OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic -- Part Deux

Would you root for the Expos if they returned as a split squad with the Rays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Before someone brings soccer back into the conversation (because I have a feeling it's coming), I just noticed recently that the Montreal MLS team is involved in a "playoffs race" and that hardly anyone is interested.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Before someone brings soccer back into the conversation (because I have a feeling it's coming), I just noticed recently that the Montreal MLS team is involved in a "playoffs race" and that hardly anyone is interested.

Attendance is low for MLS, but it's still 15k+ per game. Better than some NHL teams.

It takes up significant airtime on montreal sports radio, to my dismay.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Growing up in NDG, I played in a 8-team little league. Van Horne park in Cote des Neiges had a 24-team league, Cote St Luc, Snowdon & Hampstead had a 12-team league. So in a 5km radius there were nearly 50-teams for little league baseball.

Except Cote St Luc all the other diamonds don’t even exist today … MLB will never come back to Mtl
Local ball field here is rarely used.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What an inconsiderate twerp. F off, Dawson — go be a mortician and leave well enough alone.

Although, if he did remain an Expo, his legacy would be tainted anyway given his petition.

Reactions: Kimota

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
20231128_225827.jpg

Good quality baseball cap

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
I read Carter wanted a Mets cap there too.

No love for Nos Amours! :(

and F*** Vlad too.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I see nothing wrong, these guys are proud of their accomplishments & simply want to be remembered over the course of time, and they won’t be as an Expo

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I want to be mad. But Andre Dawson was all class. Love the guy. He’s from Chicago and I understand why he’s requested the change.

He’ll always be an Expo to me though.

Reactions: George Lebay

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am slightly miffed that Dawson wants his hat changed. I understand it--at the time it happened he wanted it to be a cubs hat. But this is partly financial as well. A few years ago there was an article in the financial times about how there was a financial benefit to players via companies from the city that they were in inducted from.

Dawson has made money from Chicago but not as much as other Cub hall of famers. Not saying that is the main reasoning behind what he wants it done--but it is a factor

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Strange that Basketball has been invented in Canada and we only have one team in Canada, i guess, another sport that the Americans stole from us.
They didn’t steal it, they just love the game more..

Being a sports fan is part of American culture… not so much in Canada

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They didn’t steal it, they just love the game more..

Being a sports fan is part of American culture… not so much in Canada

Not quite accurate. We love our sports in Canada too (huge NFL following, among others) but we just obsess about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad