Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If Slaggert makes it for the Ducks game, he could potentially play up to 17 games this season.

He'll get a good amount of reps in prior to his offseason training.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ello

Jun 12, 2018
The first real or extended opportunity Nazar had with Brindley and McGroarty was after the WJC when the light went off in the head of the Michigan coach after seeing the chemisty between Nazar, Howard, and Brindley. Nazar had 4 goals and 7 assists in the 6 games after the Worlds.
Yea and then he stopped producing so was taken off the line since?

Nazar’s a fine prospect and maybe I’m just not seeing it but if he were any other teams prospect I don’t think we’d be particularly impressed by what he’s done since his draft year. 37 pts in 36 games is good for 6th on his team. We need star forwards and star forwards generally produce likewise as prospects. Tired of making excuses for our prospects middling production. Why couldn’t Nazar just have put up like 55 points this year? Many of his peers are in that range of production

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Nazar’s a fine prospect and maybe I’m just not seeing it but if he were any other teams prospect I don’t think we’d be particularly impressed by what he’s done since his draft year. 37 pts in 36 games is good for 6th on his team. We need star forwards and star forwards generally produce likewise as prospects. Tired of making excuses for our prospects middling production. Why couldn’t Nazar just have put up like 55 points this year? Many of his peers are in that range of production
Now you're moving the goal posts. Which poster here has declared Nazar to be a star forward?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Our 13th overall pick isn't a "superstar"... oh well. Good thing the Hawks have Bedard from the following Draft, if they were to win the ping pong ball lotto this year they'll in all likelihood have both F1 and F2 locked in for at least a decade. Lots of room for players to make meaningful contributions up and down the lineup after that. College production is good but it's not an end all be all. Everyone wants to panic but people should realize the massive starting advantage that comes with having an F1 in place which is the most frustrating roadblock to get passed and requires the most luck to fill (look at Detroit who missed the Playoffs for seven years with some hardcore tank ones in the there and nothing to feel super confident about in that respect). Every other forward spot is pushed down becomes relatively easier to fill out. The '24 Draft hasn't even happened yet and the '25 Draft will in all likelihood be another with a really high end pick and extras in the first two rounds.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Certainly hasn’t been perfect this year. But I’m pretty confident he can put up 35 NHL points next year. Not like his usage this year was focused on point production. He barely played PP1. They also won more when he was taking matchups so their coach did that rather than deploy him for points. When he played with Brindley and Rutger they scored more but the team lost more.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nazar lost alot of his development time as a Freshman. While he is technically a Sophomore, he really isn't as far as development. That's why there's still talk he should go back his junior year because of the lost development time and let him be the main guy offensively even with certain talented guys leaving.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Nazar lost alot of his development time as a Freshman. While he is technically a Sophomore, he really isn't as far as development. That's why there's still talk he should go back his junior year because of the lost development time and let him be the main guy offensively even with certain talented guys leaving.
Just rather get him in the system and away from Naurato.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Just rather get him in the system and away from Naurato.

I agree to an extent. I don't think he'll be in the NHL next season like some do. I think the Hawks let him start in Rockford which in my opinion would be the right move. If Nazar didn't miss time his freshman year, I think he would be NHL ready and not need Rockford or college.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I agree to an extent. I don't think he'll be in the NHL next season like some do. I think the Hawks let him start in Rockford which in my opinion would be the right move. If Nazar didn't miss time his freshman year, I think he would be NHL ready and not need Rockford or college.
I think he COULD play NHL minutes next year and be fine. But I am also more than happy to have him in Rockford.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
4 major junior forward prospects are graduating into Rockford. It could be a bit crowded if Nazar is there too. Wouldn’t mind him doing another year of college.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Believe only three Ludwinski, Hayes and savoie?
Who do have as the fourth?
Misiak is a late 04.

Two second and two third round picks, so all should hopefully get an opportunity for ice time.

And don’t necessarily want a whole forward group of 20 year olds. Need some vets to teach them how to be pros and give support throughout the lineup, imo.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Misiak is a late 04.

Two second and two third round picks, so all should hopefully get an opportunity for ice time.

And don’t necessarily want a whole forward group of 20 year olds. Need some vets to teach them how to be pros and give support throughout the lineup, imo.
Misiak might play another year in the Chl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad