Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First of all, Edmonton and Buffalo couldn't call until, what, mid August 2018? Hawks could offer him a deal in March if his college team is eliminated quick enough. Not to mention he'd burn a ELC year by signing with us this season.

And his brother is playing in Rockford. Dylan would look like an ass if he turned his back on the organization that gave his brother, who was a free agent signing for Rockford, a chance to continue playing. Especially if there is any doubt in his mind that he may wind up in the AHL for at least part of the 18-19 season; because if he feared that result, he'd at least get to play with his older brother in Rockford for a bit.

Some of you people...:facepalm:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
If anything, I'm assuming Sikura is licking his lips looking at how he can easily slot in on the third line this season and maybe play with a dynamic goal scorer like DeBrincat.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Nalimov has done very well for himself in the KHL this season. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in Rockford in the next year or two.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
:huh: Thats not horrible.

It's not horrible but there were a lot of people around acting like he was the next coming of Christ and given that hype some placed on him that's not exactly breaking down the door production.

For the record,he's a nice player and could have a role on this club at some point but some major game breaker he is not.

Reactions: TheDoorDoctor

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Also I have some inside in the winterhawks. So I'll try to get the details on H.Joki beyond just watching his games
I watched a few of the Prospect days in person... really didn't think much of H. Joki... he was "OK"...

D guys who stood out were Ian Mitchell and Snuggy.
Mitchell- thinks and anticipates at a very high level... made him seem so much faster than everyone else... Guy is tiny - though

Great to see H.Joki putting up crazy Numbers in WHL...

Speaking of Small... Galvas was about 10 feet away from me speaking with Rosey for a long time... I was thinking "who is this teen age kid"... finally caught his Name (in Marker on his tee-shirt)... shocked that kid was a D man/Draft pick... looked about 145Lbs.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Yeah a lot of people got really worked up over Fortin because he played well in a couple preseason games while he was still trying to earn a contract as a free agent invite.

Said it at the time and it still holds true now, Fortin tops out as a third liner in the NHL. Nothing wrong with that especially since he didn't cost anything but at the same time nothing to get too hyped up about.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watched the North Dakota at Denver game last night which Denver lost 5-4 ....Blake Hillman and Ian Mitchell were a pairing on D for Denver...Mitchell got 1 assist on a Denver PP goal ...Hillman and Mitchell where also used on the pk as well as the pp ...but on the pk they switched positions with MITCHELL playing LD ...on the pp Hillman played LD when paired with Mitchell ...at evens it seemed Hillman played LD when paired with Mitchell but played RD when paired with someone else...Denver used Hillman a lot wuth some extra shifts toowith other D men than Mitchell ...

As a pair ,Mitchell and Hillman were on for only 1 of the 5 North Dakota goals scored on Denver ...it was at evens...so tgey both finished at -1 ..but that goal was not either of their faults. .The Denver goalie simply had a bad night after a good first period..he gave a big rebound that a North Dakota forward banged in beating his check with hustle ti get to the net as the rebound was hapoening...Hillman and Mitchell were just defending the initial shot which was routine but their goalie was fighting g the puck and let a juicy rebound go into the slot where the hustling North Dakota forward banged it in. BUT that guy who snuck into the slot was not tge che kibg responsibility of tge Dmen ...he was l to go there by the Denver centre who shoukd have been checking him and preventing him from getting to that spot in anticipation of any rebound...so that that is why I do not hold Hillman or Mitchell of any fault on that North Dakota score... Denver led the game 3-1 after a dominating first period..then they stopped attacking in the 2nd till late third and North Dakota kept scoring to take a 4-3 lead but Denver tied it late 3rd only to see North Dakota snatched victory with just a few minutes remaining ..
Hillman was credited with 3 shots on goal but probably had another 3-4 shots blocked. .He does not seem to have a great point shot or even one that can get through much ...Hillman is more a solid defensive D'man who can outlet and pass the puck out of his zone well but his use is probably another depth defenseman in the 5-7 category if he makes it to the show ...Mitchell though might develop into a top 4 guy with special ability on the pp. .not so much in the point shot. .but in uncanny ability for anticipating where the puck will go..this allows a lot of keep ins and and ability to read how plays will develop ...he xoukd be an excellent pp QB to be a focal point for directing tge pp attack ...he also has very unpredictable movement all over the course e during a pp and so gets to open spots with time to find open guys to pas to forvobe-timers or plays at the net ...I also like his defensive battle and compete level ..and he skates beautifully and passes beautifully ...The one lack I see with Mitchell is again a common lack we have with so many of our Dmen prospects. .the missing "great" point shot .. but I guess one cannot get everything in a prospect ...they all have things they do well and lack other skills that other teams seem to find in some of their draftees on D...

Reactions: dougd

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I haven't heard much about Fortin in Rockford. Anyone have an update on how he has looked?
Went to 1 Hog game a few weeks ago... Fortin was MIA...
Kampf spoon fed him - for easy one timer- wide open net... Fortin wiffed.

Kampf and Hino- were the two most noticeable... but Kampf did have one Horrible give away... I really thought Kampf could/should get a chance after Camp for Hawks... but after that give away- I had 2nd thoughts.

Dahlstrom- was decent on the D side... nothing great- but seems to stay out of trouble, and Jumps into rushes at the right time like TvR used to.

Might go to game tonite

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
CHL Power Rankings: Top performances from the CIBC Canada/Russia Series - Sportsnet.ca

Altybarmakyan ranked the 6th best performance of series.

6. Andrei Altybarmakyan (Team Russia Game 2, November 7 in Swift Current): It became clear why the Chicago Blackhawks used their third-round pick to procure Altybarmakyan in the 2017 draft. A smaller skilled player who played hard every shift, Altybarmakyan never backed down from a challenge. His third-period goal brought Russia all the way back from a 3-0 deficit, and while shorthanded just two minutes later, he assisted on Mikhail Maltsev’s short-handed, game-winning goal.

Reactions: LDF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad