Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD - New Update - (Post #1123)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
It only makes sense if they still want to resign him.
or (imo) JT Miller's asking price is so astronomical, and they know that, The moment teams ask, they will just pass on the deal anyways.
Another thought is that he only want's to go to like 3/4 Cities, So even with no NTC, If a team won't be allowed to Sign him to an extension, It's kind of like he has a NTC anyways.

Seriously, it's beyond annoying at this point. Do they want to move the guy or not? The impression I get is that they don't know what they want to do. I wouldn't trade for him if i didn't know the guy was interested in an extension or not. Dumb situation all around and I don't know how vancouver fans have been keeping tabs on this for like 9 months now without going crazy

It seems like they want to trade him as a rental but expect the return of an extended Miller.

If Miller does only have a few teams he wants to play for then I guess Vancouver thinks keeping that a secret is the best way to get maximum value for him as a rental.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
There are 48 pages in this thread alone, how are you still not aware of the situation for Vancouver?

JT has quite literally been a top 10 Vancouver Canuck of all time. We love him.
But Pettersson still weighs 175lbs soaking wet, and Quinn Hughes just got his first chin-hair. We're trying to get younger to line up with those guys, and we need to inject young talent.

Miller is the best trade chip our team has ever had, and we're trying to squeeze every last drop.
And there are multiple, numerous responses from Rangers fans letting Canucks fans know that he does not hold that same value for the Rangers as he does the Canucks.

The Rangers do not need a 1C. If Miller were to play wing, they don't need a 1LW, don't need a 2LW either. They don't need someone to run their PP.

What they do need is someone to take some PK responsibility away from Zibanejad to open him up for even more offense. They need someone that can be out there in the final minute to take an important faceoff.

JT Miller can do those things, but so can a lot of other players that will cost significantly less than him. The Rangers valuation of a 1 year rental is not going to get every last drop out of a trade. He's not worth it to the Rangers. Every ask has only INCREASED on Miller. It's gotten to the point where Lafreniere is in a package deal, which is horseshit because him on his ELC, under control for 5 more seasons, and his game growing is significantly more valuable than 1 season of JT Miller.

Don't say you'd move heaven and earth to keep him and contend when your own management won't move heaven and earth to try and compete with the guy. You're not going to get our "busts". You'd get Chytil, 1st and another piece. If Vancouver management isn't happy with that, they'll need to be the ones to move on.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
There are 48 pages in this thread alone, how are you still not aware of the situation for Vancouver?

JT has quite literally been a top 10 Vancouver Canuck of all time. We love him.
But Pettersson still weighs 175lbs soaking wet, and Quinn Hughes just got his first chin-hair. We're trying to get younger to line up with those guys, and we need to inject young talent.

Miller is the best trade chip our team has ever had, and we're trying to squeeze every last drop.
They can try to squeeze every last drop as every GM should but they probably won't get what they are seeking. JT Miller is 29 and coming off his best season statistically. He is also seeking a long term expensive deal that many teams will be unwilling to pay because of the risk and flat cap.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
The highest I’d want Fitz to go for 1 year of Miller is Zacha, Smith, + 2nd. Even then that seems risky for 1 year of a player but I guess Ottawa just gave up 7th OA and a 2nd for 2 years of Debrincat.

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
And there are multiple, numerous responses from Rangers fans letting Canucks fans know that he does not hold that same value for the Rangers as he does the Canucks.

The Rangers do not need a 1C. If Miller were to play wing, they don't need a 1LW, don't need a 2LW either. They don't need someone to run their PP.

What they do need is someone to take some PK responsibility away from Zibanejad to open him up for even more offense. They need someone that can be out there in the final minute to take an important faceoff.

JT Miller can do those things, but so can a lot of other players that will cost significantly less than him. The Rangers valuation of a 1 year rental is not going to get every last drop out of a trade. He's not worth it to the Rangers. Every ask has only INCREASED on Miller. It's gotten to the point where Lafreniere is in a package deal, which is horseshit because him on his ELC, under control for 5 more seasons, and his game growing is significantly more valuable than 1 season of JT Miller.

Don't say you'd move heaven and earth to keep him and contend when your own management won't move heaven and earth to try and compete with the guy. You're not going to get our "busts". You'd get Chytil, 1st and another piece. If Vancouver management isn't happy with that, they'll need to be the ones to move on.
Legit post. It's fairly clear now the holdup between the Canucks and Rangers is that the Canucks want young players that can contribute right away while the Rangers only want to trade futures. Can you blame either of them?

There comes a point where both teams have their merits for what serves their interests best and it simply doesn't have compatibility. This isn't a big deal amongst GMs and it shouldn't be a big deal here either. Canucks can and should simply just trade with another team that can match their needs. It seems like instead of that, Canucks' media and fans continue to focus on the Rangers. The reality is that the Canucks need to trade Miller far more than the Rangers or any team for that matter need to trade for him. That's the power dynamic here.

The idea that Laf is now the prime target in a trade is pure fantasy talk. It's just fan fiction posting at this point. fan fiction.

rotiman187

Nov 3, 2018
The highest I’d want Fitz to go for 1 year of Miller is Zacha, Smith, + 2nd. Even then that seems risky for 1 year of a player but I guess Ottawa just gave up 7th OA and a 2nd for 2 years of Debrincat.
Ya Canucks will just keep him bud. What a horrible package lol.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
So now we know without any doubt that Allvin & JR dropped the ball at the draft. Hearing what Lou said about the situation vs what Allvin & JR said tells us what we need to know. Combined with Friedman confirming that the Canucks haven’t let anyone talk extension with Miller yet, and it’s obvious that they screwed up.

There isn’t any justification for not letting teams talk to him. Allvin is asking for the long term price for Miller while only offering Miller as a rental. I don’t get it at all but what I do know is that if Benning did this, he would be getting DESTROYED by fans right now.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So now we know without any doubt that Allvin & JR dropped the ball at the draft. Hearing what Lou said about the situation vs what Allvin & JR said tells us what we need to know. Combined with Friedman confirming that the Canucks haven’t let anyone talk extension with Miller yet, and it’s obvious that they screwed up.

There isn’t any justification for not letting teams talk to him. Allvin is asking for the long term price for Miller while only offering Miller as a rental. I don’t get it at all but what I do know is that if Benning did this, he would be getting DESTROYED by fans right now.
I could have sworn I saw a thread that stated "the Vancouver Canucks are flourishing under competent management thanks to the firing of the Benning regime".

This development seems to contradict that.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
What team(s) do you think could legit have a desire to acquire miller?

Rangers
Islanders
Capitals
Devils
Hurricanes
Penguins
Blue Jackets

Add/remove??

The kadri, Malkin and maybe Johnny hockey dominoes could play a factor…

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I could have sworn I saw a thread that stated "the Vancouver Canucks are flourishing under competent management thanks to the firing of the Benning regime".

This development seems to contradict that.
Hey I didn’t make the thread haha. But I think that thread was an old one that got renamed anyway.

My opinion is I haven’t made an evaluation on them yet. I like that they got Kuzmenko and the Boeser contract is fine. But they aren’t looking so great with this Miller situation and they haven’t been able to clear a dollar of cap space yet despite them repeatedly saying that’s their main goal this off-season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What team(s) do you think could legit have a desire to acquire miller?

Rangers
Islanders
Capitals
Devils
Hurricanes
Penguins
Blue Jackets

Add/remove??

The kadri, Malkin and maybe Johnny hockey dominoes could play a factor…
Out of this list, I'd bet Miller wants to return to NYR.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
I would gladly cut all such fanbases from this thread who despise the idea of adding JT so it'd be more civil and interesting here. He has value and he doesn't fit the Vancouver timeline so he's most definitely on the market. Let's just all acknowledge that, be done with it, and those who don't wanna talk about it, just.. let it go, go spend your time elsewhere. Right?

Reactions: VancouverJagger

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No idea why they are restricting teams from talking to his agent.

This is largely limiting his potential return.

Well...Of course if Miller is willing to resign with any team that trades for him if they met his price that's one thing.

However...

What if the Canucks front office knows that Miller wants to sign with one team (let's say the rangers) next offseason. Now the Islanders (or anyone else) come along offering a great package for him...But only if they can speak to his agent about at least the parameters for an extension.

At the same time what if the rangers believe they can sign Miller for nothing next year if they just wait...So they aren't offering as much in a trade.

Would it make for the Canucks to let any team (including the rangers) to talk with his agent and reveal their plans thus reducing his trade value? It honestly wouldn't.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
What does Vancouver gain by not allowing extension talks? They seem to be fumbling this whole situation.
I think it’s because they don’t have a package they love. I think they want to lock teams in on value before they open the gates to negotiations, and also assume that teams what to see his asking price before they define a package.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
What does Vancouver gain by not allowing extension talks? They seem to be fumbling this whole situation.
extension talks for anyone going into the last year of their current contract are NOT allowed until July 13th... why is that so hard to understand for people?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
extension talks for anyone going into the last year of their current contract are NOT allowed until July 13th... why is that so hard to understand for people?

Yeah...On paper. Talks can happen anytime. They just can't resign an extension until then. If a trading team was allowed to speak with Miller's agent they could agree on the paraemters of a deal and then just exectute that deal in a few days.

Also not that hard to understand.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I think it’s because they don’t have a package they love. I think they want to lock teams in on value before they open the gates to negotiations, and also assume that teams what to see his asking price before they define a package.
Just seems like they’re limiting the return they can get. Really seems like they’re overplaying their hand.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What part of that is risky? Zacha who most NJD fans want to shoot to the moon? Smith who looked absolutely terrible and really isn't needed after stocking up on defense? (Yes, he's young and he'll probably bounce back, but I don't think he skates well enough for that role on NJD) The 2nd round pick?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
So JT scores 99pts on a NON playoff team yet other teams fans think he has no trade value...Aren't most top scorers in the league ON playoff teams...so what JT was able to accomplish should be IMPRESSIVE no?

Do 31 other NHL teams think JT demanded the puck and never gave it up so he could just rack up points? JT had a great season last year and was used in all situations and was so dominant that he had a 99pt season on a NON playoff team.

The issue is, are the Canucks a Stanley Cup contender right now...the answer is NO! So if you are not contending for a cup and making deep runs in the playoffs is it wise for your team to lock up a player who wants to cash in on his production since joining your team while being 30 yrs of age? The answer is NO, the best thing to do would be to trade that asset for a return that helps fill areas of need on your team and will contribute to them becoming better and making the playoffs and one day maybe being a cup contender...say 4-6yrs from now, JT at 34-36 making north of 8M with a NMC would hurt the Canucks when they have to sign the younger core players who would be in mid 20s the late 20s making more $$$ in that 4-6yr time frame.

The Canucks need to fix many areas on the team and JT Miller could recoup some young assets that would help fix the mess of a team Benning left!

Ask Dallas how the Benn and Seguin deals are looking now as an example, will they ever be 80-100pt players again, very unlikely both will so they are NOT worth the huge cap hit they have at what age...

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Just seems like they’re limiting the return they can get. Really seems like they’re overplaying their hand.
Best to wait until the 13th to allow that. That way the trade can take an extension into effect and he is no longer traded as a pure rental. Value goes up.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
He’s not allowed to SIGN an extension. They can talk about whatever they want.
so teams are upset and can't wait till the 13th... Go overpay Kadri and not give up assets but never get close to the $$ your gonna pay him instead then. Or sign a 35yr old Malkin for 4 years and hope he can stay healthy.

Your offers for JT are low and don't address areas of need. NJ is going to get Gaudreau in FA so enjoy having that smurf who can't do anything in the playoffs

Best to wait until the 13th to allow that. That way the trade can take an extension into effect and he is no longer traded as a pure rental. Value goes up.
Exactly, some people just don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia