Rumor: ALL PURPOSE JT MILLER THREAD - New Update - (Post #1123)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Your comp trades are the Brayden Schenn trade and the Derek Stepan trade in 2017 right before the draft.

Stepan + Raanta for #7 overall and Tony DeAngelo
Schenn for #27 overall and a top 10 protected 2018 1st rounder. (Lehtera was a cap dump)

And even with those, both players had term left on their deals. The Canucks are asking for way too much. Hate to break it to you, but the fanbase is delusional in what they think should be the return.

You can hem and haw your way through discussions about it, but the fact of the matter is that the precedent is not with what the Canucks are asking for under any circumstance. They blew getting the #13 overall pick last week. That was their deal. There was definitely more to it too, but you can't see the forest through the trees.
Are you comparing Stepan and Schenn to JT Miller?

If you are neither of those 2 players had a 99pt season going into their last year of their contract. Canucks don't need futures we need a good young D who could play top 4, a young C coming back anything beyond that is a bonus.

Canucks have stunk it up for long enough, they have some good young players and need to add to that age group. They could keep JT, but for him to stay in Vancouer I think he will want too much $$ compared to maybe being closer to home on the East Coast...been rumours about that, and of course when JT talks to Van media is going to say he loves it here, can guarantee he hates missing the playoffs and knows the team ain't close to competing for a cup!

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Does he maek u sweati tho?
I definitely can think so sire. On a hot summer day especially if the nhl playoffs are still on with HIS team. And he OWNS, his team and the OTHER TEAM as well. Errrtime he plays against other human beings.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
What di Lou actually say? Is there a quote?
When Allvin was asked what happened with the Islanders he just smiled and said no comment. When Lou was asked he seemed pissed and said “Go ask Vancouver”

Then the next day JR was pissed and claimed there weren’t any talks at all and that the media made it up. The whole thing is basically two geriatrics swinging their canes at each other.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
So "ask Vancouver"... not a whole lot to go on. Could be that other teams stepped up their potential offers and Luo was just pissy that the price went up. Who knows.

I'm just really skeptical of anything at this point. All the "insiders" haven't called any of the moves this management team has made. Nobody really knows what is going on. Even Lou's comment is pretty vague.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah they will, because he won't get the same usage in whatever team he goes to. You aren't getting a 99 point center because unless you plan on playing him the same amount, and running your PP through him (Hint: the NYR PP runs through Panarin and Fox, better players than Miller), he's not putting up those numbers.

Miller would get slotted behind Zibanejad. He'd be the bumper on the PP. He'd be more leaned on to kill penalties. His role is different. The rangers aren't trading for a 1C, they are trading for a 2C.

You don't get Lafreniere for 1 year of a 2C. You don't get Schneider either. You could get Othmann, but he seems to be off the board. You could get Chytil. 1 and a conditional 3 (2 if ECF) are easy to add in. That would be the best package you could get for Miller.
Miller is better than Zibanejad. He would get be ppg+ on the Rangers.

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyG89 and McJedi

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
With the rumours the pens are looking to offload a d and need a Malkin replacement, how about Marino + 23 1st for miller? Gets them the C replacement and shirts some money from D to F for the pens. For the Canucks they get a RHD signed to a good value contract for a top 4 D that’s in the age group of the core + another 23 1st

Reactions: Ninjadude

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
With the rumours the pens are looking to offload a d and need a Malkin replacement, how about Marino + 23 1st for miller? Gets them the C replacement and shirts some money from D to F for the pens. For the Canucks they get a RHD signed to a good value contract for a top 4 D that’s in the age group of the core + another 23 1st
rather schnieder and a 1st. marino has imo slightly regressed each season since his rookie year, would need a 3rd piece from pittsburgh

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Marino + Kapanen + 1st has been suggested by many posters on here

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
rather schnieder and a 1st. marino has imo slightly regressed each season since his rookie year, would need a 3rd piece from pittsburgh
Wouldn’t we all? Schneider is off the table according to rangers fans and from rumours. It’s time to let that fantasy die. Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the deal for the Canucks, thought maybe add a 2nd in there but the computer boys say Marino was really good in the playoffs for the pens. That and the fact dach/debrincat went for decent but slightly underwhelming offers makes me think this could be it. Wasn’t really sure how Marino is valued

Marino + Kapanen + 1st has been suggested by many posters on here
Seems like too much cap coming back to Vancouver. I’d much prefer a 2nd or include dickinson going back to the pens

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I think he’d be a great 2C replacement for Kadri on the Avs. Doubt they have money to extend him though so it would just be for another shot at the cup.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
I think he’d be a great 2C replacement for Kadri on the Avs. Doubt they have money to extend him though so it would just be for another shot at the cup.
The Avs’ assets are either too valuable (Newhook, Byram) or not valuable enough for JT Miller (Kraut, ‘23 1st rounder), so I don’t really see these two teams as good trading partners.

Reactions: McJedi

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Wouldn’t we all? Schneider is off the table according to rangers fans and from rumours. It’s time to let that fantasy die. Honestly I’m not a huge fan of the deal for the Canucks, thought maybe add a 2nd in there but the computer boys say Marino was really good in the playoffs for the pens. That and the fact dach/debrincat went for decent but slightly underwhelming offers makes me think this could be it. Wasn’t really sure how Marino is valued

Seems like too much cap coming back to Vancouver. I’d much prefer a 2nd or include dickinson going back to the pens

I'd probably say include Poolman in the deal back to the Pens instead of Dickinson. Gives the Canucks about $3 million in cap space and the Pens a somewhat serviceable RD.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
The Avs’ assets are either too valuable (Newhook, Byram) or not valuable enough for JT Miller (Kraut, ‘23 1st rounder), so I don’t really see these two teams as good trading partners.
We have Behrens and Olausson as well. They are much better than Kaut or Bowers our first is late obviously. How much do you honestly expect for one year of Miller? I guess that would also depend on if there is salary retention.

I wouldn’t touch Byram. I’d consider Newhook if we had room to extend Miller but we don’t and so we need Newhooks cost controlled salary.

canuckfaithful

Jun 6, 2012
I don’t see the difference. They can talk extension and then wait until the 13th to make the trade. Why wait?

Plus I thought Vancouver fans were dead set on getting a draft pick before the draft. A lot even suggested the 2nd OA should be in play for Miller (with an extension in place).
They prefer 2023 pics?

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
At this point I think the Canucks should re-sign Miller and trade Horvat. I see Miller aging much better than Horvat.

I've been on this train, albeit non vocally for awhile though.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Pipe dream...JR trades Miller to Carolina and he leads the Canes to sweep the Rongos in the 2nd rd of next years playoffs :).

The problem with this is it seems the Nucks want a hockey trade and most contenders want to trade futures. I doubt they're willing to retain either.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
At this point I think the Canucks should re-sign Miller and trade Horvat. I see Miller aging much better than Horvat.

I've been on this train, albeit non vocally for awhile though.
Not impossible—but that would be the 2022 version of trading Schneider instead of Luongo.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Pipe dream...JR trades Miller to Carolina and he leads the Canes to sweep the Rongos in the 2nd rd of next years playoffs :).

The problem with this is it seems the Nucks want a hockey trade and most contenders want to trade futures. I doubt they're willing to retain either.
what futures does Carolina have to offer? I imgaine Morrow + Drury are off the table. If thats the case the only other prospect of interest is Ponomarev

2023 1st + Ponimarev + ??

Also what incentive is added to retain on Miller?

One of Morrow or Drury + 23 1st gets it done without ret. 50% ret means Ponimarev gets added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese