Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The NHL new style?You mean actually working up a sweat force consecutive periods?Directly the opposite of Country Club Q and his tolerance of lazy bad habits ...Colliton is infusing energy enthusiasm fun and purpose ...but Q is as fat -cat as his fat-cat washed up vets.But ....of course,
we all know some other team will hire Colliton before MCD has the cojones to fire Q.

It is 1 thing to be out-talented but quite another to be out-worked the majority of a game almost every game and be sloppy unfocused and undisciplined and un-motivated..that stuff IS on coaching.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The NHL new style?You mean actually working up a sweat force consecutive periods?Directly the opposite of Country Club Q and his tolerance of lazy bad habits ...Colliton is infusing energy enthusiasm fun and purpose ...but Q is as fat -cat as his fat-cat washed up vets.But ....of course,
we all know some other team will hire Colliton before MCD has the cojones to fire Q.

It is 1 thing to be out-talented but quite another to be out-worked the majority of a game almost every game and be sloppy unfocused and undisciplined and un-motivated..that stuff IS on coaching.
ref the bold, the new style of the nhl is hardly any goonery that was prevalent in the old school hockey.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But the Piggies came back SAT. night to win 4-3

So they split 2 games on the weekend...But now they play again to ight (Tues. Eve. on Halloween) ...

Question: Hoghmorebisnlistedxas LW and Kampf RW
..are they playing those positions?

Thought they woukd be grooming Kampf as a C....

Highmore usually played RW IN juniors but took draws as a pk player ...so I always thought they might also try to groom him as a C..

I know they are using Luke Johnson at C.
But who then are they playing at the other 3 centre spots and what are the line combos of the 4 lines at Rockford?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
But the Piggies came back SAT. night to win 4-3

So they split 2 games on the weekend...But now they play again to ight (Tues. Eve. on Halloween) ...

Question: Hoghmorebisnlistedxas LW and Kampf RW
..are they playing those positions?

Thought they woukd be grooming Kampf as a C....

Highmore usually played RW IN juniors but took draws as a pk player ...so I always thought they might also try to groom him as a C..

I know they are using Luke Johnson at C.
But who then are they playing at the other 3 centre spots and what are the line combos of the 4 lines at Rockford?
God I would love to see that on the back of a jersey.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I guess I should pay more attention to who is playing which position. Kampf is playing C. I know that much.
Or maybe I just think I know that and I'm lying. My brain isn't working very well today.
Johnson and Sikura are C's. so that leaves 2.... I'm pretty sure Kampf is.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Jokiharju has looked good so far and Mitchell has 4 pts in 6 games so far.

Rather excited to if Ian Mitchell can turn out to get as good as I think he can.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone think HJokiharju (RD) JTuulola (LD) could be big factors in Hawks D one day?.

Jokiharju is 6 foo1 185 poundish, has had a impressive 2nd season so far for the Winterhawks
17 points (5 goals) in 15 games,+20.
top 5 in the WHL d-man scoring

Tuulola is 6 foot 3 198 pounds,was really solid defensively last season (+17),
in a new team (Vaasan Sport)has found his offensive touch; 13 points (3 goals) in 21 games,+3.
top 5 in the league d-man scoring

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Anyone think HJokiharju (RD) JTuulola (LD) could be big factors in Hawks D one day?.

Jokiharju is 6 foo1 185 poundish, has had a impressive 2nd season so far for the Winterhawks
17 points (5 goals) in 15 games,+20.
top 5 in the WHL d-man scoring

Tuulola is 6 foot 3 198 pounds,was really solid defensively last season (+17),
in a new team (Vaasan Sport)has found his offensive touch; 13 points (3 goals) in 21 games,+3.
top 5 in the league d-man scoring

I dont see it in Tuulola. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jokiharju in the other hand is made for this league. He was very noticeable in his preseason games. Very good skater, good passing, good shot and ist small body. He screams NHL-talent for me.

And given he is RD which we dont have a lot in our prospect pool, he has the road open.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I dont see it in Tuulola. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jokiharju in the other hand is made for this league. He was very noticeable in his preseason games. Very good skater, good passing, good shot and ist small body. He screams NHL-talent for me.

And given he is RD which we dont have a lot in our prospect pool, he has the road open.

I actually believe in Tuulola,he is a slow developer,not that he is old (turns 22 January 1st)
but he has taken giant leaps in development this and last season.
- he has improved his physic,his skating,overall..,much better player what he was 2 years ago.

I'm thinking he can be to Hawks what Esa Lindell is to Dallas,at least i hope so.

Sure Jokiharju is clearly the better of the two,but i have faith in Tuulola too.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
My viewings of Tuuola are very limited so it's hard to say for me. Agree with BK on Mitchell though. I think he's got a pretty high ceiling.

Speaking of which just looked at his stats and Mitchell has 5 points in 7 games as a freshman defender in the NCAA. Not too shabby for an 18 year old

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ryan Shea with 3 more assists tonight for Northeastern...The Soph D-man now has 8 points in 8GP (all assists).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Attention Hawks fans in Canada:

AA #2 (Andrei Altybarmakyan) is on Team Russia for the CIBC Canada Russia Super Series and the games as usual will be televised in Canada ...The Series is a bit different this year in that they are starting the first 2 games out West against WHL squads of Canadian players ...In other years they would start in the East against QMJHL squads of Canadian players then the next 2 games in Ontario vs OHL squads then finish the last 2 games against WHL squads..

The of the series starts tomorrow night (Nov.6th) ...do not know if any of the games are available to U.S. viewers,though I cannot see why there would be any interest in the U.S. unless you are a hockey fan of an NHL team with drafted players playing in the game .But for us Canadians we can see the games ..and I will report my impressions of AA#2 and also of any undrafted players who will play in the games .

As I said...the first game of the series starts Monday November 6th at 7pm CST in Moose Jaw (Saskatchewan) ... Americans I think can watch on streaming service but you pay for that ...check out the website for the CIBC Canada Russia Super Series for details.

All games in the Series will be televised in Canada on Sportsnet in English and on TVA in French.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Who makes up the AHL schedule ?Ridiculous 3 games in 3 nights .for Rockford. .Thurs Fri and Sat this week ! Ridiculous !

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Who makes up the AHL schedule ?Ridiculous 3 games in 3 nights .for Rockford. .Thurs Fri and Sat this week ! Ridiculous !

At least you are complaining about something new...

I would bet it has to do with travel costs and overall budgets.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray c

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So..watching the Canada Russia Super Series Game 1 ...The WHL squad is up 1-0 after 1 period.. I think Rusdiavgasvonly 5 or 6 shots on Carter Hart in tge Canada bet..but all of them grade A chances ...they had 4 break-away and 1 break rush and 1 Russian missed an open net when Hart out of position..3 of the 4 brake ways for Russia came on the PK ..The WHL has outshot them but not as many quality scoring chances ..Team Russia took several penalties .. (4 times the box ,if I recall correctly) so they got into. Penalty trouble for at least 8 monutes of them period. ..Still they got 3 breakaway chances off that ...Mikhail Malts ev a NJ 4th rounder was very impressive on the PK including his breakaway and causing g another breakaway ..Our draftee ANDREI
ALTYBARMAKYAN did not get a lot of shifts due to the 4 penslties (he does not play PK )but he had 2 goid attack rushesvatvthe net (1 a wrap around attempt off the rush) Then on his first shift of the 2nd period..he almost scored ...again off a speed rush ...The Russians are rolling 4 lines as is the WHL so there are less shifts for the more talented players to display their stuff ...

WHL scored again. .up 2-0 ....again bit lucky. .deflected off Mathew Phillip's skate..but hecwas at tge crease...traffic at crease and you get such goals.

ALTYBARMAKYAN had a deflection chance of his own but Hart made the save .

So 2-0 for WHL mid-way in the 3rd.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
WHL scores again ..up 3-0 ...A WHL player won a battle through checkers and took it direct to the net ...rebound banged in by Kole Lind for his 2nd of the game .. WHL up 18-8 in shots on goal so far ..9:40 remaing I 2nd as I type this .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
ALTYBARMAKYAN gets another speed rush and decides to shoots but it hits Jake Bean in first 1 ankle then bounces off the other ankle and he has to hobble off the ice with 2 guys having to lift him on either side to help him get off the ice after play stopped .

THEN Russians go into a several minute span of domination in thebo-zone pililung up several shots on goal..but none go in.They upped thebpresdure and looked like a different team ...finding their legs. .but Hart held the fort in the flurry of shots at him ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
WHL scores again. .now 4-0...A point shot off balance gets deflected in..Then another late goal ..so 5-0 WHL ...2nd period now over .

WHL out shooting Rusdiav25-15 ...
Tge story though is that if Carter Hart had not stopped thev breakaways Russia had in the 1st period and had not held the fort in thatv monutes of Rusdia keeping then puck and firing shots in the 12 -17 monutes section of period 2 ..it coukd have been a vastly different game. .But then WHL survived that pressure and scored those late 2 goals to make notva laughervatv5-0 with 1 period to go.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Despite the score ALTYBARMAKYAN has been perhaps the most dangerous Russia player 5x5 ....He has real good speed amd can common the wall to take bit to the net or hog it around the top out bat the blue line then direct in another attack from there ..he also seems to battle and check better than Kane or Panarin despite being an attack type player ..I think there is some real potential here for cab player who can get the puck and make both north/south speed cushes and plays off the wall ..and he looks more combative in puck battles than Kane and Panarin ..so there looks to my eyes like he could be a very good player for us in future..But did not see his shot ..so cannot tell if he can score on those ...He can generate chances though ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
BTW ...I was pronouncing ALTYBARMAKYAN as ALTY-BAR -MAKYAN ...but the tv announcer calls him ALTY-BARMIKAN ...do not sure which isvthe correct pronunciation. .

NOW 7-0 for the WHL ...I think that was the 1st shot on the new goalie .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad