Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Good game in rkfd tonight. Vinnie didn't look good though. Highmore was on fire. He and Kampf looked really good.
Gus needs to go.
Iacopelli has a great shot but didn't notice him much. Berube is full of highs and very lows.
Raddysh is okay. Seems to always be on the ice.

Highmore/Hino showed good chemistry in camp. Are they playing together now?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Vinnie, Dauphin, Kampf was the first line I believe.

Vinne with more of a don't give a f*** attitude on the ice. Honestly, he is looking like McNeill last year and actively hurting plays every time he is out there. He whiffs on every puck, passes to dead zones, or just loses the puck.

Highmore has been the best player, hands down. Kampf has been reliable and less flashy than Highmore. Only two games in (at home) but they both get in there deep on the forecheck and actually outwork the opposition. I am loving the addition of these two so far.

Gus can go.

Raddysh had a nice play on the first goal tonight. Kept the puck at the blue line then zipped it past the goalie. Still seems like he is out there every shift. Really noticable (sometimes in a bad way, but he's a rookie).

Glass, Vinnie, Gus - hot garbage.

Sveddy - About the same.

Dauphin had 2 goals. He does a lot of things right.

Pokka is just Pokka. He should probably get a look at the NHL, but idk where or when that would happen.

Sikura is okay. But only okay.

I'm going to need more time to form opinions on other players.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Vinnie, Dauphin, Kampf was the first line I believe.

Vinne with more of a don't give a **** attitude on the ice. Honestly, he is looking like McNeill last year and actively hurting plays every time he is out there. He whiffs on every puck, passes to dead zones, or just loses the puck.

Highmore has been the best player, hands down. Kampf has been reliable and less flashy than Highmore. Only two games in (at home) but they both get in there deep on the forecheck and actually outwork the opposition. I am loving the addition of these two so far.

Gus can go.

Raddysh had a nice play on the first goal tonight. Kept the puck at the blue line then zipped it past the goalie. Still seems like he is out there every shift. Really noticable (sometimes in a bad way, but he's a rookie).

Glass, Vinnie, Gus - hot garbage.

Sveddy - About the same.

Dauphin had 2 goals. He does a lot of things right.

Pokka is just Pokka. He should probably get a look at the NHL, but idk where or when that would happen.

Sikura is okay. But only okay.

I'm going to need more time to form opinions on other players.
is hino improving ??

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
unless he is trying to force SB in trading him.

Just ask for a trade at that point. Don't actively hurt your team but playing like shit.
I really like Vinnie, and it's upsetting to see him playing like this. I hope its just a slump or something.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Just ask for a trade at that point. Don't actively hurt your team but playing like ****.
I really like Vinnie, and it's upsetting to see him playing like this. I hope its just a slump or something.
however as a fan we really don't know the banter between players and management unless someone spills the beans.

however i can see your point on the slump.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just ask for a trade at that point. Don't actively hurt your team but playing like ****.

Maybe he's emulating Patrick Kane.

Seriously though, I haven't seen him play since being sent down but he certainly looked downtrodden in the interview I saw when he first arrived in RFD. Hino strikes me as someone who doesn't give up. He'll be back to his normal self before long I reckon.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe he's emulating Patrick Kane.

Seriously though, I haven't seen him play since being sent down but he certainly looked downtrodden in the interview I saw when he first arrived in RFD. Hino strikes me as someone who doesn't give up. He'll be back to his normal self before long I reckon.

I think we all forget sometimes that these are guys are kids. Schmaltz was not happy either but he turned it around so I think Hino will do the same. JC will have an impact on this as well.

Hino should be up for Bouma (I like Wingels game so far) or Schmaltz when he is hurt.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I'm guessing he's playing the way he is because he expected to be on the opening night roster, and got disappointed when Hayden ended up there instead of him.

I thought he should have been here over Bouma or Wingels. Guess that likely isn't going to happen unless there's a major injury to one of em, though. Q loves his vets on that fourth line to a fault.

If I had to guess... the Hawks package Hino up into a trade at some point this season. Just the feeling I have from the entire situation. Seems like they have so many players in the pipeline that can be him or more. Kampf, Sikura, Highmore, Fortin, Bondra, Iac, Dauphin, etc.

There's too many kids, and not enough spots.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Does Highmore project to be anything at the NHL level? I see he is doing well thus far in the A.
He projects as a bottom 6 forward who can PK. Kid has good speed and is a bit scrappy, but probably doesn't have the talent necessary to be in the top 6 (unless he was a passenger on a line). We got him for free, so if he turns into any sort of NHL talent, it's a win.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
outside the prospects that have graduated, Schm, D-cat..... is there any prospect that is projected to be a top 6 forward ??

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
outside the prospects that have graduated, Schm, D-cat..... is there any prospect that is projected to be a top 6 forward ??
Sikura could be. Shalunov would be if he ever decides to sign with us. Hayden could turn into a guy who can play in a top 6. Fortin also has the ability to be a middle 6er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->