All-Purpose News Thread Part II

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I remember Jimmy Rave from those TNA days with Lance Archer (then Lance Hoyt). Saw him wrestle live at No Surrender 2008.

Sad news but why is the arm amputation what ended his career? He had both legs amputated.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Greg Hamilton was released by WWE

More from pwinsider.com:

WWE quietly released Greg Hamilton earlier this week. Hamilton started with WWE in 2015 for NXT, and then was brought up to the main roster in 2016, where ever since he has been the company's most prominent ring announcer since Justin Roberts was let go in 2014.

Hamilton made news just a few days ago by threatening rapper Westside Gunn, saying that WWE would sue him on his behalf for sampling his voice on some tracks without compensation or permission. In a string of unprofessional posts on Instagram, he first demanded $20,000 for using his voice on his "incoherent kindergarten fables", but then upped it to $30,000 when Gunn didn't reply to him immediately, saying the price was going up daily and demanding that he "apologize and I’ll think about not collecting every dime for the rest of your life...or I can just get WWE lawyers." He has since deleted the posts. Gunn is a big WWE fan who has appeared in the crowd in the past, and he’s signed to Eminem’s record label so he surely has corporate lawyers of his own.

It's unclear if WWE fired him over this or if his release is completely unrelated, but the timing is very curious.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not at all. How did you get that from what I said?

the-joke-you-over-your.gif

Reactions: Megahab

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
More from pwinsider.com:

WWE quietly released Greg Hamilton earlier this week. Hamilton started with WWE in 2015 for NXT, and then was brought up to the main roster in 2016, where ever since he has been the company's most prominent ring announcer since Justin Roberts was let go in 2014.

Hamilton made news just a few days ago by threatening rapper Westside Gunn, saying that WWE would sue him on his behalf for sampling his voice on some tracks without compensation or permission. In a string of unprofessional posts on Instagram, he first demanded $20,000 for using his voice on his "incoherent kindergarten fables", but then upped it to $30,000 when Gunn didn't reply to him immediately, saying the price was going up daily and demanding that he "apologize and I’ll think about not collecting every dime for the rest of your life...or I can just get WWE lawyers." He has since deleted the posts. Gunn is a big WWE fan who has appeared in the crowd in the past, and he’s signed to Eminem’s record label so he surely has corporate lawyers of his own.

It's unclear if WWE fired him over this or if his release is completely unrelated, but the timing is very curious.
It seems like the most likely reason, but I don’t know, seems pretty harsh even for WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Sounds like it was more of an amicable split with some family health issues playing a role. He’ll probably resurface somewhere down the road.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Sounds like it was more of an amicable split with some family health issues playing a role. He’ll probably resurface somewhere down the road.

He has one of those jobs that really isn't noticed unless you truly suck at it, and I think that's why he skated by for so long. I don't think he's all that good, but he's not completely terrible

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
His arm was amputated back in November 2020 which is when his career ended. He recently had to have both legs amputated. :(

Ah I completely misread that. I thought the legs were amputated first and then the arm just a few days ago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He has one of those jobs that really isn't noticed unless you truly suck at it, and I think that's why he skated by for so long. I don't think he's all that good, but he's not completely terrible
I think he’s the best person they’ve had since Fink personally. But Fink was on such a high level, everyone else is really arbitrary.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Bray Wyatt's non-compete expired either yesterday or today. It would be disappointing for me if he ends up anywhere other than AEW. WWE is my second choice but please not Impact.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I feel like Bray would get so much more creative control in AEW. That place is much better suited for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like Bray would get so much more creative control in AEW. That place is much better suited for him.
He would probably get the most in impact where they can tape more stuff

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
" Heels " renewed for a 2nd season.

from deadline.com:

Heels-Season-1.jpg

Heels will tap in for Season 2 as Starz has renewed the rookie wrestling drama that premiered in the summer.

Also, Trey Tucker and Robby Ramos have been upped from recurring to series regular-roles for the second season, playing Bobby Pin and Diego Cottonmouth, respectively. Production will begin next year.

Heels revolves around the men and women who chase their dreams in the world of small-town pro wrestling. Set in a close-knit Georgia community, it follows a family-owned wrestling promotion as two brothers and rivals (Stephen Amell and Alexander Ludwig) war over their late father’s legacy. In the ring, somebody must play the good guy and somebody must play their nemesis, the heel. But in the real world, those characters can be hard to live up to — or hard to leave behind.

Mike O’Malley will return for Season 2 as showrunner and executive producer and will reprise his role as Charlie Gully on the series written, created and executive produced by Michael Waldron. Peter Segal, who directed several episodes in the show’s first season, also serves as executive producer alongside Julie Yorn, Christopher Donnelly and Patrick Walmsley.

“It’s clear from the critical and fan acclaim that the stories and characters from the Duffy Wrestling League have made a connection with audiences bringing a community that is not often found to premium TV,” said Jeffrey Hirsch, President and CEO of Starz. “I’m excited for our amazing cast and executive producers to get back into the ring together for a second season.”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kyle O’Reilly, Johnny Gargano, and Juice Robinson all have contracts expiring in December

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Maybe Vince will rehire Hornswoggle now ???? Anyway - this is so freaking stupid that it's probably true. :shakehead

from heelbynature.com:

WWE are reportedly interested in signing shorter referees.

WWE has used some odd production techniques in the past to make their Superstars look like the larger than life characters they constantly make them out to be. This has included camera angles, backstage interview stances and more all in an attempt to make their talents look taller.

However they may now be trying yet another technique, as Dave Meltzer noted on the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there is a directive within WWE to hire shorter referees.

The idea behind this new directive is that by hiring shorter referees, it will hopefully help make Superstars look taller when performing in the ring.

Many of WWE’s current wrestlers are shorter than decades prior, where WWE focused on larger than life characters such as Hulk Hogan, Kane and The Undertaker. WWE are now focusing on taller ‘athletes’ when looking for their next generation of Superstars, with less of a focus on independent wrestlers.

This has been proven with the recent signings of Bron Breakker (Bronson Rechsteiner) and Harland (Parker Boudreaux), both being former American Football Players. Along with 7’3″ Omos, all three wrestlers have been propelled to stardom on their respective brands, with Breakker taking part in WWE’s main roster UK tour just several months after making his WWE in-ring debut.

Many of WWE’s current referees aren’t over 6ft in height, so they could be looking to do the same when recruiting their next referees, or possibly go for shorter referees.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Baby Steiner isn’t even that big. He’s obviously cut but I’m 2 inches taller than him and 10 pounds less than him. He’s listed at 6’0 230. It will definitely work but he’s somehow become a part of this narrative that they’re hiring giants and he is one of them

I think he’s their best prospect but I don’t get how ppl keep lumping him in with giants. Scott Steiner is a lot bigger than him. Like an inch and 50 lbs of muscle. Get that boy on some Stanozolol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Scarlett Boudreaux
Ember Moon
Franky Monet
Oney Lorcan
Jessie Kamea
Trey Baxter
Zayda Ramier
B-Fab (!!!!)
Katrina Cortez