Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But how can the AHL make Rockford sit around for a whole week without playing a game after their opener ...then scheduke a grueling stretch of 6 games in 9 days from Oct 20th thru 28th that tgey must've duress? This is crazy..They win the opener 4-0 then probably lose their edge to rust by not playing for a whole week..then later 8n the month they face the 6 in 9 hell....gonna get tired by the last few games of that .It is inhuman to schedule like this.

Reactions: TorMenT

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I just subscribed to The Athletic and I must say I am very impressed by their Hogs coverage so far. If you're looking for a good way to stay current with the team I'd think about subscribing.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

Blackhawks’ prospect Dylan Sikura is off to a blazing start for NCAA Northeastern. He had five points in two games against Sacred Heart, including two goals in the first 9:31 of the second one. “He’s ready for the NHL now,” said one scout.
A senior, Sikura was taken 178th overall in 2014. He can choose free agency after the season, although Chicago smoothly signed his brother, Tyler, now playing for AHL Rockford. The Canadian Olympic team was watching Sikura last weekend. He is from Aurora, Ont.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

Blackhawks’ prospect Dylan Sikura is off to a blazing start for NCAA Northeastern. He had five points in two games against Sacred Heart, including two goals in the first 9:31 of the second one. “He’s ready for the NHL now,” said one scout.
A senior, Sikura was taken 178th overall in 2014. He can choose free agency after the season, although Chicago smoothly signed his brother, Tyler, now playing for AHL Rockford. The Canadian Olympic team was watching Sikura last weekend. He is from Aurora, Ont.

Good to see. Just keep feeding that pipeline, Stan. Always a good thing to have too many good prospects.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I also thought he looked NHL ready at prospect camp. Really hope we can get him signed before the playoffs.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Is he playing as C or winger?

We have spot for him either way in our top-9 and don't have to trade anyone. He might not be ready this year yet but next season? Yes.

18-19 Hawks

Saad - Toews - Panik
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Kane
Sharp - Anisimov - Sikura
Hartman - Dauphin - Hayden

:popcorn:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Is he playing as C or winger?

We have spot for him either way in our top-9 and don't have to trade anyone. He might not be ready this year yet but next season? Yes.

18-19 Hawks

Saad - Toews - Panik
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Kane
Sharp - Anisimov - Sikura
Hartman - Dauphin - Hayden

:popcorn:

Pretty sure Sikura is a C.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I also thought he looked NHL ready at prospect camp. Really hope we can get him signed before the playoffs.
if i remember correctly i was talking about signing him and promise him a spot at season end 2 yrs ago.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He's been mostly a Wing in college. He was a Center in junior. I think he's listed as W/C officially and has had spot duty there but is mostly a Wing and everything I've seen is the Hawks project him and like him best as a winger.

Reactions: migi

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Played RW last season. .Not sure if he played any LW..did not play C on college nor do I think he would be used there for us (ASSUMING he signs with us )...He can dangle...like when Havlat first cane to the NHL in Ottawa ..But tge games I saw of him last season did not indicate any defensive greatness..so he has a lot to learn about that at the pro level ..but he can put up the points offensively.

Reactions: ray c

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of interest to Canadian posters to this board TSN will again show sone NCAA Men's Hockey games start g in November and right thru Regional and The Frozen Four...

Northeastern and Sikura will appear at least 5times ,And Boston U. (Chad Krys)will appear at least 6 times ...extra if either or both are in The Beanpot Championship game which they also will televise..Denver has at least 4 games televised and Motte Dame appears at least 3 times ,Wisconsin 3 times and Penn Station 2 times...so we can follow Hawks prospects on these teams...of course if these teams go on to their Conference playoffs and then to Regional some of these will be on TV again with more appearance. and TSN will also televise Frozen Four games..So hopefully we have sone prospects playing in those.

The TSN scheduke kicks off Nov 12th with Northeastern vs.Notre Dame TSN 2...so we get to see Sikura vs. Gilbert right off the hop. ..Northeastern is back again Nov.27th against UMASS-LOWELL on TSN1.
You can watch BU and Chad Krys in 2 games in November...Nov 13th vs.Prividence on TSN2 and against Michigan Nov 20th on TSN2.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I cotrected my post above. ..Northeastern will be on at least times and BU at least 6 games on the TSN NCAA hockey coverage...Of course if either or both are in the Beanpot Championship game then that is an extra time one or both will be on...And tgey will be on a gin if in their Conference Final and then again if in the Regional play downs and of course if on to the Frozen Four.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Good game in rkfd tonight. Vinnie didn't look good though. Highmore was on fire. He and Kampf looked really good.
Gus needs to go.
Iacopelli has a great shot but didn't notice him much. Berube is full of highs and very lows.
Raddysh is okay. Seems to always be on the ice.

Reactions: TorMenT

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Is Sikura Hobey Baker eligible? Guess he is a good candidate?

He needs to be signed.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Good game in rkfd tonight. Vinnie didn't look good though. Highmore was on fire. He and Kampf looked really good.
Gus needs to go.
Iacopelli has a great shot but didn't notice him much. Berube is full of highs and very lows.
Raddysh is okay. Seems to always be on the ice.

Thanks CD50

Can you add to that Report? I am a big fan of Both Highmore and Kampf...
I thought Kampf should have made Hawks out of camp. I also liked Knott's improvement from past year.

I think Hawks good dump/trade AA and put Kampf right in as an Upgrade at much lower hit... giving SB $$$ to get another asset.

Please add details on all 3 if you can.

thanks

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Henri Jokiharju with another goal and 2a yesterday in Portland's 5-4 win over Kelowna in the WHL...Now 4G 7a for 11 points in 8GP and +14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->