OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic -- Part Deux

Would you root for the Expos if they returned as a split squad with the Rays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
There seems to be some sort of derangement syndrome when people become politicians. They lose their responsabilities in anything. To see whatshername who is in charge of this project talking with pride about her decision to propose this...it was baffling. It was like seeing a child talk.

Maybe some politicians see the Stadium as a source of pride when their politician friends come visit to Montreal and that's why they are Hell bent on keeping it.
The CAQ want to grab most of the 870 million for themselves, their donors, their friends, and organized crime. No one cares about the stadium at this point, and most wouldn't set foot in it since pieces started falling off. An outgoing right wing government is going to be an orgy of corruption and the stadium will be a small chunk of it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The CAQ want to grab most of the 870 million for themselves, their donors, their friends, and organized crime. No one cares about the stadium at this point, and most wouldn't set foot in it since pieces started falling off. An outgoing right wing government is going to be an orgy of corruption and the stadium will be a small chunk of it.

I don't see the connection but OK. lol

I want to go there on a boat!

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don't see the connection but OK. lol

I want to go there on a boat!
I figure now that the CAQ is looking less and less likely to be re-elected they're going to get while the getting's good. The 870 million to put a roof on a stadium no one wants is probably 800 million in thank yous to friends, donors, and business partners. "Oops, money's spent and the roof doesn't work, we'll let the incoming guys worry about it."

Considering how much MLB did to help the previous team leave, and to ensure the owners left with lots of money after putting up none of their own, I don't see them coming back. What does the stadium provide that's worth 870 million? What city couldn't build a new stadium, not just a roof, for 870 million? They wouldn't be floating such stuff if they though they could win, and they wouldn't be creating the mess if they expected to deal with the fallout.

The expos were fun, but the stadium has always been a disaster, and MLB in its current state is something that governments should be very leary of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad