Rumor: All Purpose Phil Kessel Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Okay but that’s just not smart in my opinion.

Kessel has 3 years left on his deal, and there’s no reason to think he’s going to drastically fall off in that time frame. 6.8 mill for a ppg player is an absolute steal in today’s NHL, every GM would love to have that kind of guy.

The 14th pick probably won’t help the Yotes for at least 2 seasons, and there’s a very very small chance he turns out to be as good as Kessel.

Chayka is entitled to that option if he wants, but if I’m an AZ fan and he lets Kessel slip through his fingers I’m pissed
I’d pay the 14 and more.

Reactions: Toby Flenderson

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Same. Just thinking the Pens could be really backed into a corner here if Zucker gets traded to Vancouver or Calgary or one of the many teams he’s been offered to.
if they have to keep Kessel, they keep Kessel.

(this part is not directed *at you* for what it's worth)
a disgruntled Kessel is still likely a better hockey player than a lot of the returns HFBoards posters would offer for him. i guess that's up to the Pens to decide, though.

rt

May 13, 2004
if the Coyotes didn't really want Kessel, they should nut up and tell JR that they're not interested. seems like they'd rather waste his time.
Here you go buddy. This is nonsense and nothing in the Custance article supports it. Just admit this was a dumb take and move on.

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Here you go buddy. This is nonsense and nothing in the Custance article supports it. Just admit this was a dumb take and move on.
I'm not your buddy and i am not going to bend over for you just because i held more stock in what Custance wrote than you did.

from now on, nobody should ever speculate on anything without peer-reviewed sources straight from the mouths of NHL team employees.

additionally, your Kessel offers were absurdly lopsided (in other words, insultingly bad offers that did absolutely nothing for the Pens) and if JR accepted any of those returns for Kessel he should be fired on the spot.

Reactions: Puck You Too

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm not your buddy and i am not going to bend over for you just because i held more stock in what Custance wrote than you did.

from now on, nobody should ever speculate on anything without peer-reviewed sources straight from the mouths of NHL team employees.

additionally, your Kessel offers were absurdly lopsided (in other words, insultingly bad offers that did absolutely nothing for the Pens) and if JR accepted any of those returns for Kessel he should be fired on the spot.
Nope. Just point out where Custance supports the nonsense I quoted. Or just admit it’s nonsense.

domaug

Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Nope. Just point out where Custance supports the nonsense I quoted. Or just admit it’s nonsense.
it's not his exact words, it's my interpretation of his words. i have said this multiple times.

you think my interpretation of what he wrote is me aggressively pushing this rumor as a bonafide fact.

all because i said i thought Chayka was playing hardball and the Pens shouldn't deal with him. jeez... fine, he isn't playing hardball, he is such a swell guy, are you happy now? I'm sorry i offended you, this was all a ploy to rile up a stranger on the Internet.

rt

May 13, 2004
it's not his exact words, it's my interpretation of his words. i have said this multiple times.

you think my interpretation of what he wrote is me aggressively pushing this rumor as a bonafide fact.

all because i said i thought Chayka was playing hardball and the Pens shouldn't deal with him. jeez... fine, he isn't playing hardball, he is such a swell guy, are you happy now? I'm sorry i offended you, this was all a ploy to rile up a stranger on the Internet.
It wasn’t a ploy. It was a completely open attempt to curb a nonsense narrative that was catching on for no reason. I was clear and open the entire time. No ploy. I obviously wasn’t offended and mentioned I’d fire Chayka today if I could. I’m not a fan of his.

Anyway, I think this is about cleared up. The “nut up” post was dumb but you’re a good poster. Even when you seemed to get bent out of shape that I thought Kessel is worth roughly picks 15+75 versus picks roughly 15+45. As if splitting those hairs is reason for outrage.

Look, you’re the one who’s been sarcastic and lobbing ad homenims. So please don’t pull the sensitive routine on me. It’s embarrassing.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Paul Byron
Jeff Petry
Artturi Lehkonen

:pens

Phil Kessel
Olli Maatta

This if Montreal actually signs Karlsson like rumors state. Replacing Petry with Karlsson.

I know it add more scoring to the Habs which they need and it could be really interesting. Especially if they can pull Duchene with Karlsson.

Domi Duchene Kessel
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Thompson Shaw
Peca

Mete Weber
Maatta Karlsson
Kulak Folin
Juulsen

Reactions: Trade

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Paul Byron
Jeff Petry
Artturi Lehkonen

Phil Kessel
Olli Maatta

This if Montreal actually signs Karlsson like rumors state. Replacing Petry with Karlsson.

I know it add more scoring to the Habs which they need and it could be really interesting. Especially if they can pull Duchene with Karlsson.

Domi Duchene Kessel
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Thompson Shaw
Peca

Mete Weber
Maatta Karlsson
Kulak Folin
Juulsen

Pens add cap. They need to shed some.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
He is locker room toxicity, don't ask me how I know... =/ Yes, Phil has a deadly snipe, but his 200 ft game blows, he is a stubborn person with regard to taking the coaches advice, is a crybaby... yeah. gooooo philly cheese-steak go! lolz

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal

Paul Byron
Jeff Petry
Artturi Lehkonen

Phil Kessel
Olli Maatta

Domi Duchene Kessel
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Thompson Shaw
Peca

Mete Weber
Maatta Karlsson
Kulak Folin
Juulsen
Replace Petry with a 1st and I'd do it.

Reactions: Trade

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Some names that come to mind (that have been mentioned to be on trade block)... could maybe work as a basis for a deal, give or take a little:

Hoffman
Saad
Zucker
Galchenyuk
J.T. Miller

Not saying both sides agree either, just ones from an unbiased point of view that “could work” with some tweaking.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Some names that come to mind (that have been mentioned to be on trade block)... could maybe work as a basis for a deal, give or take a little:

Hoffman
Saad
Zucker
Galchenyuk
J.T. Miller

Not saying both sides agree either, just ones from an unbiased point of view that “could work” with some tweaking.
I would trade Kessel for Hoffman. I would want a + for Saad. I’m mehh about Zucker. I would trade him for Galchenyuk. Tampa would not want Kessel, a 3 way deal would have to happen but id like Miller as a return

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

Paul Byron
Jeff Petry
Artturi Lehkonen

Phil Kessel
Olli Maatta

Domi Duchene Kessel
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Thompson Shaw
Peca

Mete Weber
Maatta Karlsson
Kulak Folin
Juulsen
That is awful for the Pens. Why do we need a RHD? And we swap Kessel for a pair of under achieving forwards? Yikes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Paul Byron
Jeff Petry
Artturi Lehkonen

Phil Kessel
Olli Maatta

Domi Duchene Kessel
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Weal Thompson Shaw
Peca

Mete Weber
Maatta Karlsson
Kulak Folin
Juulsen

I’d probably do this as a Pens fan.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’d pay the 14 and more.
Why? If we bring in Kessel it’s because he’s pegged to be “the guy”. Our superstar. He’s already proven, at a younger age I might add, that he’s not the guy to carry the offensive workload. I will agree that he is probably the best complimentary winger in the game today. But we don’t have that primary guy to carry the load that will allow Phil to do his thing. He will fail here, that I have no doubt about.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Just published: “I think that’s the way things are headed at this point in time,” Rutherford told The Athletic. “I expect Kessel will probably play for Pittsburgh next season.”

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Just published: “I think that’s the way things are headed at this point in time,” Rutherford told The Athletic. “I expect Kessel will probably play for Pittsburgh next season.”
It is probably a good threat to Kessel. Rutherford doesn't want to be held hostage by Kessel, so this is the way he can turn the tables and maybe get Kessel to relax some of his destination restrictions. :dunno:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just find it weird that Yohe went from "Kessel probably would rather go to Minnesota than stay in Pittsburgh" to "Kessel doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh" in 3 days :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad