Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD - New Update - (Post #1123)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Most Recent Rumors -

JUNE 21th 2022 - INSIDER TRADING

JUNE 21th 2022 - CAPITALS INTERESTED

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucker101

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
J.T. Miller is the only 99 point first line centre on the trade market since who?

The only other top ten scorers traded somewhat lately have been guys named Jagr and Hossa.

I know it’s so gross and blah blah blah and oh my God hold your nose etc etc etc

Get the f*** over it. The Canucks have a major trade piece and have good news coming. We are sorry for that getting you all up in your feelings. You need to reevaluate your life choices for caring so much about wanting to end it all cause Canucks aren’t laughable any longer.

So what happens here?

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Trading Miller would be a bozo move.

Nucks have a lot of great young players ready to take another step. Hughes just had a monster season at 22. Hoglander and Podz are legit, and on cheap deals for another season. Demko ofcourse is Demko.

A lot of guys just need to up their games and reach full potential. The only real thing of consequence needed is a RD. If the team as a whole, isn't ready to take a full season seriously, or our managements only way to improve the RD is by trading out 1C.... then we gonna suck no matter what.

Pay JT his $$.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Feel like this is gonna drag out till almost the start of the season till a trade is made, just doesn't feel like anything gets done by the time of the draft

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Trading Miller would be a bozo move.

Nucks have a lot of great young players ready to take another step. Hughes just had a monster season at 22. Hoglander and Podz are legit, and on cheap deals for another season. Demko ofcourse is Demko.

A lot of guys just need to up their games and reach full potential. The only real thing of consequence needed is a RD. If the team as a whole, isn't ready to take a full season seriously, or our managements only way to improve the RD is by trading out 1C.... then we gonna suck no matter what.

Pay JT his $$.
Canucks don’t have a lot of younger players ready for further steps. I’m sorry. They are what they are. They need so much work.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Canucks don’t have a lot of younger players ready for further steps. I’m sorry. They are what they are. They need so much work.
We have arguably the worst prospect pool in the league.
JT Miller is an unreal player, But with his age, and where we are in the "retool"
It just makes more sense to get a Haul and reload for year 2/3.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
6’1” 218 pound, 99 points, 172 hits, full time center this season who played in all situations.

Fans of other teams: “nah, don’t need unless you want this mediocre package”
Important to mention he can play LW, C, and RW
Can play in all situations, and has been Clutch as well.
Not to mention has a ton of Grit and produced last playoffs.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The absolute worst case Scenario would be if he does not get traded, and the canucks are hovering around the playoff mark at the deadline.

No chance they trade him then, And he could leave for nothing.

Sign the guy this off-season or trade him, It's that simple.
Unless that contract comes with close to a full NTC or a large 8 year contract, I’m not sure what incentive Miller has to sign right now, especially since the front office has been posturing to trade him for half a year now.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
If guys like EP, Demko and Podz aren't gonna get any better, we should have an all encompassing trade them thread.

I don't believe that for a second tho.

Reactions: eviohh26

bringbacktheblack604

Jun 1, 2022
Unless that contract comes with close to a full NTC or a large 8 year contract, I’m not sure what incentive Miller has to sign right now, especially since the front office has been posturing to trade him for half a year now.
That's not exactly true. They said if the right deal presented itself and there was no shot at the playoffs they would listen but the goal had always been too try to get him signed at a fair deal for both sides.

He's come out and said he wants to be here and apparently was part of the pitch for Kuzmenko. There's also a report out of the local paper after the team just released a video for advertising purposes that revolved pretty much around JT, which as they pointed out would seem strange if the team were actively shopping him.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Whether you're rooting for a trade or re-signing or if you're hoping for the Canucks to win or lose the trade, this place during the off season is better with a toxic and combative 20 part Eichelesque thread than without it.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
6’1” 218 pound, 99 points, 172 hits, full time center this season who played in all situations.

You’re overlooking 29, expiring contract, his next contract will likely end up being an albatross to whoever signs it. I don’t think anyone is saying he didn’t have a great couple seasons. But can he replicate it? Especially on a new team,

The reason alot of teams fans don’t want him are the same reasons some Canuck favs want him traded. He’s not a fit for the franchise right now. Especially if you add a high acquisition cost.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You’re overlooking 29, expiring contract, his next contract will likely end up being an albatross to whoever signs it. I don’t think anyone is saying he didn’t have a great couple seasons. But can he replicate it? Especially on a new team,

The reason alot of teams fans don’t want him are the same reasons some Canuck favs want him traded. He’s not a fit for the franchise right now. Especially if you add a high acquisition cost.
miller is a fit for a contender. most trade proposal of vancouver fans focus on high quality futures from rebuilding teams.

there's the disconnect.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Might want to include in there that;

- He’s almost 30

- Only hit 99 points last season, nobody knows if he will hit it again. His last best was 72 in 69 gp

- He’s due for a massive raise so assuming he goes to a playoff team it will be hard for them to fit him in moving forward. Contract will probably look bad at the end as well

-UFA next season…. Teams can try and get him then for a lot cheaper?

Forgive me for not wanting to give up the moon for him. But I’m sure some team will overpay

Reactions: RSPens

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Reposting here so more can see:

Vancouver: 2nd overall + 21st overall + Kapanen

New Jersey: Boeser + Marino

Pittsburgh: Miller with extension in place

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The more I think about it, the more I want him in Toronto. He could be a great fit on a line with Matthews and Marner. Leafs have to go for it NOW. I don’t think they care if he re-signs or not. But they probably don’t have the pieces that Vancouver may want, which is too bad.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The more I think about it, the more I want him in Toronto. He could be a great fit on a line with Matthews and Marner. Leafs have to go for it NOW. I don’t think they care if he re-signs or not. But they probably don’t have the pieces that Vancouver may want, which is too bad.

They also don't really have the cap room either.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

career year for someone who will be a 30 yr old UFA.

all sales final sticker should be attached

Reactions: genk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad