Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I thought the Chicago pitch was that he'd play with Toews, but I suppose that's all conjecture.

Yes I think Kane would be that kind of player too, especially after the year he just had. I like Panarin but not sure he's pt/g on his own

Well either line 1 or 2, with Kane or Toews, you're basically on a 1A or 1B. Kaner was the one along for the ride with the Hawks' brass courting Vesey. Toews was in Canada for some clinic/workout thing.

I'd imagine it's highly likely that Panarin is on Toews' LW and can finish the feeds from JT that Hossa couldn't last year. Because we know Breadman can finish. Then Vesey slots in with Anisimov and Kaner. Looks good to me. :yo:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I freely said that while playing with Malkin and the obvious spot is there for the taking if he can step up and take it, there are arguments to be made for all of the teams that made his cut. That is why they made the cut. He is lucky to have a good number of attractive options.

Right, and I agree with all you just said. I was just pointing out to Randy that he very well could be on a line with Kaner, which would be just as satisfying for his stats as being on a line with Crosby, IMO.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We're headed to thread #7...!

hqdefault.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Well either line 1 or 2, with Kane or Toews, you're basically on a 1A or 1B. Kaner was the one with the Hawks' brass courting Vesey. Toews was in Canada for some clinic/workout thing.

I'd imagine it's highly likely that Panarin is on Toews' LW and can finish the feeds from JT that Hossa couldn't last year. Because we know Breadman can finish. Then Vesey slots in with Anisimov and Kaner. Looks good to me. :yo:

im never a fan of seeing teams promise a rookie who he will be playing with. He has no experience what so ever and sure they will try him out on those lines, but if there is no chemistry, Q will take him off very fast.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Come on Vesey...be Sid's new best LW buddy when Kunitz leaves. You know you want to.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Well either line 1 or 2, with Kane or Toews, you're basically on a 1A or 1B. Kaner was the one with the Hawks' brass courting Vesey. Toews was in Canada for some clinic/workout thing.

I sincerely hope that Chicago doesn't land him, because you know he'll turn out to be a 35 goal beast if so, and Chicago has had enough luck

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
im never a fan of seeing teams promise a rookie who he will be playing with. He has no experience what so ever and sure they will try him out on those lines, but if there is no chemistry, Q will take him off very fast.

Agreed. Just pointing out that Vesey has just as nice of an option on a line with Kaner as he does with Crosby. That's all.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
the longer this goes, the more points I expect him to get next year haha... im at about hmmmmm 55 points or else hes a bust now lol

As a Devils fan of course I would want him to pick us.

If I were in his position, it's Chicago, Boston, or NYR. How could a young kid pass up the opportunity to play in one of those cities with teams that have such history.

You're right though, the longer this goes, the more productive he better be for what he's putting teams and fans through.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
You're right though, the longer this goes, the more productive he better be for what he's putting teams and fans through.

Teams and fans are putting themselves through this by hyping him up. It's not his fault it's August and we have nothing else to talk about.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I know, such a small decision right? Your impatience is no reason for him to make his decision any quicker than he wants to.

LOL, yes I am a fan, my views have no relevance to any player's decisions, that's pretty much common knowledge to 99.99% of everyone here I hope, but thank you for your creative input

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Whoever signs him should immediately flip him to Edmonton as a punishment for putting us through this.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Heard from someone close to Vesey's camp that he's not announcing his team until this reaches thread #19.

Mar 26, 2010
Why is this guy getting so much hype. I could not care where he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad