easy to watch them. Polodyan sometimes looks like the best player on the ice for either team.

Hate to be on some kind of Russian hype train, but there is so much untapped potential over there and they still haven't figured out how to scout it right.

Jacob Ragnarsson is my low-key guy I been looking at. Dual USA/Sweden citizen over in Sweden. 18, playing in the Allsvenskan. Super high hockey IQ. Makes all the little plays. Plays for Altuma so way less exposure compared to other guys. Might not even get drafted. He's my next Forsling.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Denisenko is another shrimp LW ...5'10 165 ...Maybe he adds weight but you cannot assume he spurts I height...Also not lighting up the NHL. ..also wide disparity of opinion on him...as high as#10 to #44 (Craig Button list Nov.14th)...pass on him

I think we alk know Hawks need to draft another top center candidate if posdible..it may depend on how high or low (later ) in round 1 we draft as to whether the value of Centers their when we draft is better than some other position or not ..

Having said that ..I am very intrigued by #30 on Craig Button's List (Nov 14th) ..Swedish prospect ALBIN ERIKSSON ...Big 6'4 205 (already) 17 yr old LW with a July birthdate ...so still could get even bigger.but not just size is goid...Looking at videos of his goals ...love the way he can rush by Dmen and take it to the net and finish..Also goid hands..goid shot . I just have an "it" feeling he could be a big star.. True...not playing against men..only against Juniors in Super Elite...but still ..lol at the video highlights of his goals ...he looks fast and has finishing skills.
Button has him at #30 but probably only cause he is not yet playing in Alksvenskan or SHL like some bothers. .this should not be a problem ..considering tge size speed and finish g he shows on the eye test ...I know we need more Center prospects in the pipeline ..but I would not ignore a Big LW with the ability I see on those videos ...

We do not have a 2nd or 4th rounder..I would imagine we go goalie for our 3rd rounder ...

Maybe Stan trades someone for another pick...

My sleeper pick is Jere Jokinen a 6'2 170 RW who is undervtgevradar a bit because he only plays in the Junior B league in Finland ...while it is true that level.of competition is not nigh ,I no that this 17 year old kid has always shown a proficiency to score in every youth league he played in ...he has a history of showing he knows how to score a lot ...Also the scouting reports I found on him are very complimentary to him as far as skill shot and good speed ...so a bit of a sleeper as few major scouting orgs pay much attention to Junior B league prospects ..
But thise I Finland who report on prospects do mention him ..so some have noticed him...Intesting to see where Central Scouting ranks him on their verify list and against all other Finnish prospects ..

Round 1 is loaded with very goid Dmen prospects..but our pipeline has plentynifvth9se ..We need forwards...especialky Centers ..but again..I am not averse to taking wingers with some size and scoring ability if the Center targets Stan would like to get are gone when out turn comes to pick....

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But Denisenko is another shrimp LW ...5'10 165 ...Maybe he adds weight but you cannot assume he spurts I height...Also not lighting up the NHL. ..also wide disparity of opinion on him...as high as#10 to #44 (Craig Button list Nov.14th)...pass on him

I think we alk know Hawks need to draft another top center candidate if posdible..it may depend on how high or low (later ) in round 1 we draft as to whether the value of Centers their when we draft is better than some other position or not ..

Having said that ..I am very intrigued by #30 on Craig Button's List (Nov 14th) ..Swedish prospect ALBIN ERIKSSON ...Big 6'4 205 (already) 17 yr old LW with a July birthdate ...so still could get even bigger.but not just size is goid...Looking at videos of his goals ...love the way he can rush by Dmen and take it to the net and finish..Also goid hands..goid shot . I just have an "it" feeling he could be a big star.. True...not playing against men..only against Juniors in Super Elite...but still ..lol at the video highlights of his goals ...he looks fast and has finishing skills.
Button has him at #30 but probably only cause he is not yet playing in Alksvenskan or SHL like some bothers. .this should not be a problem ..considering tge size speed and finish g he shows on the eye test ...I know we need more Center prospects in the pipeline ..but I would not ignore a Big LW with the ability I see on those videos ...

We do not have a 2nd or 4th rounder..I would imagine we go goalie for our 3rd rounder ...

My sleeper pick is Jere Jokinen a 6'2 170 RW who is undervtgevradar a bit because he only plays in the Junior B league in Finland ...while it is true that level.of competition is not nigh ,I no that this 17 year old kid has always shown a proficiency to score in every youth league he played in ...he has a history of showing he knows how to score a lot ...Also the scouting reports I found on him are very complimentary to him as far as skill shot and good speed ...so a bit of a sleeper as few major scouting orgs pay much attention to Junior B league prospects ..
But thise I Finland who report on prospects do mention him ..so some have noticed him...Intesting to see where Central Scouting ranks him on their verify list and against all other Finnish prospects ..

Round 1 is loaded with very goid Dmen prospects..but our pipeline has plentynifvth9se ..We need forwards...especialky Centers ..but again..I am not averse to taking wingers with some size and scoring ability if the Center targets Stan would like to get are gone when out turn comes to pick....

You have a hard-on for size more than anyone I have ever seen.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

Because it worked out so horribly last time Stan drafted the shrimp winger that fell because of his size, huh? :rolleyes:

Reactions: BK and Blue Liner

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hogs and Wolves play tonight at 7 on UTOO I believe if anyone wants to check it out before or during the Hawks game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We already have Altybarmakyan and Shalunov coming ...ETA probably after 2 more seasons ..do not need another Russian ..or Russian winger ...Because when AA Contract expires after 2. More seasons can they or will they re-sign hom with a raise?Will they need to dump the Toews contract under 1 of 2 likely compliance buy -outs...Stan nerds to draft Centers ...Certainly in 2019 and 2020 drafts ...Of he can get a really good Center this draft (depend what slit we draft ...top half ...by mid to late bottom half the nest C candidates usually off the boa Rd and wingers might be a better value proposition as to what remains.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We dont even know if the Russians we have will ever even make the NHL, but since we have 2 Russian prospects who needs a potential next Kucherov, or Panarin.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Polodyan is talented. I mean look. Teams spend picks on talentless former players kids, why not just grab this kid up? Also plays with Altybarmakyan, went undrafted last year.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Was salivating at Polodyan during Can/Rus series as well.

If Manukyan could be got, would like to sign as well, don't care if he's 5'1. He really came on as the series got older and saw how he put up those numbers in the MHL or whatever the Russian Jr league is called.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
DENISENKO has a long way to go before he gets to Be a Kucherpv or Panarin..but just to remind you...Kucherpv was notva first rounder ...only a 2nd rounder and Panarin was undrafted...Yes it can happen that stars come from later than round one or sometimes even layer maturing undrafted players...but there is NO CONSENSUS that Denisenko is some kind of automatic lock for a first rounder. .as I said he bus as high as #10 on 1 scouting org 's list but others have him late first or even as low as #44 (Craig Button in his Nov. List) ...So I think there are other higher more consensus guys Stan woukd pick before risking on Denisenko . AGAIN ...if there is a group of targets Stan has for near the slot we pick at and there is a Center still available from that group of 5 or 6 targets he expects could still be on the board when we pick...then everything else being equal ...if the rebus no clear cut BPA dare not pass up ,then take the Center first ahead of the other positions among that group of 5-6 candidates we are considering g could be taken near pur pick slit..It is very hard to identify clear BPA guys after the first 12 maybe 15 picks..after that you usually consider aboutv6-6:afterlmkostcequal values..afterlmkostcequal if there bis a position your pipeline is not deep in and a kid who plays such a position is indeed among the 5-6 options you think still could be there ...you should fill the pipeline nerd.

Often when the Hawks drafted late first,tge best Center prospects were already gone off the board.. So naturally there would be more Dmen amd wingers one would consider better values than the centers remaining. ..if we draft 12-15 or better maybe we get a crack at grabbing ga good centre who us top half of tge first round consensus ..But draft higher than 25th and chances are tge centers remaining may not be as goid a bet as some kid from the deep crop of first rounder Dmen of this draft crop..or some wingers we have as targetsnear our pick slot.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
DENISENKO has a long way to go before he gets to Be a Kucherpv or Panarin..but just to remind you...Kucherpv was notva first rounder ...only a 2nd rounder and Panarin was undrafted...Yes it can happen that stars come from later than round one or sometimes even layer maturing undrafted players...but there is NO CONSENSUS that Denisenko is some kind of automatic lock for a first rounder. .as I said he bus as high as #10 on 1 scouting org 's list but others have him late first or even as low as #44 (Craig Button in his Nov. List) ...So I think there are other higher more consensus guys Stan woukd pick before risking on Denisenko . AGAIN ...if there is a group of targets Stan has for near the slot we pick at and there is a Center still available from that group of 5 or 6 targets he expects could still be on the board when we pick...then everything else being equal ...if the rebus no clear cut BPA dare not pass up ,then take the Center first ahead of the other positions among that group of 5-6 candidates we are considering g could be taken near pur pick slit..It is very hard to identify clear BPA guys after the first 12 maybe 15 picks..after that you usually consider aboutv6-6:afterlmkostcequal values..afterlmkostcequal if there bis a position your pipeline is not deep in and a kid who plays such a position is indeed among the 5-6 options you think still could be there ...you should fill the pipeline nerd.

Often when the Hawks drafted late first,tge best Center prospects were already gone off the board.. So naturally there would be more Dmen amd wingers one would consider better values than the centers remaining. ..if we draft 12-15 or better maybe we get a crack at grabbing ga good centre who us top half of tge first round consensus ..But draft higher than 25th and chances are tge centers remaining may not be as goid a bet as some kid from the deep crop of first rounder Dmen of this draft crop..or some wingers we have as targetsnear our pick slot.
i can see that you have done a lot of good work here. but no offense meant, with these prospects, including the college ufa. i still really trust SB and his staff opinions on this subject. granted like last yr, i was all for getting, as an example the FOO kid. the younger brother the hawks drafted. it appears as he got sent to the minors. this doesn't mean he is a lost cause, it just mean and it proves that SB and his staff did the right thing.

so i trust SB and his opinions in this area.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Jacob Ragnarsson is a guy that I hope this staff is on so badly. Isn’t gonna be at the world juniors this year so his exposure will be lower. Plays in the Allsvenskan so he also won’t be overly scouted. I’ve seen 4 of his games and he was far and away the best player on the ice most shifts. He’s son of former NHLer. A solid 2way guy so far, pretty advanced offensive instincts for a guy his age too.

I haven’t even heard if he’s gonna be drafted. He doesn’t have a prospect thread on the main boards. @StanBowman this is my audition. If he hits, hire me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Liner

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Nalimov (and other top prospects of Vladivostok) has been bought out. Wonder if he decides to come over right now?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Nalimov (and other top prospects of Vladivostok) has been bought out. Wonder if he decides to come over right now?

Apparently Hawks are interested in the other Tkachyov, the one who was in NA already. Scott Powers tweeted this in that Nalimov news and mentioned about it in Athletic article which I cant see. This Tkachyov: Vladimir Tkachyov

Admiral is buying him out too so free lottery ticket. He doesnt have to go through waivers because ELC deal yes?

He is very skilled winger but what I've seen of him, I cant see him as regular in NHL. But yes, go after him.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Saw the IceHogs tonight:
1. I had written Dahlstom off as a prospect but he looked good tonight. Very confident and involved.

2. Kampf looks like an NHLer. Can't say any other IceHog forward does. Highmore/Kero/Johnson look like interchangeable 4th liners. Jurco is a perimeter player with good hands but I don't see much else.

3. I don't like their PP units. 5 forwards on 1 and 3D in an umbrella formation. Not a fan bc people are being put in unfamiliar places.

4. Rockfords D spacing is really strong. Grand Rapids had some difficulty entering the zone bc they were aggressive on the blue line.

Overall... Great game... I'd waive Sharp and recall Kampf.

Reactions: BK

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Saw the IceHogs tonight:
1. I had written Dahlstom off as a prospect but he looked good tonight. Very confident and involved.

2. Kampf looks like an NHLer. Can't say any other IceHog forward does. Highmore/Kero/Johnson look like interchangeable 4th liners. Jurco is a perimeter player with good hands but I don't see much else.

3. I don't like their PP units. 5 forwards on 1 and 3D in an umbrella formation. Not a fan bc people are being put in unfamiliar places.

4. Rockfords D spacing is really strong. Grand Rapids had some difficulty entering the zone bc they were aggressive on the blue line.

Overall... Great game... I'd waive Sharp and recall Kampf.

How is Snuggy doing? He didnt play yesterday though.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
how would you guys rank your top 10 as of today? curious where sikura and shalunov would fit.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
As far as I’m concerned, Shalunov shouldn’t be ranked at all. He had his chance to come over this year, could’ve been a positive add, roster wide open, and he declined. F him.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
As far as I’m concerned, Shalunov shouldn’t be ranked at all. He had his chance to come over this year, could’ve been a positive add, roster wide open, and he declined. F him.

He has a pretty good chance at an Olympic gold medal... id probably want that before giving the NHL a go if I could

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Kayumov scored today
And a primary assist to go along with Altybarmakyn's primary assist.

Galvas looked pretty solid for Czech too.

Excited to see Jokiharjui go at it with Canada in a bit. Really glad I have some time off these next few days to load up on the WJC!

Reactions: TLEH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad