Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
So is Nazar hurt or just not as good as we'd hoped? Might not even crack a point a game this season and is really falling behind McGroarty and Brindley statistically, its not like he doesnt have help. Also weird that he's a -6 when most forwards are pluses and Rutger and Brindley are like +20

We NEED an impact top line forward from this year's draft.
He was good in the Team USA summer camp as well as the World Jrs. Like Rinzel and Moore he was on a roll returning to the NCAA after the World Jrs. A month ago, I saw no reason for the Hawks not to sign him after the season ans burn a year of his entry level contract.

Last night and last weekend he was not on a line with McGroarty and Brindley. For a time after the Worlds, he was on the 1st PP unit but that's not the case over the past couple of weeks. I kind of take exception to the to the "it's not like he doesn't have help" as Nazar is not running with the big boys at Michigan.

Four minutes into the 2nd period last night he had an ass kicking shift that did not result in points. He took a big hit to make a play in his zone and in the third he drove hard to the net. He scored an empty net goal by beating ND defenders down the ice but it was whistled for icing(Bad call).

He doesn't seem injured but that's hard to determine from my vantage point. A possibility is that he's being asked to play a role to alleviate a lack of depth that Michigan seems to have.

Larmer83

May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Moore with his worst post-World Jrs performance last night. Not a sniff of a scoring chance and not even a decent set-up for a teammate. He missed a pass to Brodzinski by two feet, forgot the puck on a zone exit, and just plain whiffed on a couple of passes. I look for a rebound game this afternoon.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
He was good in the Team USA summer camp as well as the World Jrs. Like Rinzel and Moore he was on a roll returning to the NCAA after the World Jrs. A month ago, I saw no reason for the Hawks not to sign him after the season ans burn a year of his entry level contract.

Last night and last weekend he was not on a line with McGroarty and Brindley. For a time after the Worlds, he was on the 1st PP unit but that's not the case over the past couple of weeks. I kind of take exception to the to the "it's not like he doesn't have help" as Nazar is not running with the big boys at Michigan.

Four minutes into the 2nd period last night he had an ass kicking shift that did not result in points. He took a big hit to make a play in his zone and in the third he drove hard to the net. He scored an empty net goal by beating ND defenders down the ice but it was whistled for icing(Bad call).

He doesn't seem injured but that's hard to determine from my vantage point. A possibility is that he's being asked to play a role to alleviate a lack of depth that Michigan seems to have.
He's been given opportunities to play with McG and Brindley on a line post WJC and yea also PP1 time and always seems to play himself off of those lines/units. He wasn't given PP time at the WJC either (at least in medal rounds that I watched), despite being one of the older players on the team, so it doesn't seem unique to Michigan and their coach to keep him off the power play.

I appreciate the effort and compete from his part but we really need to see him take the reigns and produce at this point. Frankly given draft slot, expectations and age, him and Brindley should really have their roles reversed but Brindley's just proven himself over and over again

Reactions: WindsorHawk

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They need to just get Nazar out of Michigan at this point. Sometimes a coach will never give certain players a chance, and that seems to be the case for Nazar. It’s been like that since day 1 for him. From what I’ve seen, he’s still played well despite what some call a “lack of points”

ello

Jun 12, 2018
They need to just get Nazar out of Michigan at this point. Sometimes a coach will never give certain players a chance, and that seems to be the case for Nazar. It’s been like that since day 1 for him. From what I’ve seen, he’s still played well despite what some call a “lack of points”
Is there any actual history of a top 15 NHL first round pick not getting enough ice time in college/junior because of coaching bias and not their own lack of production lol

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
He's been given opportunities to play with McG and Brindley on a line post WJC and yea also PP1 time and always seems to play himself off of those lines/units. He wasn't given PP time at the WJC either (at least in medal rounds that I watched), despite being one of the older players on the team, so it doesn't seem unique to Michigan and their coach to keep him off the power play.

I appreciate the effort and compete from his part but we really need to see him take the reins and produce at this point. Frankly given draft slot, expectations and age, him and Brindley should really have their roles reversed but Brindley's just proven himself over and over

Larmer83

May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

I appreciate the effort and compete from his part but we really need to see him take the reigns and produce at this point. Frankly given draft slot, expectations and age, him and Brindley should really have their roles reversed but Brindley's just proven himself over and over again
The first real or extended opportunity Nazar had with Brindley and McGroarty was after the WJC when the light went off in the head of the Michigan coach after seeing the chemisty between Nazar, Howard, and Brindley. Nazar had 4 goals and 7 assists in the 6 games after the Worlds.

Reactions: Giovi and Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Just to sum up Kantserov had 1 g 1a (primary) in the Magotogorsk 3-2win today...They lead 3-1in their playoff series and need justc1 more win to advance to quarter finals ...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7977.jpeg

Slaggert watch begins

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Michigan wins and the season ends for Notre Dame. Captain Slaggert getting hugs from his teammates as they leave the ice. Nazar was very good in the third. I counted 5-6 face-off wins. Clean wins, no loses. Played with pace and made some nice passes. Driving his line.
But he didn’t produce a billion points against a crappy team though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Nazar despite 1 (secondary assist) was Again a -1 and AGAIN only generated 1 shotvon goal....that is Not good enough (again) to merit promotion to turn oro after this season...He needs another season in college to prove to us he can be a key difference-maker and show us more goals and production at that level as a top 2 guy at least for his team before trying the NHL or AHL pro levels.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Are they goibgvtovsign Slaggert immediately or let him finish school by writing Final Exams to graduate (unless he already graduated by taking done summer extra courses ?).

Usually the drafted kids once their team eliminated and no more eligibility are signed immediately or very shortly ...but still you wonderxabout beibg so close to graduation...Maybe they reserve hos final student work and Fian Exam s for hom to complete this summer after hosvprp schrculectubsvits course?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad