All-Purpose News Thread Part II

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Considering that WWE was rebranding Keith Lee as "Bearcat", that release makes less sense.

Karrion was REALLY minimized when he got called up to the main roster after coming across as an unstoppable force in NXT.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'd pick up Ember Moon and Mia Yim if I'm Tony Khan. AEW Women's division needs help. I wouldn't sign any of the male wrestlers.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thinking about the scenario where Adam Cole just went with the idea of cutting his hair and managing Keith Lee to just then be immediately released.

that was obviously just an attempt to kill his career.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Scarlett Boudreaux
Ember Moon
Franky Monet
Oney Lorcan
Jessie Kamea
Trey Baxter
Zayda Ramier
B-Fab (!!!!)
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado
Karrion Kross (!)
Keith Lee
Mia Yim
Eva Marie
Harry Smith (never made it to TV)
Nia Jax (wow)

Her being gone is almost, ALMOST, enough to make some other cuts not matter.

Reactions: CDJ and Guardian17

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Keith Lee and Ember Moon should be easy decisions. The rest would just be nice to haves imo.

a buddy of mine has already received response back from Oney Lorcan, and it seems he’s all hyped up to bring back Biff Busick.

Reactions: CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Maybe Vince will rehire Hornswoggle now ???? Anyway - this is so freaking stupid that it's probably true. :shakehead

from heelbynature.com:

WWE are reportedly interested in signing shorter referees.

WWE has used some odd production techniques in the past to make their Superstars look like the larger than life characters they constantly make them out to be. This has included camera angles, backstage interview stances and more all in an attempt to make their talents look taller.

However they may now be trying yet another technique, as Dave Meltzer noted on the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there is a directive within WWE to hire shorter referees.

The idea behind this new directive is that by hiring shorter referees, it will hopefully help make Superstars look taller when performing in the ring.

Many of WWE’s current wrestlers are shorter than decades prior, where WWE focused on larger than life characters such as Hulk Hogan, Kane and The Undertaker. WWE are now focusing on taller ‘athletes’ when looking for their next generation of Superstars, with less of a focus on independent wrestlers.

This has been proven with the recent signings of Bron Breakker (Bronson Rechsteiner) and Harland (Parker Boudreaux), both being former American Football Players. Along with 7’3″ Omos, all three wrestlers have been propelled to stardom on their respective brands, with Breakker taking part in WWE’s main roster UK tour just several months after making his WWE in-ring debut.

Many of WWE’s current referees aren’t over 6ft in height, so they could be looking to do the same when recruiting their next referees, or possibly go for shorter referees.

that company is so f***ing backwards

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nah, that is pretty much pro wrestling 101 - If your ref is 5 ft3 or 5-4 it makes the guys who are 5-10 and 5-11 look taller

And if your wrestlers are allowed to be wrestlers it doesn’t matter who the referee is.

if you can do the job, you can do the job. Goes for refs and wrestlers.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Keith Lee and Ember Moon should be easy decisions. The rest would just be nice to haves imo.

a buddy of mine has already received response back from Oney Lorcan, and it seems he’s all hyped up to bring back Biff Busick.

biff can work and I do remember him doing a ton of PWG stuff back in the day…I feel like that’s usually a pretty good indicator of if somebody is coming in to AEW these days lol

WWE trying to rope-a-dope AEW it seems.

kinda f***ed up they did Harry Smith like that. Kinda want AEW to bring him in and reunite KES with Archer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
biff can work and I do remember him doing a ton of PWG stuff back in the day…I feel like that’s usually a pretty good indicator of if somebody is coming in to AEW these days lol

WWE trying to rope-a-dope AEW it seems.

kinda f***ed up they did Harry Smith like that.

biff was nothing short of electric with all of his Beyond Wrestling appearances. His mother showed up one night and she screamed “don’t hurt my biff!” Right as the place went silent. The rest of the match the crowd chanted “please don’t hurt my Biff”

Reactions: sabremike and CDJ

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
And if your wrestlers are allowed to be wrestlers it doesn’t matter who the referee is.

if you can do the job, you can do the job. Goes for refs and wrestlers.

It is still a show, not a real sport, when you go see the Avengers movie you don't expect Hulk, Captain America, and Thor to be the same size as the guy who sold you the popcorn

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I just don’t get WWE Raw is already so stale now you have less talent to fill 3 hours of TV. Get ready for even more of the same matches over and over and over

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looks like Vince wants his interviewers to be shorter too. :thumbd:

FDM77M5WUAIV45R

Reactions: Raymondo316

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just don’t get WWE Raw is already so stale now you have less talent to fill 3 hours of TV. Get ready for even more of the same matches over and over and over
Sounds like Nick Khan said something along the lines of expecting NXT talent to come up faster. They’re already throwing them away on TV much faster than they were.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Damn, they released Jeet Rama on Diwali. That's like releasing someone on Christmas. What a shitty company.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Scarlett Boudreaux

From the little I have watched wrestling in recent years, anytime I see her I see huge star. For starters her mic skills are top notch, she is passable in the ring and then their is the obvious(looks). I thought she could be a modern day Sheri Martel

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From the little I have watched wrestling in recent years, anytime I see her I see huge star. For starters her mic skills are top notch, she is passable in the ring and then their is the obvious(looks). I thought she could be a modern day Sheri Martel

I guess she's QAnon like Kross so it's likely they were antivaxxers like Nia Jax.

Alavarez said there were I guess more than 3 people released who refused to get vaccinated. Stupid idiots..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad