Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So after hardly playing in the first 2 weeks of the AHL season it gets more compacted with a slew of games up cong for Rockford 6 games in 9 days I believe ..crazy schedule. .

We have not had a real chance to get our farm guys into a groove with such a sparse few games over the opening 2 weeks ..but now we should get a better idea of what Rockford will be and who if any excels to the intended of a call up in a month or two ..

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If somehow you could have Toews, Kane and Keith on both teams: The Rockford Ice Hogs and the current Blackhawks. Which team would be better by year's end?? Just sayin'

Okay, it would still be the Blackhawks but my point is: Why are Bouma and Wingels playing ahead of all these talented prospects.... and will that change by Christmas. I certainly hope so.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The plus of so few games the first weeks is that Snuggy didn't miss too many games

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sikura 4GP 5G 10Pts

Guys crushing it
True..but he is a Senior now...It would be nice if our other draftees in college also were "starring" ...of course freshmen
..especially d-men ...Probably are not expected to star right out of the gate in their first year of college
.and it is early..but so far none of our d-men prospects of any class have gone spectacular ....but IF Stanbo and Kelley had taken my draft advice per my posts pre-draft on these boards and drafted Max Gildon (who I wanted as a first rounder till so many convinced me to go with the pundits who ranked him as a late 3rd to mid third rounder and also our need for RS RD ...well Jokiharju was a good first round pick considering both his ranking as late first material and our particular needs...but I still felt that overall Gildon was the BPA ...I thought he was as good as any top ten projection from that draft ...And what has he done as a freshman in just 5 GP with New Hampshire? 5 GOALS already and 1 a +7 ...a spectacular start to his college career and Dale Tallon is beaming as they got him at #66. SO I am waiting for our 2nd rounder ...Ian Mitchell to impact for his team (Denver) cause we bypassed BIG 6'3 GILDON to take another small PMD ...yes again Mitchell is a RS RD and GILDON is a LS who played RD with the USA u-18 team last spring in their Gold at the World u-18 ..BUT I just liked how Gildon defended one on one bu easily shoving guys off pucks and that to me he skated well for a big strong D-man but what separated him from probably everybothervd-many I the draft was that howitzer shot from the point that he gets on net .and beats goalies with. .this is a very special ability that so few d-men have ...they y come along rarely .I wanted that ..so far looks like I was correct ...He us blasting pucks past goalies ..gonna be special in that department. .On not going to be a great set up D'man but if you want string defending plus a great shot from the point. .that is an asset few have ..Yesvutbiscearly. .but so far looks like my assessment was bang on. .I do not know how many college hockey freshmen startedxatcacgoal avgame pace and more than a point a game over their first 5 games in college.Still it is early ..so we shall see..but IF he continues with a spectacular freshman season and if Mitchell does not shine as much..then I will come back and second guess why Stan and Kelley could have not grabbed him instead with our 2nd rounder. .I know the strategy was to load up on RS Dmen ..but what goidvisca RS if A LS beats goalies at a vsleryvspecial pace?Anyway for now Tallon is laughing at tge other GM'S for missing the boat whennutvwascevident tj8d guy has a very special shot from the point. ..so rare because it is so good. anyway I saw the potential and it looks like it has impacted college hockey already ... I said Gikdon was scratching his surface and could become a real star ..So we shall see if this is just a good start whether he really does become an impact star .He had 2g 1a after 4GP and had a Hatty ladt night ..Anyway gain ..very rare that any NCAA D-man of any class gets a Hatty. THE SHOT ..it is all about that special hard accurate point shot ..I doubt anyone can keep up the pace of a goal a game let caliber a freshman..but with that shot and him getting stronger as he matures..one cannot rule itbout ...New Hamsshire has started 5-0 ..so he has a good team to help him keep up his scoring...usually teams ease in rookies..but it appears they are using him in a key role already .Again it is early..so we shall monitor and see..Hopefully our 2nd rounder Mitchell by year end starts impacting bug for Denver ..that would make me feel better..but I really thought we should have grabbed Gildon when he still was on the board at our late 2nd round pick .I hope when it comes time to leave college and enter the NHL that we made at least an equal pick with Mitchell to impact a game and not have blown the pick instead.But this will only be known a few years down the line. ..drafting is a crap -shot. ..yes.but when you see a guy with a special SHOT ,I think you must grab the opportunity ...Goaliescarectoo goidctovstop ordinary shooters
.you should look for special shooters.I saw that in Gildon .I wanted bust get him .Alas DalecTallon is the bone beaming right now.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Mathias From seems to be off to a good start - 4 points in 7 games in the SHL. He has already matched his point totals from last year in the SHL, in 26 less games.

Reactions: BK

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Söderlund has also five goals and one assist in 11 games. Playing in bottom 6.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Good to hear.
for me, i will admit i was all against signing sharp and thought that hino should be give another try... i still see the possibility of hino playing a 3rf mostly a 4th line.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
for me, i will admit i was all against signing sharp and thought that hino should be give another try... i still see the possibility of hino playing a 3rf mostly a 4th line.
Fiddy, is that you?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
surely that is a jest.....why would you think of something like that ??
The 3rf instead of 3rd. The lack of capitalization. The need to always have a bunch of periods to separate sentences. Just gives off a Fiddy vibe.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
The game in Milwaukee is the best I've been Vinnie play so far this year.
I'll have another recap post of weekend hockey. But he looked good.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The 3rf instead of 3rd. The lack of capitalization. The need to always have a bunch of periods to separate sentences. Just gives off a Fiddy vibe.
this is my style of posting from way back. ref to 3rf yeah that was a mistake and if i do not reread my post, there is plenty of typo's. i rarely use cap's in my writing, which i seem to always piss of some posters on that point. my ... is a nasty habit that i got into many, many yrs. i rarely seen anyone who does that was well. i need to be more observant.

i hope you believe me but i assure you that i am not Fiddy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
this is my style of posting from way back. ref to 3rf yeah that was a mistake and if i do not reread my post, there is plenty of typo's. i rarely use cap's in my writing, which i seem to always piss of some posters on that point. my ... is a nasty habit that i got into many, many yrs. i rarely seen anyone who does that was well. i need to be more observant.

i hope you believe me but i assure you that i am not Fiddy.

I'm just f***in' with you man. The similarities are there, but I don't know why Fiddy would make two accounts just to post the same exact way (that dude knows proper grammer and punctuation, he just chooses to act like he doesn't here).

esp if what a previous rpt on his last game, if he did make some attitude adjustment

I figured he'd get over it eventually. The first week or so was always going to be the hardest for him after being sent back down.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
There is only 1 Fiddy...me ..only 1 account.. So If someone also makes typos ...I guess they are also using a small keyboard on the smartphone ..it happens that fat fingers can hit the wrong letter or number and the darn guessing mechanism that inserts words before you finish typing cause problems that need later edits too.....for instance,pn the ladt "too" the phone typed "top"...I caught it and corrected it ..but anyway...if typos are sins to you ,they are at least not as sinful as Q allowing Hartman to be on line 2 tp mess up possesion because he cannot receive a pass properly on his stick ..it infuriates how many attacks mess up and die when he does this. .Seabrook's sins are too numerous to repeat again.. Q 's pp is garbage sinful..I could go on forvTeam smoke and mirrors ...But of course we always are "a work in progress" ..So in comparing the irritation of typos and gobbledygook strings of letters making no sense which is there from the smartphone software and not what was intended to be typed to tge sins of Q's "work on progress" ,I think you could be more tolerant of typos than you ought to be tolerating the sins of some of our NHL professionals as they put in time in the show wearing the Indianhead.

Reactions: Sens

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There is only 1 Fiddy...me ..only 1 account.. So If someone also makes typos ...I guess they are also using a small keyboard on the smartphone ..it happens that fat fingers can hit the wrong letter or number and the darn guessing mechanism that inserts words before you finish typing cause problems that need later edits too.....for instance,pn the ladt "too" the phone typed "top"...I caught it and corrected it ..but anyway...if typos are sins to you ,they are at least not as sinful as Q allowing Hartman to be on line 2 tp mess up possesion because he cannot receive a pass properly on his stick ..it infuriates how many attacks mess up and die when he does this. .Seabrook's sins are too numerous to repeat again.. Q 's pp is garbage sinful..I could go on forvTeam smoke and mirrors ...But of course we always are "a work in progress" ..So in comparing the irritation of typos and gobbledygook strings of letters making no sense which is there from the smartphone software and not what was intended to be typed to tge sins of Q's "work on progress" ,I think you could be more tolerant of typos than you ought to be tolerating the sins of some of our NHL professionals as they put in time in the show wearing the Indianhead.

If we tolerated as many mistakes as you have typos we should expect our Hawks to be 2-80 team (there are random posts without mistake once a year). Sorry but your typos are just you being too lazy to fix something easy to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille